Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 22nd April 2008, 12:21   #4381  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azad View Post
Since I'm living in Germany too, you mean that I can use eac3to on a 25FPS Pal-DVD AC3 audiotrack with the "-speedup" option to get a nice 25FPS AC3 audiotrack but with the "original" pitch like on 24p BD or HD DVD? That would be great!
Nope. First of all I got it wrong, I meant "-slowdown" and not "-speedup". Furthermore the "-slowdown" option changes the audio runtime from 25fps to 23.976fps. So basically you can use "-slowdown" to make a PAL-DVD AC3 track sync to a HD DVD/BD.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:26   #4382  |  Link
azad

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Nope. First of all I got it wrong, I meant "-slowdown" and not "-speedup". Furthermore the "-slowdown" option changes the audio runtime from 25fps to 23.976fps. So basically you can use "-slowdown" to make a PAL-DVD AC3 track sync to a HD DVD/BD.
"-slowdown" is not the right option in my case, because I don't want to change the framerate since I speed up all my BD's and HD DVD's to 25 frames to match the 50Hz of my Plasma TV. I just would like to change the pitch of some ac3 or dts tracks to match the original pitch with 24fps/23.976fps.
Any ideas?
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:03   #4383  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Sure, use TimeFactory for best quality.
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:26   #4384  |  Link
azad

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Sure, use TimeFactory for best quality.
Ok, using TimeFactory seems to be a lot more work compared to a wonderful "one click tool" like eac3to, although I'm actually using the command line only.

Would it be much work to implement a function like that to eac3to, or would the resulting audiofiles be just of poor quality?
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:28   #4385  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Doing pitch correction is a very complicated thing. TimeFactory has noticably superior quality over all open source solutions, as far as I've been told. So I don't see any sense in adding something to eac3to which is not up to the task.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:25   #4386  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by azad View Post
Ok, using TimeFactory seems to be a lot more work compared to a wonderful "one click tool" like eac3to, although I'm actually using the command line only.

Would it be much work to implement a function like that to eac3to, or would the resulting audiofiles be just of poor quality?
You can try BeHappy ("one click tool") to do this pitch correction and see if is enough quality for you.
Support the ac3 -> ac3 conversion (decoder like -libav, encoder Aften like eac3to) and use the soundtouch libraries with the AviSynth function TimeStretch (you need select 25 -> 23.976, pitch changed preserving tempo).

In my test also TimeFactory have distortion problems by clips.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:52   #4387  |  Link
azad

@tebasuna51
Thanks for the tip! Will try that.
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:24   #4388  |  Link
bsw11

Not quite working yet DTS to 6 wav files

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Oh, i see... it must be 44,1 KHz. eac3to can't output dts in wav container, just read, but Surcode can do it. So he needs mono wavs to feed Surcode manually afterwards:

Code:
eac3to input_dts.wav output.wavs -resampleTo44100
Perhaps the -libav or -nero switch is needed also, if the sonic decoder isn't installed.
I tired this and it decided that the input file has only 2 channels and therefore only outputs 2 wav files L&R.
The file I am inputting from was the output of VOBARATOR - this file plays just fine in zplayer (to SPDIF out to my DTS preamp which play 48k ok) -all 6 DTS channels.
I do not have SONIC, but I do have NERO 7 installed and I tried it with -nero and without and got the same results.
What do I do now? Is there a way of going from the .VOB file to 6 .wavs that can play as normal mono wav files.

The other reason I am trying to do this is because I have collected a lot of DTS content, and have found a large difference in the levels between different tracks. I am hoping to take the .wav files into an audio editor and normalize them before using surcode to put them back to DTS wav files.

Which leads to another question - is there an audio editor that has the ability to just read the dts file and split it up on input?

I appreciate your help on this.

Last edited by bsw11; 22nd April 2008 at 21:21.
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:22   #4389  |  Link
nautilus7

If eac3to outputs 2 channels, but you are certain there are 6 channels, then there is a bug somewhere.

Your original track is a vob file? From dvd? Or dts wav cd? I 'm confused... Anyway can you upload a sample of the original track (dts/vob/wav/whatever) that eac3to decodes as 2 channel?

I don't think there is any audio editor that can edit dts tracks without decoding first.
Old 23rd April 2008, 07:53   #4390  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsw11 View Post
I tired this and it decided that the input file has only 2 channels and therefore only outputs 2 wav files L&R.
The file I am inputting from was the output of VOBARATOR - this file plays just fine in zplayer (to SPDIF out to my DTS preamp which play 48k ok) -all 6 DTS channels.
Try using another decoder. Maybe the Sonic decoder isn't working/installed correctly on your PC. Try "-libav".
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:39   #4391  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsw11 View Post
is there an audio editor that has the ability to just read the dts file and split it up on input?
delaycut, DTStrim...
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:53   #4392  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise13 View Post
delaycut, DTStrim...
I believe he ment to split the channels.
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:32   #4393  |  Link
BLKMGK

Madshi, just converted an M2TS last night, no joined files just a single file. At the end of it I saw no number of frames listed. I know that this gets listed for EVO files and I think I pointed this out earlier and that it got fixed - did it drop back out again? Pretty sure the version is the latest - 2.41. It's not a big deal but the number can be useful. Thanks!
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:36   #4394  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKMGK View Post
Madshi, just converted an M2TS last night, no joined files just a single file. At the end of it I saw no number of frames listed. I know that this gets listed for EVO files and I think I pointed this out earlier and that it got fixed - did it drop back out again? Pretty sure the version is the latest - 2.41. It's not a big deal but the number can be useful. Thanks!
Works for me. Please double check the eac3to version you're using. If it's the latest and the problem is really there, I'd be happy about a small sample.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:11   #4395  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Can someone please explain what is happening here?

Code:
eac3to v2.41
command line: "E:\the hive\software\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "D:\BLADERUNNER_FINAL\BDMV\STREAM\00047.m2ts" "D:\BLADERUNNER_FINAL\br.mkv"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 6 audio tracks, 1:57:36
1: VC-1, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
3: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
4: AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
5: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
6: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
7: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
Extracting primary video track...
Extracting audio track number 2...
Extracting audio track number 3...
Extracting audio track number 4...
Extracting audio track number 5...
Extracting audio track number 6...
Extracting audio track number 7...
Extracting TrueHD stream...
[libav] Stream parameters not seen; skipping frame
The libav decoder output an unexpected bitdepth (1).
Aborted at file position 32768.
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:15   #4396  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
Can someone please explain what is happening here?

Code:
eac3to v2.41
command line: "E:\the hive\software\eac3to\eac3to.exe"
I guess that a virus got on the loose in the hive and damaged your rip. I'd suggest flying Milla in quickly. Maybe she can also give you a hand with reripping the movie...
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:27   #4397  |  Link
saint-francis
too much lurking

Who's Milla? I don't think I need to rerip it since -demux works.

Oh ok I get it. Milla, yes I see.
Still do you think it's a bad rip even though I can successfully demux it?
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:43   #4398  |  Link
Chouonsoku

I just got Resident Evil: Extinction and I'm getting all kinds of odd errors with eac3to 2.41. First I demuxed the main movie with BD Demuxer Pro and tried to convert the PiP audio from DD+ to AC3.

Quote:
F:\Video\Movies\RESIDENT_EVIL_3\demux>"E:\Tools\HD\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "F:\Video\Movies\RESIDENT_EVIL_3\demux\00011_2_01.eac3" "F:\Video\Movies\RESIDENT_EVIL_3\demux\00011_2_01.ac3"
E-AC3, 1.0 channels, 1:34:06, 96kbit/s, 48khz
Decoding with DirectShow (Nero Audio Decoder 2)...
Disabling DRC for Nero (E-)AC3 decoding...
Aborted at file position 67747968.
Then I thought maybe BD Demuxer Pro just messed up the demux, so I decided to remux the m2ts file directly with eac3to and got a similar error.

Quote:
E:\Tools\HD\eac3to>eac3to.exe "F:\Video\Movies\RESIDENT_EVIL_3\BDMV\STREAM\00011.m2ts" "F:\Video\Movies\RESIDENT_EVIL_3\demux\re3.mkv"
M2TS, 2 video tracks, 6 audio tracks, 1:34:06
1: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
2: h264/AVC, 480p24 /1.001 (20:11)
3: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz
4: TrueHD/AC3, French, 5.1 channels, 48khz
5: AC3, Spanish, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz
6: AC3, Portuguese, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -30dB
7: AC3, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -29dB
8: E-AC3, English, 1.0 channels, 96kbit/s, 48khz
Extracting audio track number 3...
Extracting audio track number 4...
Extracting primary video track...
Extracting audio track number 5...
Extracting audio track number 6...
Extracting audio track number 7...
Extracting audio track number 8...
Aborted at file position 16384.
I've uploaded the DD+ stream as it's only 38.3 MB rared. - http://www.mediafire.com/?whzbcyyxjgn

Last edited by Chouonsoku; 23rd April 2008 at 17:47.
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:27   #4399  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint-francis View Post
Still do you think it's a bad rip even though I can successfully demux it?
It seems that eac3to is happy with the TrueHD track, but the libav decoder is not. I've never seen that "[libav] Stream parameters not seen; skipping frame" complaint before yet. Funnily now both you and Chouonsoku seem to have this problem within a few minutes of each other - with different movies! Strange...

Hmmmmm... Did you download eac3to from my homepage? Did you replace some dlls? If not, I can only guess that it's a bad rip. Or that the TrueHD decoder suddenly stopped working. Or maybe there's a new bug in v2.41?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
I just got Resident Evil: Extinction and I'm getting all kinds of odd errors with eac3to 2.41. First I demuxed the main movie with BD Demuxer Pro and tried to convert the PiP audio from DD+ to AC3.
Try "eac3to -test" to check whether the Nero decoder works correctly on your PC. You can also try using the "-libav" switch to force eac3to to use the libav decoder instead of the Nero decoder for the DD+ decoding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
Then I thought maybe BD Demuxer Pro just messed up the demux, so I decided to remux the m2ts file directly with eac3to and got a similar error.

I've uploaded the DD+ stream as it's only 38.3 MB rared. - http://www.mediafire.com/?whzbcyyxjgn
This "directly with eac3to" problem is not caused by the DD+ stream, but by the TrueHD stream. So the DD+ sample doesn't help me.
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:13   #4400  |  Link
Chouonsoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
It seems that eac3to is happy with the TrueHD track, but the libav decoder is not. I've never seen that "[libav] Stream parameters not seen; skipping frame" complaint before yet. Funnily now both you and Chouonsoku seem to have this problem within a few minutes of each other - with different movies! Strange...

Hmmmmm... Did you download eac3to from my homepage? Did you replace some dlls? If not, I can only guess that it's a bad rip. Or that the TrueHD decoder suddenly stopped working. Or maybe there's a new bug in v2.41?
Well, I decoded TrueHD tracks from the other RE movies just days earlier when I was using 2.40. I just updated today to 2.41 because of the EAC3 error. Nothing else has changed in my setup.

Quote:
Try "eac3to -test" to check whether the Nero decoder works correctly on your PC. You can also try using the "-libav" switch to force eac3to to use the libav decoder instead of the Nero decoder for the DD+ decoding.
I ran the test and it turns out that Nero Audio Decoder isn't working properly, which is odd. I'll uninstall and reinstall Nero 7 and see if that helps.

Quote:
This "directly with eac3to" problem is not caused by the DD+ stream, but by the TrueHD stream. So the DD+ sample doesn't help me.
That stream was included in case it turned out that it was a problem with the EAC3 decoding, not the remuxing. :P But it seems it wasn't a problem either way.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to