Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 25th January 2017, 16:15   #42161  |  Link
Ver Greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedpul View Post
Have anyone tried the new option in NV Control Panel "Optimize for Compute Performance"? It is a new option in drivers 378.49, that improves performance in madVR for me. It is just 1ms but it is something.
Where can I find that in the control panel? I installed 378.59 on my laptop, which has a GTX 1060, but I don't see that option in the Manage 3D Settings list.

Edit: Hmm, people saying it only exists for Maxwell cards. I'll install the drivers for my desktop's GTX 970 in a bit and see if it's there.

Edit2: Yep, activated it on my GTX 970 for the Media Player Classic profile (after extending said profile to cover the 64-bit MPC-HC as well). Thanks for the tip! I wonder if Pascal cards just don't need it, or if it hasn't been implemented yet.

Last edited by Ver Greeneyes; 25th January 2017 at 16:46.
Ver Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 19:03   #42162  |  Link
fedpul

Maybe it is not needed with Pascal. It is in fact better at computing than Maxwell.

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk
fedpul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 20:44   #42163  |  Link
CruNcher

It has a higher efficient (improved) Hardware Power Supply Design with less interferences and more stable overall.

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 25th January 2017 at 20:48.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 21:58   #42164  |  Link
YGPMOLE

Hi Everybody!

I'm using MPC-BE + LAV Filters + SVP + FFDShow + ReClock + madVR (0.91.5) with an Ati Radeon RX 480 Nitro and drivers output RGB 4.4:4 Full on Windows 10 Pro at 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

If I set all the video chain to output at RGB32, everything works fine and Reclock says that the video stream is RGB32 at 60.000 fps; but I assume that FFDShow makes a RGB32 -> YV12 -> RGB32 conversion, because if I leave just the RGB32 input color space in the Avisynth tab in FFDShow, I got an error that indicates that Avisynth needs planar color space. If I check the YV12 box also, everything works again.

So (to avoid unnecessary/unwanted conversion), I set all the chain in YV12, assuming that the final conversion it's made by madVR (at maximm quality) due to the driver RGB 4:4:4 setting: am I right?

If yes, why in this case ReClock says that the input stream is YV12? Maybe because madVR works after the audio/video synchronization made by Reclock?

Sorry for my bad english.
Old 25th January 2017, 22:01   #42165  |  Link
huhn

i'm not 100% sure what your real problem is but does it work with default lavfilter settings?
if yes use them!
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 22:12   #42166  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Have anyone tried the new option in NV Control Panel "Optimize for Compute Performance"? It is a new option in drivers 378.49, that improves performance in madVR for me. It is just 1ms but it is something.
I didn't gain really anything with it enabled, but if I use D3D11 and drop to windowed mode on my 960 there's a whole bunch of blocky corruption.
Disabling it and restarting the PC resolves it. If you're going to test this feature I'd recommend restarting the PC each time you change the option.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 22:27   #42167  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz View Post
I just switched the card, nothing more. No software or hardware changes besides the graphics driver of course. I put the old card back in and all problems are gone. So it's the card.
It could be something on your system that is somehow triggered by the card.
If you really want to be sure, find another PC to put the card in.

If that PC also shows a slow clock, it's the card.
The only way to be sure.
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 22:43   #42168  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Anyone know if the 1050 and the Ti is any faster than the 960 with NNEDI3?
The Ti is slightly faster then a 960, but not to any levels that would be worth upgrading to - but if you're buying new and deciding which to get, I would favor the 1050Ti, the non-Ti is slower.
Old 26th January 2017, 00:55   #42169  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGPMOLE View Post
I'm using MPC-BE + LAV Filters + SVP + FFDShow + ReClock + madVR (0.91.5) with an Ati Radeon RX 480 Nitro and drivers output RGB 4.4:4 Full on Windows 10 Pro at 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.
I got an error that indicates that Avisynth needs planar color space. If I check the YV12 box also, everything works again.
This is normal, SVP's Avisynth-script supposes YV12 input unless otherwise specified or add a ConvertTo(YV12) in begin of the script.
Quote:
So (to avoid unnecessary/unwanted conversion), I set all the chain in YV12, assuming that the final conversion it's made by MadVR (at maximum quality) due to the driver RGB 4:4:4 setting: am I right?
Right : if the whole chain is YV12, MadVR will convert this with HQ to RGB.
Quote:
If yes, why in this case ReClock says that the input stream is YV12? Maybe because madVR works after the audio/video synchronization made by Reclock?
No, the renderer is always the last step, ie MadVR in this case.
If all is YV12 (except after MadVR->display of course), it's to be expected that Reclock reports YV12 ;-)
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 10:14   #42170  |  Link
adhara

Hi,

I upgraded my MadVr version to 0.91.5.
Looks like image doubling/quadrupling settings disapeared

I'd like to set up my configuration like that:

Chroma: NGU high quality
Image: Jinc3 + AR
Double Luma: 2.0x or greater - NGU very high quality
Double Chroma: Off
Upscaling refinement: soften edges (1)
Artifact removal - Debanding: Medium/High
Artifact removal - Deringing: Off
Image enhancements: Off
Dithering: Error Diffusion 2

How to activate double luma / chroma with the latest Madvr version ?

Regards.
adhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 12:11   #42171  |  Link
huhn

go to image upscaling and select NGU then select very high in the drop down menu.
for chroma quality select normal.

at them moment madVR is super sampling often with no real control over it you need profiles to make sure it is only doing it for scaling 2x or high.

if the source needs more than 2x scaling it may super sample no matter what. i personally don't know a way to stop super sampling 720p to UHD or 480p DVD to 1080p with NGU medium or higher.
Old 26th January 2017, 13:02   #42172  |  Link
fedpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
I didn't gain really anything with it enabled, but if I use D3D11 and drop to windowed mode on my 960 there's a whole bunch of blocky corruption.
Disabling it and restarting the PC resolves it. If you're going to test this feature I'd recommend restarting the PC each time you change the option.
Hi ryrynz, please try using D3D9. I can't even use D3D11 with my 970, it gives me black screens no matter what settings I choose. D3D11 works better with AMD.
fedpul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 13:05   #42173  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Hi ryrynz, please try using D3D9.
That's exactly what I'm saying, D3D9 was fine.

Quote:
I can't even use D3D11 with my 970, it gives me black screens no matter what settings I choose. D3D11 works better with AMD.
I have zero issues with D3D11 on my 960. I wouldn't bother with this setting anyway, like I said, it gives me no real result.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 16:07   #42174  |  Link
adhara

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
go to image upscaling and select NGU then select very high in the drop down menu.
for chroma quality select normal.

at them moment madVR is super sampling often with no real control over it you need profiles to make sure it is only doing it for scaling 2x or high.

if the source needs more than 2x scaling it may super sample no matter what. i personally don't know a way to stop super sampling 720p to UHD or 480p DVD to 1080p with NGU medium or higher.
Thanks ! That really strange we are not able to set up image doubling/quadrupling easily... This is a big regression.

@Warner306 >> Your user guide helped me a lot several times. Could you please update it according the new madvr version ?

chapter "Display: 3840 x 2160p" (maybe some others as lot of things were been modified.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...958#pid2238958
adhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2017, 16:41   #42175  |  Link
huhn

this gets changed again in the an upcomming version.
Old 26th January 2017, 20:34   #42176  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhara View Post
Thanks ! That really strange we are not able to set up image doubling/quadrupling easily... This is a big regression.

@Warner306 >> Your user guide helped me a lot several times. Could you please update it according the new madvr version ?

chapter "Display: 3840 x 2160p" (maybe some others as lot of things were been modified.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...958#pid2238958
I won't update any support info until the design of the settings dialog is stable and not subject to change. Too much editing.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 02:50   #42177  |  Link
YGPMOLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
If all is YV12 (except after MadVR->display of course), it's to be expected that Reclock reports YV12 ;-)
This means that I made the right settings: with all the chain to YV12 I got no unnecessary convertions and the maximum quality in RBG output!

Thank you, Pat357!
Old 27th January 2017, 03:07   #42178  |  Link
jameshendricks1969

Dropped frames with subtitles on during panning shots

I often experience tons of frames being dropped when subtitles are on and there's panning shots with the latest (and previous versions of) MadVR in MPC-HC. There's no frames dropped when subtitles are disabled. This happens regardless if xysubfilter, xy-vsfilter or neither is installed. Does anyone know exactly what's occurring here and is there a fix?
jameshendricks1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 03:28   #42179  |  Link
baii

What is the difference hdr -> sdr via shader math or 3dlut? and how to make such 3dlut?
baii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 04:19   #42180  |  Link
jameshendricks1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshendricks1969 View Post
I often experience tons of frames being dropped when subtitles are on and there's panning shots with the latest (and previous versions of) MadVR in MPC-HC. There's no frames dropped when subtitles are disabled. This happens regardless if xysubfilter, xy-vsfilter or neither is installed. Does anyone know exactly what's occurring here and is there a fix?
Ooh. I feel dumb now. xysubfilter wasn't working right because I had the x64 version installed with the x86 version of MPC-HC, and I had MPC-HC's built-in subtitle renderer enabled. Installed xysubfilter x86, disabled MPC's built-in subtitle renderer, problem solved.

Last edited by jameshendricks1969; 27th January 2017 at 05:06.
jameshendricks1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling