Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 24th April 2012, 22:54   #11021  |  Link
ChrisBirkett

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
My electrical bill is trivial. My computer doesn't consume much more than a 150 - 200W light bulb. I leave it on 24/7. I'm a firm believer that hot cold hot cold hot cold is not good for electrical components. A light bulb for instance would likely last longer if left on. Obviously this isn't practical in most situations Engines are the same way. They prefer to run.
I would 100% agree with you - if having my desktop on at night didn't sound like having my ears vacuum cleaned. Small exaggeration I'd be interested to hear if Atak thinks standby-on-finish might be a useful feature for a future release.
ChrisBirkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 00:37   #11022  |  Link
ShogoXT

So just to recheck a few things:

Ripbot is just so well done all around I cant see myself using other GUIs for various reasons, but if I wanted multi stream audio I would have to get some kind of remuxer right?

As well for console compatibility I will need to use mp4 container with AAC audio right? Thats fine with me, but I noticed there is no simple way to convert subs from bluray to mp4 without having to recheck each line for spelling errors. Oh well that one isnt important as im more interested in multi audio.

If im using mp4 I cannot use mkvtoolnix right? What muxer would work for mp4? As well is there a way to make ripbot do just audio without me having to stop it? Or is there a easier and more consistent way I can encode audio like ripbot does and add it to the mp4 along side the normal audio stream. (It would most likely be commentary).

Thanks for your hard work.
ShogoXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 02:11   #11023  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

@ShogoXT
What type of console are you referring to?
flebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 00:38   #11024  |  Link
rc71

Can you have ripbot text me when it's done? I just want to know for no freaken reason what so ever!!!
rc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 21:12   #11025  |  Link
soneca

RipBot264 v1.17.1
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 01:28   #11026  |  Link
howzz

i have a quick question to the arthur in regard to CQ. what's the equivalent CQ value to a 2-pass 10Mbps encode setting. i hate waiting for the 1st pass in two pass encode. and i would like to achieve roughly the same quality as 10Mbps 2pass encode with CQ.

thanks so much for this awesome software
howzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 04:51   #11027  |  Link
jandor

RipBot264 v1.17.1....!!!

Thanks!
jandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 05:10   #11028  |  Link
coreying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBirkett View Post
Hey Atak_Snajpera, just wanted to quickly say thank you so much for the great work on RipBot264. I'm a huge fan!

I just have one question - is it possible to stop Windows (7 x64 Professional SP1) from going to sleep while it is running? I like it to sleep when it has finished, so ideally RipBot would prevent sleep while it was running, and then when it was finished Windows would sleep after the timeout set in Power Options. As an alternative, Windows sleep could be disabled and there could be a Sleep when finished checkbox next to the Shutdown when finished checkbox. Either would be awesome

Once again thank you very much for this great app, you're awesome. Donation on its way
I too would like to second this.

I registered here a few weeks ago to search this thread for "Sleep", and there have been numerous requests to have a "sleep when finished" option in addition to the "shutdown when finished" option. Other forum members have dismisssed this saying that windows already has a sleep timer which fulfills this requirement.

But those members must not understand that Windows sleep timers are based on User inactivity and not program inactivity.

Programs which spend long periods of time doing work without user activity (encoding software, media players etc) need to tell Windows not to sleep, and RipBot does not do this. Thus, as several people have pointed out now, if you've got your computer set to sleep in 15 minutes, the computer goes to sleep 15 minutes after you've clicked "Start" in Ripbot and walked away...

I personally do not mind which method is added to RipBot - whether it's the "sleep when finished" option, or whether RipBot starts telling Windows "not to sleep" until all the jobs in the queue have finished. Either way, I believe RipBot would be all the better for it if Atak_Snajpera could add one or the other - especially in this day and age of rising energy costs and various countries introducing "carbon taxes" etc.

Other than this missing feature, I'd like to say a huge thanks to Atak_Snajpera for all your work with RipBot, it's truly an excellent program. I'm especially excited to see that it's just been updated today and includes distributed encoding for MKVs now too.

Cheers
coreying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 07:41   #11029  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

your comment regarding not blocking sleep mode is no longer valid

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 28th April 2012 at 07:43.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 08:36   #11030  |  Link
flebber
Practising Schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Sweet as! Thanks.
flebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 10:48   #11031  |  Link
ChrisBirkett

Quote:
Amazing, thanks so much Atak_Snajpera!
ChrisBirkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 12:04   #11032  |  Link
coreying

Quote:
Awesome! Glad to see it's part of v1.17.1 that was released yesterday.

Thanks heaps for your great work.
coreying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 13:31   #11033  |  Link
mattmc97

Error with subtitles

So I have a movie I ripped a while back with DvdFab and I did not rip the subtitles as I never use them.

All my VOB files are sitting in the Video_TS folder.

I unzipped Ripbot v1.17.1 to a directory and then ran it with Admin privs (Win 7 Pro).

I start the process and it combines the VOBs fine, then it indexes the video, it then starts to demux subtitles.

At this point I get an error:

"C:\Temp\Ripbot264Temp\job1\subtitles.idx. The system cannot find the specified file"

I first tried setting setting ConvertSUPtoSUB=0 and then commenting it out, but get the same error with two movies (previously ripped with DvdFab) on multiple attempts.

I will probably never use subtitles, can I just disable this part or is there just a file / program I need to add?

Did a search on the forums and google and could not find anyone else reporting the same error.

Thanks!
mattmc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 14:24   #11034  |  Link
Paddy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmc97 View Post
I start the process and it combines the VOBs fine, then it indexes the video, it then starts to demux subtitles.

At this point I get an error:

"C:\Temp\Ripbot264Temp\job1\subtitles.idx. The system cannot find the specified file"
I got the same error on a DVD that never had subtitles in the first place. Got around it by turning the DVD to MKV and then running the latest ripbot on it.
Paddy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 15:38   #11035  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

update SeparateDVDsubs.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/?ezl5mucjmaklrka

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 28th April 2012 at 15:50.
Old 28th April 2012, 15:53   #11036  |  Link
mattmc97

Quote:
i really don't understand why you have to damage original dvd structure? how many mb can you save? probably not many.
I guess I was just thinking of it more practically. DVDFab show a check mark next to subtitles, and since I never use them, I figure why have them there? I guess it is text and size may be negligible, but they are already gone at this point.

So is there any way to put a dummy file in there or bypass the subtitles?

I would think so as the file structure of the tools directory seems that you are chaining many different programs together to create the MP4 file.

UPDATE: The updated SeparateDVDsubs seemed to fix it, I am all the way to the first pass now. THANKS!

Last edited by mattmc97; 28th April 2012 at 16:11.
mattmc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 02:47   #11037  |  Link
Zorro70

Hi atak, i think i already know the answer to this but here goes.

i have a linux server i rent online, is it possible to use that in distributed encoding, or does it have to have windows on it??

like i say im sure it does as ive already tried it, and it didnt work :-(

shame

Last edited by Zorro70; 29th April 2012 at 03:31.
Zorro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 08:47   #11038  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

user shrekage might have more experience in that matter. also using de mode via internet will require good connection speed. at least 25mbps (upload) for just one remote server.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 29th April 2012 at 08:49.
Old 29th April 2012, 14:53   #11039  |  Link
rc71

The newest version look interesting. Can't wait to try the 10bit option. Thanks.

-- Update --
Bug Report.

When loading up a DVD to encode, I get a Subtitle.idx file can not be located error and then Ripbot just sits there "Demuxing Subtitles" The exact files doesn't give this problem with the previous version. I personally don't care about subtitles. Just FYI.

It's doing it on all my DVD encodes.

SeperateDVDsubs
Cannot open file "C:\temp......\job1\subtitiles.idx." The system cannont find the file specified.

Any Suggestions????

Last edited by rc71; 29th April 2012 at 20:27.
Old 29th April 2012, 23:13   #11040  |  Link
rc71

@Atak_Snajpera
I didn't know you worked on MediaInfo. I love that program.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360