Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 17th June 2011, 16:31   #1  |  Link
litlgi74

Combine Two Part Blu Rays...

Hello Folks...

Wondering if someone could help me or let me know if this is even possible?

I own The Ten Commandments BluRay... I typically rip all my BDs using Clown BD (HD Video, HD Audio, and English Subs) to my server for playback on my Dune... This method works perfectly for my needs.

I would like to combine the two disc rips to one source... without re encoding the two m2ts files is tsmuxer.

Is it possible to make a new playlist to sequentially play the two BluRay folder structures or m2ts files (made with tsmuxer) that were the product of running ClownBD?

I would really like to end up with one ISO file containing the rips of both discs without re encoding (joining) the individual m2ts files in tsmuxer.

Thanks for your help.
litlgi74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 21:26   #2  |  Link
setarip_old

Hi!

Considering how simply you can accomplish this using tsMuxeR (Use the "JOIN" function), I don't understand why you seem set on NOT using it.

Please explain...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 02:02   #3  |  Link
litlgi74

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Hi!

Considering how simply you can accomplish this using tsMuxeR (Use the "JOIN" function), I don't understand why you seem set on NOT using it.

Please explain...
Thanks so much for replying...

I have tried tsMuxer several times... it always ends up with an AV Sync issue when part two of the movie starts.

I have tried using the "join" feature of tsMuxer using both m2ts and mpls files.

I already have both discs ripped to BD Folder Stucture with the exact features (HD Video, HD Audio, and Subtitles) I want... I was just hoping there was a way I could make a new playlist that would would play two m2ts file sequentially... at least then I would have to deal with the AV Sync problem.

But if there is a better way... I am all ears.

Thanks Again!
Old 18th June 2011, 02:47   #4  |  Link
Capsbackup

You can use multiAVCHD, import both titles, then just select play consecutively, or when the first title ends play the second. There might be a slight hesitation after the first title, but you should have audio sync.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 07:29   #5  |  Link
setarip_old

@litlgi74

1) Load the first M2TS file into tsMuxeR and highlight the first audiostream. Note the audio delay, if any, and then remove (NOT just uncheck) all files from tsMuxeR.

2) Load the second M2TS file into tsMuxeR and highlight the first audiostream. Note the audio delay - and compare to the first. If this (2nd) M2TS shows any delay, try changing it to -0-ms. If that doesn't fix it, try changing it to the same delay as you noted for the first M2TS...
Old 18th June 2011, 14:40   #6  |  Link
litlgi74

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@litlgi74

1) Load the first M2TS file into tsMuxeR and highlight the first audiostream. Note the audio delay, if any, and then remove (NOT just uncheck) all files from tsMuxeR.

2) Load the second M2TS file into tsMuxeR and highlight the first audiostream. Note the audio delay - and compare to the first. If this (2nd) M2TS shows any delay, try changing it to -0-ms. If that doesn't fix it, try changing it to the same delay as you noted for the first M2TS...
Thanks... I did exactly as you said... but both files show a 0 for audio delay....

Now what?
Old 18th June 2011, 14:43   #7  |  Link
litlgi74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
You can use multiAVCHD, import both titles, then just select play consecutively, or when the first title ends play the second. There might be a slight hesitation after the first title, but you should have audio sync.
This seemed to work perfectly... until I tried to play it on my Dune media player... I just get a loading disc screen... but it doesn't start the movie.

I can play the files in the BDMV\Stream folder... but not the ISO file... which would normally work perfectly if I had created the ISO in the last step of ClownBD.

Ideas?
Old 18th June 2011, 20:59   #8  |  Link
setarip_old

Quote:
Thanks... I did exactly as you said... but both files show a 0 for audio delay....
Now what?
Then I can see nothing that would create an out of synch situation if you simply use tsMuxeR to "Join" the two M2TS files - as long as all audio and video settings of both are IDENTICAL...

