Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > DV
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th April 2005, 19:28   #1  |  Link
BarteS

Captured video broken

The worst think has happened: my source files are broken
The strange thing is, it only happened to my Florida files, the other captured files are still OK.

I can't play the movie anymore with windows media player, winamp, ... It has something to do with the video, the audio is OK

Please help, I worked three months on the project!
»The codec of the source files is Canopus DV
Old 6th April 2005, 21:36   #2  |  Link
jggimi
Moderator Emeritus

...it only happened to my Florida files...

Type-1 vs. Type-2 DV .avi files, perhaps? We don't know, because you haven't provided enough information for any of us to give you further guidance.

What does GSpot say about the differences between your Florida files and other DV files?
Old 6th April 2005, 22:08   #3  |  Link
BarteS

First of all thanks for your reply, it means a lot to me!

Please click to see the screenshot of two g-spot's, the upper-left one doesn't play (Florida in the location), the down-right plays (spinning in the location). Quite strance if you ask me g-spot doesn't recognize my codec.

What else can I post? I simply can't imagine a thing. Both videos worked, but for some reason Florida doesn't anymore.

Last edited by BarteS; 6th April 2005 at 22:17.
BarteS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2005, 22:37   #4  |  Link
jggimi
Moderator Emeritus

It looks like they say "Codec not installed" -- the images are reduced and therefore unclear.

You may need to re-install the Canopus DV codec, or, if you are running NT/2000/XP, perhaps you need to be logged in as the user who installed Canopus.

But since it also looks like you didn't attempt to render the files in GSpot, its not exactly clear if the Canopus codec is the problem.
Old 6th April 2005, 23:12   #5  |  Link
BarteS

Quote:
Originally posted by jggimi
It looks like they say "Codec not installed" -- the images are reduced and therefore unclear.

You may need to re-install the Canopus DV codec, or, if you are running NT/2000/XP, perhaps you need to be logged in as the user who installed Canopus.

But since it also looks like you didn't attempt to render the files in GSpot, its not exactly clear if the Canopus codec is the problem.
The image is not reduced that much, but perhaps you're on XP and forgot to stretch it (XP automatically shrinks to fit the page)
About the re-installing the codec, I don't think this would change anything because it's just Florida that doesn't play. And both videos are compressed with the same codec. And I'm logged in as Administrator (just one user).
I just rendered both videos in gspot, with the same result:
Video Path(S) --> AVI Splitter --> Unspecified VFW codec --> (R)
Audio Path(S) --> AVI Splitter --> (R)