Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd April 2014, 18:47   #20081  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
ya could always make the app window a bit bigger
Yeah. But I don't want to populate a huge window with options that are rarely used -- when there are others more important. If I added everything to that window -- it would require two monitors to see them.

If someone likes to disable the loop... they just have to set it in the INI and forget it. How often do you think someone with that preference is going to change it? So why have it taking up space in an area that is meant for common SETUP changes?
Old 23rd April 2014, 19:07   #20082  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yeah. But I don't want to populate a huge window with options that are rarely used -- when there are others more important. If I added everything to that window -- it would require two monitors to see them.

If someone likes to disable the loop... they just have to set it in the INI and forget it. How often do you think someone with that preference is going to change it? So why have it taking up space in an area that is meant for common SETUP changes?
I don't have a problem with the removal but whenever you release a new version, I just blow away the old directory and copy the one from the zip to replace it. Unless I remember to copy the ini from the old dir before I delete it, I have to recreate it with my changes...this is just one more thing to manually update the ini with.
CV91913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:45   #20083  |  Link
soneca

Jdobbs, thanks for the new version!
Forgot the forced subtitles in quick-play mode?
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:48   #20084  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneca View Post
Jdobbs, thanks for the new version!
Forgot the forced subtitles in quick-play mode?
No. It's just not as easy as first thought.
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:49   #20085  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylock View Post
@jdobbs

Updating my speed tests:

When applying the right settings, Encoding 2D with frim goes flawessly to the end both in SW an HW. no more error.
Getting 150+ fps in HW encoding, but having encode issues: Video plays jerky and when looking more precisely to the stream frame by frame, every 24 frame the picture is garbled...;(
In SW, the backup is fine...but 15 fps

Maybe I'm experiencing a hardware trouble regarding HD4600 graphic GPU since HW encode is broken both in 3D and 2D. I will try removing the NVIDIA card and physically plug the display to the Intel GPU to see if it changes the render.
Interesting that it happens every 24 frames -- since that is the GOP size.
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:52   #20086  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
No. It's just not as easy as first thought.
Ok
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 22:33   #20087  |  Link
mparade

Monsters, inc - 480i

Is it possible, when using SmoothDeinterlace on a soft-telecined 480i source with the IVTC check box unchecked in the setup dialoge, that the result of the encode will be inverse telecined finally? It seems so, because the playback of the resulted m2ts in powerdvd 14 was so stuttering (due to codec "issues" of the player) as if it was one of my inverse telecined results of the past. With the other deinterlacers available I have no such an issue on a soft telecined source.

Please find enclosed my BDREBUILDER.INI.

Thank you for the help in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BDREBUILDER.zip (918 Bytes, 44 views)
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 23:17   #20088  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
Is it possible, when using SmoothDeinterlace on a soft-telecined 480i source with the IVTC check box unchecked in the setup dialoge, that the result of the encode will be inverse telecined finally? It seems so, because the playback of the resulted m2ts in powerdvd 14 was so stuttering (due to codec "issues" of the player) as if it was one of my inverse telecined results of the past. With the other deinterlacers available I have no such an issue on a soft telecined source.

Please find enclosed my BDREBUILDER.INI.

Thank you for the help in advance!
That's not very likely. I notice that you have LAVF selected. It should be noted that LAVF is bypassed on a telecined source. So you should be able to look at the appropriate .AVS file and see what actions are actually taken.
Old 23rd April 2014, 23:53   #20089  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
That's not very likely. I notice that you have LAVF selected. It should be noted that LAVF is bypassed on a telecined source. So you should be able to look at the appropriate .AVS file and see what actions are actually taken.
Please check my avs regarding the issue above. I have checked it also, but nothing seems unproper to me in the avs. Unfortunately, the result is stalling so much in Powerdvd as it were inverse telecined. I hope you can recommend something to find the reason.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VID_00032.zip (458 Bytes, 27 views)
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 02:32   #20090  |  Link
jdobbs

Nope. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 24th April 2014, 02:50   #20091  |  Link
Capsbackup

Just completed a full disc backup to BD5 of the Blu-ray Walking With Dinosaurs. This is a multi-m2ts disc type Blu-ray. (5 m2ts's for the main movie)
I chose to keep only 2 of the 11 subtitle tracks for the main movie, blanking 3 to 11. When I check the "WORKFILES" folder, only the first m2ts file of the movies .mpls file has the subtitles blanked, represented by a 1KB .sup file for the blanked ones. But when I check the other 4 m2ts files that are part of the main movie, they all have their .sup files with sizes ranging from 500KB up to 32,712KB.
So it appears BD-RB is not blanking all the .sup files for each .m2ts files associated with a given .mpls file.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 09:04   #20092  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
Me too! I hate it when I forget to suppress the looping behavior. Do most people WANT it to loop at the end of a movie?
Some people do..which I'm sure is why he has it as part of the program. I've appreciated it being there. It's not only good for movies but also videos of various kinds. Like..to prank people with from personal videos. Consider...looping videos of Waterfall sounds and more. Lots of possibilities other than commercial movies.
Old 24th April 2014, 11:36   #20093  |  Link
RobertM

I agree that some people would want it to loop, especially for promo/marketing stuff. But for the average user, wanting to simply pare down a BD disc to just the movie itself, I would imagine that they just want to watch the movie once at a time.

