Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 17th January 2010, 21:12   #161  |  Link
IVaN_000

Can you estimate a release date of v9.3?
IVaN_000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 21:37   #162  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Not really. I'm not working on PgcEdit right now, but that should change soon. I hope I'll be able to release v9.3 in one month or so.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 03:19   #163  |  Link
mikenadia

I feel stupid to ask that question but I cannot figure it out.
I am trying to create a RSM command.
In one DVD, no problem. In the other one, the command is greyed out. Doing exactly the same thing.Really
I create a NOP command, right-click on 'Edit command"-then "Alphabetically" (RSM is greyed out). I do not think it matters but the first DVD came originally with a RSM command and the second one did not have any in the original (but I would like to add one).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mikenadia; 19th January 2010 at 14:26. Reason: Exact, blutach. thanks
mikenadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 10:10   #164  |  Link
blutach
Country Member

RSM can only be used in certain domains. It is probably greyed out because you are trying to use it in the titles omain. Use it in a menu PGC.

Regards

Only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media.
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 14:26   #165  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, greyed out commands are illegal in that particular area. RSM is made to resume to the last visited title (in a VTST domain) from a menu (VTSM or VMGM domains), and therefore RSM cannot be used in VTST domains (as it doesn't make sense to resume where you are) and in the FP-PGC.

When you create a new Goto command, it jumps by default to line 3. This is totally arbitrary. But when you edit, duplicate or copy it, the default offset is usually left unchanged.

A new plugin, written by M_Knox, will be available soon. With that plugin, you'll be able to select any Goto, then Alt-Click its target line, and the Goto will be automatically updated. (Same thing for the Jumps, Calls and LinkPGCNs when you Alt-Click the target PGC.) In the meantime, use the Incr and Decr GOTO buttons, or simply edit the command the usual way.

Last edited by r0lZ; 19th January 2010 at 14:29.
Old 28th February 2010, 21:19   #166  |  Link
AlienX69
Interstellar Traveler

PgcEdit on Windows 7 ?

First, hello r0lZ and Les (blu), been a while !!

I'm thinking about upgrading one of my workstations to Windiows 7 and was wondering if PE 9.2 has any known issues running on Win7.

Just an FYI, on one other workstations I had to update a video driver cuz the with wife was working with Photoshop (CS4) and it keep crashing. After googling the error, most said to update the video driver. I found the latest driver, installed it, seemed to correct the Photoshop crashing, only been a day. But another problem occurred, the preview window in PE stopped displaying video, audio worked fine, just a blank screen for the video. So I reverted back to the older driver and sure enough the preview window started working properly again. Not sure what to do there.

The video card is XFX/NVidia GeForce 8400 GS:
New driver: 196.21
Old driver: 177.79

Regards,
AX
AlienX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 00:15   #167  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hi Alien!

As far as I know, PgcEdit works fine under Win7 (and Vista, as long as you can boot it! ;-)

I have a partition with Win7 and I have tried PgcEdit several times. I have never noticed any problem, but I must confess that I haven't tested it much, as currently, I still prefer to work under XP. Anyway, if you find a problem, you know where you can report it.

There might be some minor problems, for example if you try to launch a tool from PgcEdit that needs to be run with administrator rights, but the main PgcEdit functions should work as expected.

The preview works fine too, with my nVidia 9600 GT . Anyway, in case of problem with the preview, you can disable the DirectDraw overlays. The picture quality is less good (rough scaling, no antialiasing), but it works fine with almost all hardware and software configurations. And AFAIK, the version of the driver doesn't matter much.
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:49   #168  |  Link
Plutox
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
As far as I know, PgcEdit works fine under Win7....

The preview works fine too, with my nVidia 9600 GT
Do I take it that you were unable to reproduce my problem of preview not working automatically, but needing Ctrl-P to get it started? As I said, after being kick-started, it is absolutely fine so it doesn't seem to be a video or driver issue.

I've cross-checked this on my Win7 laptop (different video system, everything else more or less different except the core Win7), identical results. What could possibly stop "automatically start preview playback" from working under Win7? Thanks.
Plutox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:07   #169  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Oops, I forgot to reply to your question.

Yes, the preview works fine under Win7, with the audio and the DirectDraw overlays.

But there might be some confusion. The option "Automatically Start Preview Playback" is not used to open the preview automatically when you click on a PGC in the left pane, but to run it as soon as the Preview window is opened. When this option is off, you have to click the Play button in the Preview window, as it stays in Pause mode by default.

To open the preview window automatically from the main PgcEdit window, you have to tick another option: the little checkbox between the "PGC" button and the little play arrow in the top left corner of the main PgcEdit window.

In Trace mode, there is a similar checkbox with also a play arrow to the right of the Trace menu. (It's a shortcut to the option Trace Menu -> Setup -> Preview Options -> Show Played Cells In Preview.) Use it to display the visited cells during the trace.

Please let me know if you have still a problem...

Last edited by r0lZ; 3rd March 2010 at 23:09.
Old 10th March 2010, 00:20   #170  |  Link
Plutox
London, UK

Quote:
Oops, I forgot to reply to your question.

Yes, the preview works fine under Win7, with the audio and the DirectDraw overlays...

But there might be some confusion...

To open the preview window automatically from the main PgcEdit window, you have to tick another option: the little checkbox between the "PGC" button and the little play arrow in the top left corner of the main PgcEdit window.

In Trace mode, there is a similar checkbox with also a play arrow to the right of the Trace menu. (It's a shortcut to the option Trace Menu -> Setup -> Preview Options -> Show Played Cells In Preview.) Use it to display the visited cells during the trace
Yup, you're absolutely right.
Plutox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2010, 23:38   #171  |  Link
Robotik
da kid

trace - jump to movie

hi,

i know it has been discussed before, but i just couldn't seem to find the post.
i want the dvd to jump right to the movie upon insertion, then when it is over to go back to the main menu.

i remember that there is a tool in trace that helps me do that, but i couldn't find it.
can someone help me out with this?

thanks,
robotik
Robotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 09:34   #172  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Use PGC -> Jump to PGC Upon DVD Insert.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:22   #173  |  Link
Robotik
da kid

wow that was easy
thank you
Robotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 03:58   #174  |  Link
kikatu

Gotos Re-numbering Option!

Hi, I rarely seem to have an issue where the option to auto re-number GOTO commands becomes unchecked, noticing while editing, it works again until enabled without restarting PgcEdit. I thought it could be corruption on the Application Data Folder, but it's the only option affected. o.0

Notes: sometimes I run multiple intances of PgcEdit.
kikatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 09:15   #175  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I don't understand exactly the problem. Do you mean that the renumber GOTOs option changes from session to session? I have to change temporarily that option to easily automate some tasks, but it should be restored automatically to its original value as soon as possible.

Note also that, if you want to be sure that the options saved on disc never change, you can turn the "Save Settings On Exit" option off, and use "Save Settings Now" manually when needed.
Old 13th March 2010, 19:07   #176  |  Link
kikatu

Quote:
Do you mean that the renumber GOTOs option changes from session to session?.
Yes it does changes, but I cannot confirm it only happens session to session. Probably it does, I use your program too much.

Quote:
Note also that, if you want to be sure that the options saved on disc never change, you can turn the "Save Settings On Exit" option off, and use "Save Settings Now" manually when needed.
I will disable "Save Settings On Exit", it makes sense now.

Cheers!
kikatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:15   #177  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

PgcEdit v9.3 released!

PgcEdit v9.3 has been released today.

Please post your comments and questions about v9.3 in this thread. Thanks!