Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14th May 2009, 00:07   #361  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Sure that Java is installed correctly?
Try this to check.

If a JRE 1.6 is installed then most probably the JAR extension was associated to another application. But it looks like Java is not installed correctly.
0xdeadbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 00:08   #362  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
Sure that Java is installed correctly?
Try this to check.

If a JRE 1.6 is installed then most probably the JAR extension was associated to another application. But it looks like Java is not installed correctly.

Yea, it was associated with my Nokia Application s/w
Arshad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 00:19   #363  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

This should work if you replace "your path" with your installation path for BDSup2Sub.
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar "your path\BDSup2Sub.jar"
Anyway, something went wrong with your Java installation as neither the PATH nor the association seems to be set up correctly.
Maybe you should consider deinstalling Java and reinstalling JRE 6 from here.
Old 14th May 2009, 00:24   #364  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Quote:
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar "your path\BDSup2Sub.jar"
Yea this works. Thanks. But should I do this everytime i need to open BDSup2Sub?
Old 14th May 2009, 00:25   #365  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Quote:
Maybe you should consider deinstalling Java and reinstalling JRE 6 from here.
which one to download?
Old 14th May 2009, 00:31   #366  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshad07 View Post
Yea this works. Thanks. But should I do this everytime i need to open BDSup2Sub?
Well, you could create a Desktop link. Or you could repair the file association for JAR manually. Or you could reinstall Java.

Quote:
which one to download?
JRE 6 Update 13 (it's somewhat in the middle)
Old 14th May 2009, 00:35   #367  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Quote:
JRE 6 Update 13 (it's somewhat in the middle)
I installed this^ and it works now! Thanks a lot mate! keep up the great work
Old 14th May 2009, 00:47   #368  |  Link
Surf
Senior Kindergarten

Hello Ox,

SubtitleCreator still refuses to import the 720x480 sub/idx your latest version created. Still saying something like "improper format" unsupported...

I have ajusted nothing regarding threshold this and that, just adjusted the 23.976 fps. Surely I am missing something? Would you or anyone else explain to a layman like me what those dropdowns/thresholds mean?

I still have to use Sub2sup to generate the sup to be imported by DVDsubedit for final cleanup. Such as colors, de-emphasizing.

Sorry I don't know how to use technical terms to tell you.

TIA
Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 01:19   #369  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
SubtitleCreator still refuses to import the 720x480 sub/idx your latest version created. Still saying something like "improper format" unsupported...
Well, all the VobSubs I tried lately were imported correctly by SC. So either you're doing something terribly wrong or there is a special problem with your file.

Quote:
I have ajusted nothing regarding threshold this and that, just adjusted the 23.976 fps. Surely I am missing something? Would you or anyone else explain to a layman like me what those dropdowns/thresholds mean?
It's all explained in the online help. I you don't bother to read it, why would I bother to explain? Anyway, this has nothing to do with your import problem anyway.
Then again, if you had read at least the first posting in this thread, you'd know what to do to get help.

Quote:
I still have to use Sub2sup to generate the sup to be imported by DVDsubedit for final cleanup. Such as colors, de-emphasizing.
And I still don't know heck what you're talking about.

Quote:
Sorry I don't know how to use technical terms to tell you.
To spare you reading the first posting: just upload your (zipped) VobSub and send me the link.
Old 14th May 2009, 01:55   #370  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Quote:

It's all explained in the online help
What online help? I've looked everywhere but couldnt find it
Old 14th May 2009, 02:00   #371  |  Link
Surf
Senior Kindergarten

Lol. Arshad07, there is a help file within the program. At least I know about that part.

Ox, one thing I am good at is to read and read. However your help file is just to techy for me, that's all.

The movie in question is "Body of Lies".

Well, I am going to try some more movies to confirm.
Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 07:24   #372  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Ox, one thing I am good at is to read and read.
[...]
The movie in question is "Body of Lies".
Well, most obviously you didn't even read my last answer completely. Else you'd know that a title doesn't help. If you want me to have a look at your file(s), upload it/them to a one-click hoster and send me the link.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:19   #373  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Thanks for this handy program. I included it in multiAVCHD for DVD to Blu-ray / DVD to AVCHD conversions.

Great work!

Dean
Old 14th May 2009, 16:34   #374  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Am facing an issue here.....

