Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th December 2015, 03:55   #1  |  Link
DJMichaelAngelo

how to extract DTS music CD audio as multi-channel

I bought one of my favorite albums on this format called "Digital Surround" CD, which has the DTS logo on it, and says 20-bit, 5.1 channel audio. I've spent the last hour (no exaggeration!) scouring these forums, Google, and everywhere I can think of, on how to rip the various channels of this audio CD as their own separate .wav files (or FLAC, or mp3, doesn't matter) like Left, Right, Front, Rear, etc.

I've done this before with a movie DVD years ago, extracing the Dolby 5.1 channels separately as their own individual .wav files. But this DTS format has me stumped. Maybe because it's a music CD, not a DVD? I've tried about 3 different programs so far with no luck. I've read the entire internet. Can anybody please tell me if what I'm describing is even possible? I love this album and was SO looking forward to hearing the songs in a new way!
DJMichaelAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, channels, digital surround, dts cd, extract