Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 13th January 2007, 15:06   #721  |  Link
zeroprobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
Who mentioned this and where?
So far in this topic I have only read people mentioning finding keys in memory using WinDVD.
wasn't on a forum. Someone mentioned they had found one so I presume he's right.

Last edited by zeroprobe; 13th January 2007 at 15:09.
zeroprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 15:54   #722  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

Once a movie is on your HD a few questions since I can be thick.
Do you need to use PowerDVD 6.5 or will any HD capable player play the movie?
Do you need to run anything other then the player or is the movie completely decrypted already?

I just get the impression that you still need to use the keys even after copying with the keys?

I have a HTPC and I copy my most watched movies that I own onto the HD so I can just click to watch and would like to continue this way with HD-DVD.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 13th January 2007, 18:03   #723  |  Link
MrDVD

Anyone know it the X360 HD-DVD is recognized by linux so that its possible to run the java soft under it ?
MrDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 18:57   #724  |  Link
noclip

In case you're having trouble finding the keys, search for the second occurrence of
Code:
file:///required/
and scroll down until you see something in the sea of 00s, that's the TK block. Scroll down some more and the VK will be there.
noclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 19:43   #725  |  Link
moshmothma

Could someone please tell me how they are handling the .map files? They are not being copied during the backup process. Is everyone just copying files from the disc to the their backup folders? Thanks
moshmothma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 20:02   #726  |  Link
LordSloth

Now that the key memory locations are easily determinable, we need to figure out how the Volume Unique Key derived from the Volume ID and whatever other parts that may go into it.

If we can figure out that algorithm we can start work on making a Linux HD-DVD (possibly even BluRay) player that can play all our discs!

I don't have much use for backing up my discs (I tend to take good care of them) and making an open source Linux HD-DVD/BD player is only reason I care about working on any of this.

Hope we can get some smart people to help out in this. I guess this should be a separate thread.

~Cheers!
LordSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 20:13   #727  |  Link
Bystander

I just tried WinDVD HD. Seems I can't get Olly to get past an error... " Don't know how to bypass command at address 00FBCE2A. Try to change EIP or pass the exception to the program". I tried adding the exception in the debugging options and no go.

Which brings me to my next question. If you are not using a debugger when dumping memory with WinHex, at what point do you inspect the memory? do you pause or stop the movie?

Then for Winhex, you can select WinDVD but what exactly do you click on to search? I find only one instance of VPLST000.XPL and no keys are present.

The version of WinDVD I am using is: 7.5 B42.052 in the information tab
Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 20:21   #728  |  Link
Eeknay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSloth View Post
Now that the key memory locations are easily determinable, we need to figure out how the Volume Unique Key derived from the Volume ID and whatever other parts that may go into it.

If we can figure out that algorithm we can start work on making a Linux HD-DVD (possibly even BluRay) player that can play all our discs!

I don't have much use for backing up my discs (I tend to take good care of them) and making an open source Linux HD-DVD/BD player is only reason I care about working on any of this.

Hope we can get some smart people to help out in this. I guess this should be a separate thread.

~Cheers!
Take a look at a few Warner discs (i.e. original Superman, V for Vendetta) if you could... I tried but couldn't find the key (or at least a working volume one) for either of those (Superman II just crashes).
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 00:05   #729  |  Link
cyberpass

Here is my worry...AACS refuse to license any software player...Is there anyway to dump the memory of a hardware player? I remember during the days of direct tv hacking, hardware memory dumps will flying everywhere....
cyberpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 00:43   #730  |  Link
DanITman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpass View Post
Here is my worry...AACS refuse to license any software player...Is there anyway to dump the memory of a hardware player? I remember during the days of direct tv hacking, hardware memory dumps will flying everywhere....
Yes, there is a good possibility that people will figureout how to extract keys from actual hardware players. This how DeCSS original became what it is today.