First i load my SUP file into BDS2S

then i save it as idx/sub....and when i load it into subrip to OCR it, am getting this

Any help please

thanks
Old 14th May 2009, 16:55   #375  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

It may be due to the fact that Subrip has some issues when loading straight from an IDX/SUB. Are all of your subtitle's like that? Or is there just a couple of parts? If so, then just use the "skip" options to move past the bad subtitles.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:13   #376  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
Am facing an issue here.....
[...]
then i save it as idx/sub....and when i load it into subrip to OCR it, am getting this
[...]
Any help please
I think this was discussed before (last page of this thread) and while I don't use SubRip myself, I got the impression that SubRip can't handle SUB/IDX with more than PAL/NTSC resolution (and you most obviously created a VobSub in 1080p resolution). Indeed nearly no program supporting SUB/IDX does support hires VobSubs, as this format is closely related to DVDs which are limited to PAL/NTSC resolution. This is also discussed in the online help btw.

So if you need to OCR, you should either export to PAL/NTSC resolution or use SupRip directly on the BD-SUP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Thanks for this handy program. I included it in multiAVCHD for DVD to Blu-ray / DVD to AVCHD conversions.
Thanks for telling me. That makes at least three conversion tools by now that use BDSup2Sub for caption conversion.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:14   #377  |  Link
Arshad07
Jeremy Duncan Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
It may be due to the fact that Subrip has some issues when loading straight from an IDX/SUB. Are all of your subtitle's like that? Or is there just a couple of parts? If so, then just use the "skip" options to move past the bad subtitles.
all the way its like that.

But it works fine with an older version of Subrip although the characters are too big. But still it works, i just have to change it to NTSC in BDS2S....and the texts become smaller. Then OCR it.....but it seems all the characters have different structures. I have to OCR ALL CHARACTERS....plus my matrix file doesnt work for this older version
Old 14th May 2009, 17:55   #378  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

Quote:
But still it works, i just have to change it to NTSC in BDS2S....and the texts become smaller. Then OCR it.....but it seems all the characters have different structures.
That is mainly because the width/height of a 1080p screen is not an integer multiple of a NTSC/PAL screen. E.g. 1080/480 = 2.25, so one pixel in the NTSC equals 2.25 pixels in 1080p, so the same character is usually sampled differently at two different locations.
Then again, also the neighboring pixels influence each pixel when scaling, so even when scaling down by a factor of 2 or three, an "e" next to an "i" will be look slightly different compared to an "e" next to a "w" after scaling.

Anyway, this seems to an issue of SubRip with hires Vobsubs, so if SupRip is not an option, you should try to convince the author of SubRip to either allow 1080 resolutions for VOB/SUB or to implement import of BDN XML format, which is essentially only a PNG bitmap for each caption and an XML file with all the timing/additional info. Compared to parsing a typical binary transport stream, this is a piece of cake, so maybe he is willing to implement this.

Besides, I'm a little puzzled that none of the people here at Doom9 came up with the idea to tinker a script/Delphi Tool/whatever that OCRs the PNGs from an BDN XML export with a professional OCR tool and then puts together an SRT from the OCR output and the info inside the Xml.
Old 14th May 2009, 20:52   #379  |  Link
prenz

Quote:
@prenz:
Hm, it seems my worries were not unfounded. SubtitleCreator doesn't open SUB/IDX streams with stuffing bytes (no crash, no warning, just behaves as nothing was loaded) and VobSub Resync simply doesn't display captions that use stuffing bytes in the packet header.

So while adding padding packets doesn't seem to hurt, using stuffing bytes obviously does. Or maybe I messed up the implementation. But I rather don't think so.
Sorry for responding late. I've checked multiple .subs (and fiddled a lot with them using some quick-hack-C++) , and I agree that header stuffing causes serious problems. Also I don't see any problems with your implementation; header padding is done the way it's supposed to be. Obviously SubtitleCreator simply doesn't give a damn about the header stuffing and goes for a stream header straight away.

I still have to figure out, how ProjectX deals with such situations, where the needed padding is less than 6 bytes. So far, none of my ProjectX-VobSubs has used any header padding (and for my own implementation of inserting padding streams, it turns out I screwed up and put the header padding at the end of the pack, not the end of the pack header... D'oh!)

Anyway this probably means I've lost our bet - you were right: program stream conformity actually hurts VobSub when using header padding.
prenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 22:01   #380  |  Link
0xdeadbeef
Author of BDSup2Sub

You may have noticed that I decided to introduce padding anyway in 3.5.5. After analyzing several SUB files with padding I came to the conclusion that (for whatever reason) the 6 remaining bytes are not handled by stuffing bytes but by increasing the PTS length.
Both SC and VobSub Resync accept SUBs with an increases PTS length, so that seems to be the way to go.