Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd March 2009, 04:27   #1  |  Link
badmonkey

AviSynth serving from Premiere CS4 -> x264

Have spent a while now trying to figure if this is currently do-able; the AviSynth plug-ins I can find mention only outdated versions and links to files now gone. The AviSynth homepage gives no sensible results for a search on 'Premiere'.

In another thread, Debugmode FrameServer was suggested as an intermediary, but it appears to not work in Premiere CS4.

This leaves me stuck with a 1080p AVCHD project in Premiere, for which it appears the only practical option for H.264 output is to use the included MainConcept encoder. I wanted to use x264 via MeGUI instead.

Anyone got any further input, anything I've missed...?
badmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 04:57   #2  |  Link
Corran

Do you have enough disk space to export your project losslessly via lagarith or HuffYUV? Obviously not a frameserving solution, however you would then be able to open the resulting file via AviSynth.
Corran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 06:16   #3  |  Link
badmonkey

LOL what's a typical bitrate for HuffYUV @ 1080p25?

Disk space: maybe. But it's another process that probably means the single step MainConcept encode is the preferable option. (?)
Old 22nd March 2009, 16:37   #4  |  Link
poisondeathray

Although not officially supported by the x264 devs, another option is to use x264vfw which shows up on the export settings.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 10:27   #5  |  Link
badmonkey

I tried x264vfw, on the default settings it produced a garbled video - terrible corruption on playback, and Yamb / MP4Box refused to recognize the AVI as containing any AVC. Hmmph.
Old 23rd March 2009, 15:41   #6  |  Link
um3k

I wonder how difficult it would be to write a x264 export plugin for Premiere Pro CS4?
um3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:29   #7  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmonkey View Post
I tried x264vfw, on the default settings it produced a garbled video - terrible corruption on playback, and Yamb / MP4Box refused to recognize the AVI as containing any AVC. Hmmph.
I did some testing a while back on x264vfw and cs4/adobe media encoder "for fun". Personally , I use lossless on export. I'd prefer to use debugmode with x264 , but no cs4 version

It is a bit buggy and doesn't work 100% of the time, but it works most of the time with the new version. Keep the main Premiere app open with the Adobe Media Encoder while encoding.

Yep, the defaults settings are crappy, but you can just use the same settings as you would with CLI version. Are you using the recent x264vfw versions?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=213809

Yamb, mkvmergegui both recognize the avc in avi for me, no corruption in either containers.

Also beware of possible quality loss from colorspace conversions, luminace & levels changes depending on what your input & output formats are. e.g. it handles avs import differently than lagarith or ffd huffyuv. Adobe media encoder does some weird behaviour in my testing. Do some tests with a belle nuit chart and some sample formats, unless you're don't care about the changes.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:39   #8  |  Link
DiKey
Videomaker

DebugMode Frameserver is now up to date and supports CS4!
http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/newin27.php
DiKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 01:50   #9  |  Link
Undead Sega

Hi guys, sorry for bringing somehting old here, but I have upgraded to CS5 and thankfully Debugmode Frameserver now supports the latest NLE which I am quite happy about (all this time I have been editing on Premiere CS3). However, I have a small problem, everytime I export and create a serve file or a 'signpost' file and I import that to virtualdub (or even in playback) I find that my interlaced footage (50i) is rendering at 25p.

I am very confused with this, I have checked everything (i.e. my sequence settings and export settings and even the footage) which are set fine but yet I am not getting an original feed from the timeline. Does anyone know what could very well be the cause of all this?
Undead Sega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 22:51   #10  |  Link
Undead Sega

anyone at all may i ask?
Old 21st April 2011, 01:20   #11  |  Link
Undead Sega

Anyone?

I'm still having trouble, I'm pretty sure there is nothing that is forcing it to deinterlace, even on the script itself if I have it loaded in Avisynth.

I would really appreciate it guys if anyone can help me out here, I dont know what could be causing this.

Tags
avisynth, cs4, premiere