(I've done this several times in the past)
Old 18th June 2011, 22:39   #9  |  Link
Capsbackup

Is the audio out of sync only for the second file? If so, determine approx. how far out and if it is the same amount for the entire second clip, or does it get gradually worse. If it is the same, then you could try setting the appropriate delay for the second file and see if that brings back audio sync.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 00:54   #10  |  Link
crl2007

Don't use tsmuxer for joining files. It has several lacks at joining files. Use eac3to. eac3to input.file+input.file.2 output.file -options After that make it blu-ray with tsmuxer and use the guides here to replace the mpls and everything so you can have the original menu.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 01:02   #11  |  Link
litlgi74

Thank you all for your help...

I was finally able to get the results I wanted... but with a few more steps than were suggested here... Maybe someone could advise a more streamlined approach???

Because I don't know the code or much about "muxing"... here is what I ended up doing...

1. Make two M2TS files (one from each BluRay) that included the HD Video, Hd Audio, and Subs I required via ClownBD... using only the first two steps (eac3to and tsMuxer)
2. Join the M2TS files (created in step 1) with the join (eac3to) feature of multiAVCHD... this is where the "audio gap" was corrected.
3. Create a BluRay folder structure of the files created in step 2... via tsMuxer.
4. Create ISO with ImgBurn...

Thanks so much for your help... I look forward to hearing any further advice you may have.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:26   #12  |  Link
thewonderer

Hi,

I've been trying to join 2 m2ts files together but when i use multiavchd it does so successfully but when i try to shrink the finalised blu-ray folder, bdtoavcdhd program still see to seperate titles rather than 1... what am i doing wrong?
thewonderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 13:20   #13  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewonderer View Post
what am i doing wrong?
Telling us so little details
Old 27th June 2011, 19:26   #14  |  Link
hello_hello

Maybe it'd be something resembling constructive to tell thewonderer which further details you require in order to solve the problem?
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 23:39   #15  |  Link
thewonderer

Sorry guys, was in a rush and meant to say i followed the steps mentioned above

1. Make two M2TS files (one from each BluRay) that included the HD Video, Hd Audio, and Subs I required via ClownBD... using only the first two steps (eac3to and tsMuxer)
2. Join the M2TS files (created in step 1) with the join (eac3to) feature of multiAVCHD... this is where the "audio gap" was corrected.
3. Create a BluRay folder structure of the files created in step 2... via tsMuxer.

By default it doesn't join the titles together, just creates the files in sequence but when i use BDtoAVCHD it sees 2 titles and not one, even though i've used the join feature in multiavchd and that it.
thewonderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 04:30   #16  |  Link
setarip_old

@thewonderer

Hi!

As I said in an earlier post to this thread, a successful join is only possible:
Quote:
as long as all audio and video settings of both are IDENTICAL...
Old 28th June 2011, 06:12   #17  |  Link
litlgi74

Quote:
I just used this method to join both parts of each of the the LOTR EE BDs...

Glad I took the time to figure this method out...

Quote:
as long as all audio and video settings of both are IDENTICAL...
I am pretty sure the settings were identical... but the join feature of tsMuxer left a significant gap in each of the three films...
Old 28th June 2011, 08:17   #18  |  Link
chompy

Why not just use BDEdit to add the new playitem (your second m2ts) to the existing playlist of your first m2ts (setting Seamless Connection = 5)?
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 02:15   #19  |  Link
litlgi74

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
Why not just use BDEdit to add the new playitem (your second m2ts) to the existing playlist of your first m2ts (setting Seamless Connection = 5)?
Sure... Now you tell me!
Old 29th June 2011, 07:41   #20  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlgi74 View Post
Sure... Now you tell me!
It's quite easy:

I assume you start with 2 working bluray structure folders, then move your second m2ts and its clpi to the first structure (if they have the same name as an existing file, just rename them to something else).

Open both structures with BDEdit (2 instances). Go to Playlist Tab in both, and in the instance of your first m2ts, right click on Playlist area, select edit mode, press Insert and in new line copy the data of your second BDEdit instance (the info from your second m2ts), changing the file name if you have renamed your second m2ts and putting a 5 on Connection Condition.

Then if you like, you could also add the chapters of your second m2ts in PlayListMark.

Greetings

Edit: You also have to do the same with STN table, adding audio and subtitles info there.

Last edited by chompy; 29th June 2011 at 07:44.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote