Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Closed Thread

Old 25th October 2008, 14:03   #601  |  Link

The license model is not an obstacle. The features could be combined with only the NV support being controlled by the license file. In other words, to turn on NV support you need the license file, but not for libavcodec operation.

The thing is, though, I am highly pessimistic about libavcodec ever being fixed to the level needed for proper operation in a frame accurate seeking application. For me, NV is the only viable way right now. Maybe CoreAVC will come through with an API, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 25th October 2008, 17:32   #602  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
* I strongly recommend killing the MEGUI preview before starting the encode. You can leave it open if you want to be perverse, but if you navigate in it after starting encoding, kiss your ass goodbye. And don't say I didn't warn you.
Does this also apply to Auto Encode? Using this feature closes the preview before allowing the user to select the output size and addition content. Just wondering because this freezes MeGUI when using DGAVCDecNV 1.0.5.
Old 25th October 2008, 17:36   #603  |  Link

I never heard of Auto Encode. I'll look into it. Please tell me the exact steps you take to cause a freeze.
Old 25th October 2008, 18:27   #604  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I never heard of Auto Encode. I'll look into it. Please tell me the exact steps you take to cause a freeze.
Load the script into the AviScript Script input. The preview is opened when the script is loaded. Go to Tools and then AutoEncode. This is where the freeze happens. If I close the preview before clicking on AutoEncode is does not freeze. I use AutoEncode to set the output size and to mux the audio and chapters with the video.
Old 25th October 2008, 18:35   #605  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Load the script into the AviScript Script input.
I can't make any sense of that. Can you try again, please?

Quote:
If I close the preview before clicking on AutoEncode it does not freeze.
Seems to me that you should follow my strong recommendation then.
Old 25th October 2008, 18:41   #606  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
I can't make any sense of that. Can you try again, please?
Sure.

Quote:
Seems to me that you should follow my strong recommendation then.
See that's why I asked because this isn't actually doing any encoding, yet.

Last edited by rack04; 25th October 2008 at 18:44.
Old 25th October 2008, 18:45   #607  |  Link

Thanks for the clarification and for pointing out the issue. I'll have a look at it. In the meantime, close the preview window. Does that allow encoding to proceed normally with AutoEncode?
Old 25th October 2008, 18:53   #608  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification and for pointing out the issue. I'll have a look at it. In the meantime, close the preview window. Does that allow encoding to proceed normally with AutoEncode?
So far so good. I'll let you know if 15 hours when it finishes.

BTW. The script is:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DGAVCIndexNV\DGAVCDecodeNV.dll")
AVCSource("F:\Blu-ray\Forbidden Kingdom.dga")
Old 25th October 2008, 19:07   #609  |  Link
ultratoto14

Finished my first encode with staxRip and DGAVCIndex. Very happy that the server version resolve encountered problems.

Like blubberbirne, my encode lags, it seems to have duplicate frames instead of all frames.
Old 25th October 2008, 19:15   #610  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultratoto14 View Post
Like blubberbirne, my encode lags, it seems to have duplicate frames instead of all frames.
That's not good. I'll try to duplicate it. Any further materials you can provide to help me duplicate it will be appreciated.
Old 25th October 2008, 19:24   #611  |  Link
ultratoto14

I just tried to open the AVS in virtualDub, pressing the right narrow to play the file i can see the lags in live, but if i return to a previous point in the movie and replay the same part, I cannot reproduce it again.
So this is unpredictable. What do you need ?
Old 25th October 2008, 19:33   #612  |  Link

Playing the AVS will not be smooth, as DGAVCDecodeNV is not designed as a player application. But returning on the timeline gets frames from the Avisynth cache, which will not have decoding delays. So it is normal.

The important question is: Does your encoded file have unexpected duplicate frames?
Old 25th October 2008, 19:35   #613  |  Link
lexor

ultra (and everyone else with the problem) what decoder are you using? I tested the old preview of avcsourceNV (during early development, i hijacked my friend's machine to play around since I don't have NV), and did encounter such a problem (the lag), but then I played the output on PS3 and it was smooth as silk. I assumed at the time it was libav decoding issue (ffdshow) or faulty mp4 splitting in haali. Though I'm not sure what triggers it and what it has to do with the source frameserver (one would think it's the output x264 profile that matters).

Last edited by lexor; 25th October 2008 at 19:37.
Old 25th October 2008, 19:40   #614  |  Link
ultratoto14

Ok, effectively, there is duplicate frames. In one of them the frame seems cut in the middle with a shift between the up part and the down part (a man walking on the snow, his trunk is no more in front of his legs). In this case the old frame is repeated on the up part, only the down part is the new frame.

I encode the same part of the movie three times : 2 with AVCSource from DGAVCDecodeNV, one from directshow. Same encoder settings, the two NV based encodes lags at different moment, the one form directshow doesn't.

Last edited by ultratoto14; 25th October 2008 at 19:42.
Old 25th October 2008, 19:45   #615  |  Link

OK, thank you. I know from your description exactly what is happening. The server is re-using the shared memory before the client is done with it. I'll release a fix ASAP. Thank you for your very clear and valuable trouble report.

@lexor

There are two unrelated meanings for "lag" here. I'm sure it's clear now after you realize the issue I mentioned just above.

Last edited by Guest; 25th October 2008 at 20:05.
Old 25th October 2008, 20:02   #616  |  Link

I have fixed CUVIDServer.exe and replaced it in the 1.0.5 zip file.

Please re-download 1.0.5 and try again with the new CUVIDServer.exe.
Old 25th October 2008, 20:24   #617  |  Link
ultratoto14

Tested, no more duplicate frames ... but now my frame is shifted to the right about a few pixels. The remaining right part of the frame is on the left

Name:  snap.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  29.6 KB
Old 25th October 2008, 20:31   #618  |  Link

Oh crud, a cropping rectangle with cropping on the left.

I need a stream like this. Please post a link to a piece of the unprocessed source. It doesn't have to be very big.

Thank you.
Old 25th October 2008, 21:13   #619  |  Link
ultratoto14

It takes me a long time since i have a very slow internet connection, here is the sample you want http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e...cff8d127bac7ae.

8800 GTS 512Mo
Old 26th October 2008, 00:35   #620  |  Link

Thank you.

But there is no cropping rectangle and I cannot duplicate the issue. I made a basic script with just AVCSource() and then encoded in MEGUI with DXVA HD Fast.

Please tell me exactly what you did to make that happen. Include your script, MEGUI profile, and everything up to and including how you made that frame grab. I can't fix a problem if I can't duplicate it.
Closed Thread