In regards to no software players, this will never happen. The first company that people does this will lose the format war.
DanITman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 01:15   #731  |  Link
xyz987

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp12 View Post
emule or torrents probably only way, and it would be not
organized and some people would just include random numbers
for keys just to waste your time.
Key poisoning is not a big problem. Any key collector can sign the file that stores his/her keys collection. Of course, a key collector can get keys from files from other key collectors he/she trusts.
xyz987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 01:51   #732  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

Good morning/evening all.

May I ask members who have questions that are off this topic to start their own threads please?

I will move various posts to new threads in the meantime.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 02:41   #733  |  Link
Mistar Muffin

I successfully ripped the entirety of King Kong to my drive with the volume key supplied in this thread. I do not have an HD copy of WinDVD, as I do not want to buy the jap copy. I do have the HD ver of Power DVD 6.5, and I can play everything except the feature film in it just fine. On Vista Ultimate x86, I can play the universal logo and various menu files after they are ripped, but attempting to play the FEATURE_1/2.evos causes PDVD to crash. Same goes on an XP Pro box with entirely different hardware. What I found interesting is that the Vista box I am on now only has a 3.0ghz P4 and 1024mb PC3200 and a meager Geforce 5200, and plays back on a 1280x1024 monitor without hiccups. Pretty sweet, but I wish I could get the feature to play.

Also, anyone successfully gotten a key from PowerDVD?
Old 14th January 2007, 03:40   #734  |  Link
noclip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistar Muffin View Post
Also, anyone successfully gotten a key from PowerDVD?
The title key for whatever title is playing is in memory in PowerDVD, but no volume key.
noclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 03:59   #735  |  Link
jokin
Dwight Schrute's homeboy

I usually find the keys just above CONTENT_REVOCATION_LIST.AACS for World Trade Center and Batman Begins.
jokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 04:36   #736  |  Link
Jerky_san

To people wondering about PowerDVD last night when the keys first started appearing Janvitos spoke about finding keys in powerDVD but I believe he mentioned it was a little bit harder at first but he then discovered the 13 monkey key in PowerDVD hopefully he will come back soon and tell about the experience but I'm fairly certain he said he was able to find keys in powerdvd..
Jerky_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 04:57   #737  |  Link
Ábudos
Suspended for forum rule violations

To the people who origionaly found the Volume Unique Keys and title keys:

How did you find them for the first time? Was there some logic behind it, or did you just grab 16 bytes that looked conveniently placed and get lucky?
Ábudos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 05:03   #738  |  Link
Jerky_san

<Janvitos> simply do a text search for VPLST000.XPL
<Janvitos> and after a couple of instances
<Janvitos> all the title keys are there
<Janvitos> and below
<Janvitos> after some few 0s
<Janvitos> will be the volume unique key
<Janvitos> easily recognisable

thats what Janvitos said yesterday when explaining how he found them..
Jerky_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 05:09   #739  |  Link
Ábudos
Suspended for forum rule violations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky_san View Post
<Janvitos> simply do a text search for VPLST000.XPL
<Janvitos> and after a couple of instances
<Janvitos> all the title keys are there
<Janvitos> and below
<Janvitos> after some few 0s
<Janvitos> will be the volume unique key
<Janvitos> easily recognisable

thats what Janvitos said yesterday when explaining how he found them..
Yes... That's how he said to find where they are located.

That's not how he found them in the first place.
Ábudos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 06:23   #740  |  Link
OverlordQ

http://rapidshare.com/files/11616301/BackupHDDVD.rar

2 'requested' features added:

1) Will report the calculated Disc Hash
2) If Hash not found in key file, will add it after prompting for the name of the movie.

Given I don't have neither HDDVD Drive nor any HD Movies, I'll need bug reports from somebody on if these work or not

Also, this was compiled against Java 5.0 so if it gives errors, try:

http://rapidshare.com/files/11615854/BackupHDDVD.rar which was compiled as 1.4 compat.

Last edited by OverlordQ; 14th January 2007 at 06:32.
OverlordQ is offline   Reply With Quote