Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2007, 03:55   #1261  |  Link
CER22

ugh! I wish I remembered how I rolled back mine. There's an alternate way to do it I think by typing in something in run to delete. It's def somewhere in this thread b/c it's brought up at least once a week. Try a search using different key words until you find it. There's directions on how to do it with a download on here. Also, you can try google.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:55   #1262  |  Link
mousemurder

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfnoslen View Post
I've been reading this thread since page 28, but I can't figure this one out, somehow my ibx was updated, im thinking through one of microsoft's hotfix's, I tried rolling back using the method, but it would not let me uninstall the wmp runtime 11, after getting stuck for awhile, I upgraded to wmp11, then when I tried to uninstall using the method, it uninstalls wmp11 but in add/remove programs, it is still listed, runtime 11 is also still listed, when I do attempt to open wmp it says that the program will need to be reinstalled again, I'm not sure what to do at this point, everytime I install wmp11, and try the rollback that way I can't get wmp11 runtime off, any suggestions.

also under program files WMP setup file 3 times, 3 different files (forgot the real name of the file, name of the wmp setup file) but it has setupfilename(1),(2),(3), not sure what I did, I did change the name of the file using someone's "no update method" (you go into safe mode and change the setup name, I put a 0 at the end and it stops asking you to update, it works too!) Any suggestions? I tried a system restore no go

i tried to do the roll-back method.
my experience is that ms will update to the latest wmp-10 when you try to do the individualization.

also with that the latest drm2wmv doestn't work (no error just returns to the command line without doing anything)

i used the latest drmdbg (it crashes wmp about 50% of the time).
then i use an older versioin of drm2wmv. but it seems to quit on long movies. about 13%.

it works on the 1-minute ezdrm.com demos.
Old 26th June 2007, 22:05   #1263  |  Link
derfnoslen

I can't even get that far, when I try to rollback WMP11 it says that the roll back is complete but WMP 11 and runtime 11 is still listed in the add remove programs list.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:40   #1264  |  Link
SalSimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CER22 View Post
ugh! I wish I remembered how I rolled back mine. There's an alternate way to do it I think by typing in something in run to delete. It's def somewhere in this thread b/c it's brought up at least once a week. Try a search using different key words until you find it. There's directions on how to do it with a download on here. Also, you can try google.

Try Motoboy66's method when all else fails. It works.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...965#post918965

Post results please.
Old 27th June 2007, 19:37   #1265  |  Link
derfnoslen

Thanks!

I remember that post now, I'm going to try that when I get home from work, I'll post some results for you as well.
Old 27th June 2007, 23:23   #1266  |  Link
derfnoslen

It Worked!

Thanks alot for that post, I read the whole entire link, and then just used the shortcuts that he listed, it pulled up a box that went through the uninstall.

It asked a question about not being about to delete system file, I had to skip two files, then I did the 2nd shortcut and restarted, then WMP was gone (at last) from the add remove programs.

I uninstalled wmp11 runtime, restart, it didn't roll back to anything though, then installed, wmp11 beta, went to the ibx microsoft site with wmp beta still pressed the update button then closed wmp. Bad move, a wmp box came up saying "cancelling subscribtion rights", after that, I couldn't dowload anything using urge, it said that everything as not ava for download. I repeated the process without having wmp up while doing the update and it worked. yeah, thanks.

Last edited by derfnoslen; 27th June 2007 at 23:27.
Old 28th June 2007, 19:37   #1267  |  Link
derfnoslen

More Problems

Okay, now that I have WMP with fairuse working, my Zune program will not work, it's not listed under add/remove programs, so when I try to install it it says error: "restart computer and try again". I tried that no go, deleted everything from program files, and I'm going to try again once I get home from work, once I get this working I'm never doing anything to that computer again. haha
Old 28th June 2007, 23:25   #1268  |  Link
campermick

fairuse4wm

I just got a trial subscription to Napster. I can't convert any of the wma files to mp3. I heard about FairUse4wm and found it. I can't get it to work. I see posts hear with the same problem. Can you tell me where to look to find answers on how I can get it to work? I have no idea what some of the things you guys are talking about with this drm stuff.

Thanks Mick
Old 29th June 2007, 14:27   #1269  |  Link
opfreak

i've been out of the loop for a while, thinking this program died.

I currently am running vista x64, and zune with zune software. and paying for the music rental.

However, I prefer some napster, since imho it has more music.

if I set up a vm, running win xp in it, can I strip drm from napster files again?

I used to do this, but that was when I was running wmp10 (or whatever one is the 'old' version now).
Old 29th June 2007, 23:14   #1270  |  Link
mysekurity

Campermick: Please only use this program to remove DRM from tracks you own (not from subscriptions, and especially not from trials).

