Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11th February 2010, 17:55   #3301  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Could you please place that option somewhere in the program?
How would that look like? You could make a filter profile with deinterlacing enabled, that's easy do and easy to use.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:01   #3302  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
How would that look like?
"Do you have DGNVTools?" "Options you should like" "Bla, bla, bla"

NVTools is way better and faster than DGIndex. It should be default enabled when found.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:11   #3303  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

whats the quicker or proper way to just mux in StaxRip?

howto bypass indexing so i can open my source threw set file to mux choose audio, subtitles, chapters so on

StaxRip keeps asking me to open source
Old 11th February 2010, 18:26   #3304  |  Link
stax76

@tormento

There are some things making it problematic to use it as default. When you open a dgi file for the first time StaxRip sets up a couple of things, only thing left to do then is enabling MPEG-2 file extensions I think.

Quote:
howto bypass indexing
Only way to bypass demuxing is disabling it in the settings, there will be a dialog to choose which streams to demux from Blu-ray and MKV

Last edited by stax76; 11th February 2010 at 18:32.
Old 11th February 2010, 19:14   #3305  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

can i just open the video threw here so i dont have to demux or index the source?

i set the file to mux and i see it's added to the container configuration command line

but after i load the subtitles, chapter file, audio tracks and try to proceed to just mux to mkv StaxRip does'nt let me continue i keep getting asked to open a source

i just want to load the files in StaxRip and mux to mkv no demuxing or indexing
Old 11th February 2010, 19:22   #3306  |  Link
stax76

Job processing always requires to open a source file and currently the only way to prevent demuxing is to disable it in the settings. I know sometimes it's not desired to demux and disabling it in the settings globally is not a good solution, it's mostly Blu-ray related, something that needs to be improved.
Old 11th February 2010, 20:21   #3307  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

yeah it sure is a pain demuxing and indexing large Blu-ray sources to just mux but it's no biggie

the good news is i just muxed a Blu-ray backup that has a 5.1 TrueHD track (thd+ac3) and it muxed to .mkv with no problems

later i will mux another backup that has a 5.1 DTS-MA (dtshd) track and report back
Old 12th February 2010, 02:21   #3308  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

DTS-MA muxing was a success once again great coding from the staxster
Old 12th February 2010, 02:39   #3309  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

--merange is stuck at 51 no way to make it go higher can you allow up to 64 please

also can you show both passes rather then just the second pass and a export option to clipboard just like you did with import?

Old 12th February 2010, 07:10   #3310  |  Link
Anakunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
There is no real support for this, you can close the preview and then go to Tools > Play File > AviSynth Script.
Thx for answer. Except this Staxrip is the best solution for encoding my vieos. Is it possible somehow to cut the video in external environment (Premiere, Vegas, Tmpgenc or similar), and then import or reuse the regions for encoding? Sometimes TV rip containing ad blocks, which cause the end of ending movie block overlaps the begin of following movie block, thus it is necessary to cut part of following movie block, unfortunatelly I find this very difficult, if not impossible in Staxrip.

Last edited by Anakunda; 12th February 2010 at 07:15.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:52   #3311  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@stax76

StaxRip is not adjusting the file size after running compressibility checks if audio files are loaded into StaxRip before running the checks please fix
Old 12th February 2010, 15:28   #3312  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

@stax76

As Mosu kindly agreed not to help me, would be possible to get chapters in mkv when batch processing a bunch of files into a single one? One chapter per file would be sufficient

P.S: A new keyframe per file beginning would be a good idea too
Old 12th February 2010, 15:56   #3313  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
StaxRip is not adjusting the file size after running compressibility checks if audio files are loaded into StaxRip before running the checks please fix
Audio is always loaded before running the comp. check, I don't think it's related to that, maybe indirectly. I would need a description how to reproduce it.

Quote:
As Mosu kindly agreed not to help me, would be possible to get chapters in mkv when batch processing a bunch of files into a single one? One chapter per file would be sufficient
I can only consider feature requests if several people make the same request or a description to illustrate the usefulness of the feature is provided or technical details are provided.

Quote:
also can you show both passes rather then just the second pass and a export option to clipboard just like you did with import?
I would look mixed because of the wrapping, would be long depending on setting when paths are shown, highlighting would not work. Unless you've customized the first pass, there is not a difference, how would it be useful?

Last edited by stax76; 12th February 2010 at 16:13.
Old 12th February 2010, 16:48   #3314  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76
Audio is always loaded before running the comp. check, I don't think it's related to that, maybe indirectly. I would need a description how to reproduce it.
open source (*.dgi) -> open x264 settings tweak save -> set adjust file size after comp. check in project options save -> load subtitles, chapter file into container config save -> load audio tracks save -> run comp. check -> no adjustment of the file size after comp. check

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76
I would look mixed because of the wrapping, would be long depending on setting when paths are shown, highlighting would not work. Unless you've customized the first pass, there is not a difference, how would it be useful?
test different switches in command prompt so i run many little quick encodes so i'll be able to export switches from StaxRip quickly create .cmd files run save results to >.txt look at the output create profiles in StaxRip from findings
Old 12th February 2010, 20:36   #3315  |  Link
chagos

Hi,
I tried to crop the black bars from a vid using StaxRip. The problem is that after encoding, the side bars are there untouched, but the resolution of video was drop down. Already tried to crop with VirtualDub, but the same result. Has anyone know what's the problem with those black side bars?

Edit: note that I tried to crop more than it's needed with a dar=2.000, but I've got the same result.

Last edited by chagos; 12th February 2010 at 20:43.
Old 12th February 2010, 22:31   #3316  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@chagos

copy and paste the *_StaxRip.log for that project please
Old 12th February 2010, 22:44   #3317  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@chagos

did you use? -> StaxRip 1.1.4.8
Old 12th February 2010, 23:24   #3318  |  Link
chagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuLTiTaSK View Post
@chagos

did you use? -> StaxRip 1.1.4.8
Latest version did a good job. Thanks MuLTiTaSK.
Old 12th February 2010, 23:41   #3319  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

@chagos

dont thank me thank the great stax76
Old 13th February 2010, 00:53   #3320  |  Link
MuLTiTaSK

FFmpegSource 2.13 Released!

FFmpegSource 2.13
Closed Thread

Tags
gui, h.264, h.265, hevc, mkv, x264, x265