It's not a big deal; I'll just have to remember to reset that in the ini with each new version. I'm just surprised that the default is ON, not OFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Some people do..which I'm sure is why he has it as part of the program. I've appreciated it being there. It's not only good for movies but also videos of various kinds. Like..to prank people with from personal videos. Consider...looping videos of Waterfall sounds and more. Lots of possibilities other than commercial movies.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 13:54   #20094  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
I agree that some people would want it to loop, especially for promo/marketing stuff. But for the average user, wanting to simply pare down a BD disc to just the movie itself, I would imagine that they just want to watch the movie once at a time.

It's not a big deal; I'll just have to remember to reset that in the ini with each new version. I'm just surprised that the default is ON, not OFF.
You've always had to do that. Nothing has changed. So I don't even see the point of this discussion at all... the only difference is that I removed it from SETUP dialog. The MOVIE_ONLY_LOOP setting in the INI is no different than it ever has been.

The reason looping is the default is because it is the default in TSMUXER (and always has been). BD-RB has to make changes to the TSMUXER output (in the MovieObject.bdmv file) in order to stop it. That ability to stop it is a feature I added to BD-RB (a look at the changelog shows it added in July of 2010).

I've found it easiest to simply keep your old INI file than to go back through the settings and hidden opts with every version. Since the INI isn't included in the new-release ZIP, you can simply extract the ZIP into the same folder as the older version -- and overwrite the contents. Your settings will remain unchanged.

I've edited my INI into a structured format, keeping similar settings together, so I can easily find them for testing. It contains every possible hidden and SETUP-controlled setting. So I certainly don't want to have to edit it every time I make a new release.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th April 2014 at 14:10.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 16:50   #20095  |  Link
jdobbs

Well, I haven't gotten much feedback on the use of FRIMEncode for 2D (other than Shylock, and it isn't working for him). Since it appears to have no useful purpose I guess I'll remove it from the next release. There's no sense complicating the interface with a feature that nobody cares about.
Old 24th April 2014, 18:08   #20096  |  Link
Chuckwagon

Quote:
Well, I haven't gotten much feedback on the use of FRIMEncode for 2D (other than Shylock, and it isn't working for him). Since it appears to have no useful purpose I guess I'll remove it from the next release. There's no sense complicating the interface with a feature that nobody cares about.
I would test it and give input, but my CPU doesn't support it. I could try setting up another system that has a CPU that does support it, and then test some configs. But I'm not sure what settings to match to make the comparison a good apples to apples test. If you want me to try, I'm game.

Maybe as more CPUs that support it come online more users will have some interest, and then it might be worth a good long look.

Cheers.
Chuckwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 18:29   #20097  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckwagon View Post
I would test it and give input, but my CPU doesn't support it. I could try setting up another system that has a CPU that does support it, and then test some configs. But I'm not sure what settings to match to make the comparison a good apples to apples test. If you want me to try, I'm game.

Maybe as more CPUs that support it come online more users will have some interest, and then it might be worth a good long look.

Cheers.
I wouldn't go to all that trouble. I had assumed there were more people using it -- that appears to not be the case.

No big deal.
Old 24th April 2014, 19:23   #20098  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

i'm fine with the default. x264's quality is more than good enough. As the saying goes, "don't fix it if it aint broken". I only need frim when dualbootin into w7 for 3D encodes.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 19:40   #20099  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
i'm fine with the default. x264's quality is more than good enough. As the saying goes, "don't fix it if it aint broken". I only need frim when dualbootin into w7 for 3D encodes.
Yeah, I was kinda' thinking that the speeds reported with Quick-Sync were going to knock my socks off and might make it worth picking up an i5 or i7 computer. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead it appears the Intel SDK isn't even stable when HW mode is selected.

It's the only choice for MVC though.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th April 2014 at 19:42.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2014, 20:14   #20100  |  Link
Yordan5

Tried a 2D back up using FRIM. With QuickSync the framerate hovered around 200 fps however, when playing the resulting backup the movie picture kept twiching every few seconds throughout the movie. I had similar results with 3D back up using QuickSync (InMux enabled) - the back up was heavily pixelated.

[04/24/14] BD Rebuilder v0.47.05 (beta)
[19:37:21] Source: HUNGER_GAMES_2_CATCHING_FIRE_00000
- Input BD size: 20.16 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:27:31.808]
- Target BD size: 4.36 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Quality: Highest (Very Slow), ABR
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=448
- Resuming from previously started job.
[19:37:26] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:37:26] Processing: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [19:37:26] Reencoding video [VID_00000]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 212,231 frames
- Bitrate: 3,408 Kbs
- Using FRIMEncoder for AVC encoding
- [19:37:26] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 1
- [19:59:24] Video Encode complete
- [19:59:24] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
[20:00:29]PHASE ONE complete
[20:00:29]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [20:00:29] Rebuilding AVCHD file Structure
[20:01:40] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[20:01:40] JOB: HUNGER_GAMES_2_CATCHING_FIRE finished.

[Status]
LABEL=HUNGER_GAMES_2_CATCHING_FIRE
VERSION=v0.47.05 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=21650927616
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=21650927616
TARGET_SIZE=4686086144
REDUCTION=.216438123442664
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=0
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
BACKUP_MODE=1
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=0
USE_LAVF=0
INSTANCES=1
DGDECNV=0
DGDECIM=0
FRIMSOURCE=0
SSIF_MODE=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=0
REBUILD_COMPLETE=1
COMPLETED=1
[00000]
AUDIO=1
PGS=1
APULLDOWN=0
S1440=0
VIDEO2=0
V2MBRATE=0
M2TS_TARGET=4686086144
RATE=3408
NSIZE=0
FLINK=0
MLINK=0

Last edited by Yordan5; 24th April 2014 at 21:28.
Yordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote