Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th December 2017, 21:53   #1  |  Link
jerrycan

4K PGS tools?

Hi. Just curious, does anybody know if any of the tools for creating PGS subs will ever be updated to support 4K, or if there are any new tools in the pipeline?

Thank you.
jerrycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2017, 10:51   #2  |  Link
DenisRodman

According to the BD-ROM 3.0 specification, all graphics are PGS or IG should be 1080p. In the new 4K UHD Blu-ray discs, the subtitles have a resolution of 1080p. You can make subtitles in easySUP or other programs for creating BD subtitles.
DenisRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2017, 00:18   #3  |  Link
jerrycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisRodman View Post
According to the BD-ROM 3.0 specification, all graphics are PGS or IG should be 1080p. In the new 4K UHD Blu-ray discs, the subtitles have a resolution of 1080p. You can make subtitles in easySUP or other programs for creating BD subtitles.
Oh, cool. I'll mux subs into one of my 4K discs and see what happens. Just curious, is that from Sec. 2.2.3.5 of the BDROM white paper here?

EDIT: Muxed in the PGS file from the 2K version of one file to the 4K version. My nightly build of VLC 3.0 RC2 handled it like a champ. So, yeah, I'm happy with easySUP.

Last edited by jerrycan; 23rd December 2017 at 03:54.
jerrycan is offline   Reply With Quote