That said, if you choose to purchase the tracks, follow these steps:
-UnDRM the songs using FairUse4WM (see earlier in the thread for how to do this, but it should be pretty much self-explainatory)
-Convert the unprotected versions of the songs you own into mp3s using various conversion methods found throughout the internet.

protected wma can only be edited trivially (metadata, etc). You cannot convert it to another format or edit the waveform itself, or use it in many different ways.

So please, purchase the track. Don't abuse subscription services, and especially don't abuse the trial.

opfreak: yes, it is possible. Setup a virtual machine, undrm the files in the vm, and then drag them to your vista machine. (but again, keep it fair use).

derfnoslen: check your pm
Old 30th June 2007, 03:28   #1271  |  Link
campermick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysekurity View Post
Campermick: Please only use this program to remove DRM from tracks you own (not from subscriptions, and especially not from trials).

That said, if you choose to purchase the tracks, follow these steps:
-UnDRM the songs using FairUse4WM (see earlier in the thread for how to do this, but it should be pretty much self-explainatory)
-Convert the unprotected versions of the songs you own into mp3s using various conversion methods found throughout the internet.

protected wma can only be edited trivially (metadata, etc). You cannot convert it to another format or edit the waveform itself, or use it in many different ways.

So please, purchase the track. Don't abuse subscription services, and especially don't abuse the trial.

opfreak: yes, it is possible. Setup a virtual machine, undrm the files in the vm, and then drag them to your vista machine. (but again, keep it fair use).

derfnoslen: check your pm
Thanks for the reply. I will search the thread. I am new to all of this. I have the subscription to Napster so I assume that all that I download is mine. I am realizing that this may not be the case. I contacted them first about not being able to convert wma to mp3. Their suggestion was to burn to a cd then rip the cd into mp3 format. I use Nero and Nero won't burn the songs.
Old 30th June 2007, 18:56   #1272  |  Link
Danj

Quote:
Originally Posted by campermick View Post
I have the subscription to Napster so I assume that all that I download is mine.
This assumption is incorrect. If you are on a subscription plan you do not "own" anything at all. You cease to be allowed to play the songs as soon as your subscription terminates.
Old 30th June 2007, 22:19   #1273  |  Link
campermick

napster

Oh well, I guess you can't expect to get something for nothing. Thanks for the replies, it is appreciated

Mick
Old 30th June 2007, 22:36   #1274  |  Link
LotharZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
Ok, you can get drmdbg_19062007 here:

http://www.savefile.com/files/822788

Translation by http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/ gives
Could you reupload the file, link is dead.

thx
Old 1st July 2007, 16:42   #1275  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
Could you reupload the file, link is dead.
http://www.savefile.com/files/855836

Last edited by Wilbert; 1st July 2007 at 16:45.
Old 3rd July 2007, 16:20   #1276  |  Link
platpeng

what do you do with the .key file that is created with drmdbg?
Old 3rd July 2007, 17:01   #1277  |  Link
Wilbert

1) open drmdbg. WMP will pop up. open the file to decrypt. WMP will contact the server and check the lic. drmdbg will then automatically put a folder named DRM on the desktop which includes a file named drm2-i.key. you need to copy this into the drm2 folder inside the drm2wmv install directory.

2) now feed drm2wmv the WM file in question (e.g. simply drop it there) and it will be decrypted. wait until the process is over and the DOS window closes.

a new file is created without DRM.

kid/sid with FairUse4WM:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...796#post882796
Old 4th July 2007, 08:52   #1278  |  Link
BelGarion

I must be doing something wrong. O.o That or in the interim since the last post Microsoft has 'fixed' things again. I run DecryptIt, it starts to load, WMP crashs, restarts, crashs, restarts, etc and at no point is the /DRM folder gets created on the Desktop. I tried the Automatic unDRM option and same thing, it doesn't unlock the encrypted file. :P I know the older 1.3 version and it tells me it is IBX version 11. So... This is a Windows XP Sp2 system. Help? How do I get the DRM off of these two clips? Thanks!

BelGarion
Old 4th July 2007, 11:54   #1279  |  Link
mujadeo

yahoo-music-to-go and fu4

Does FU4 remove drm fromn subscription-based music, if you are a current subsciber?
I just want to get tunes on my mp3 player which doesnt play sub-based music.
I tried FU4 heres what it did:

it asked me to open a song.
I did this, then it plays in wmp (11) and FU4 seems to temporarilit lock up.
When I close wmp fu4 then says something about an error 9000.
I've searched through this thread but cant fiond anything on yahoo-music-to-go

Thanks for any help
Old 4th July 2007, 16:54   #1280  |  Link
johnnyquid

@Wilbert

What version should drm2wmv be? I got the key file placed as described but drm2wmv does not appear to do anything. It runs with no error messages but does not produce any files. I have a file with 30208 bytes and 2/4/2005 date. When it runs it says it is version 1.241 by taku.
Closed Thread