Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 15th January 2013, 02:14   #16901  |  Link
glc650

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
LAV Audio can do lossless decoding of DTS-HD and TrueHD. (DTS requires the Arcsoft dtsdecoderdll.dll copied into LAV's directory)
What happens if you don't have this .dll?

Quote:
When playing a video, there is an additional preference dialogue you can bring up either from the tray icon (if enabled) or the filter list in your player.

Under no circumstances should you enable the "slave reference clock to audio" option, as that effectively disables ReClock's resampling/sync corrections.
What does "Locked" (Media adaption section) do?
glc650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 02:36   #16902  |  Link
njfoses

Quote:
I don't think it launches directly into fullscreen exclusive mode, but if you open MPC-HC's preferences, you can go to Playback > Fullscreen and enable the "Launch files in fullscreen" option.
Yea i have that checked but it doesnt launch into fullscreen exclusive mode.
njfoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 02:45   #16903  |  Link
agustin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlygeSoppen View Post
Still love my Xp
It works great for me, for most things..
I have a Win7 partition on my main computer also but use it only for modern games.
I dont like all the extra fanzy stuff that came along with win7,
I have tweaked it down to look like Xp though
Its a taste thing I guess hehe

But does anybody know what it could be that makes it so MadVr doesent work on my main computer?
It is certainly powerful enough..
And it works on the other Xp machines I have tried it on.
But you have 8gb of ram, and 32bit OSs only recognize around 3. You're wasting lots of memory.

On your problem, try different driver versions, older ones. That's other problem with XP, Nvidia and AMD don't give a f*ck about XP anymore and the drivers are shit.
agustin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 02:48   #16904  |  Link
Dodgexander

Has anyone noticed a problem with deinterlacing using dxva?

I am running the latest catalyst drivers with my Radeon 6800, but for some reason the only way I can get deinterlacing to work is by forcing it using lav videos option.

If i have ffdshow dxva or the windows decoder, deinterlacing just doesn't turn on despite the control panel settings. This only happens with h264. Not mpeg2.

Seems like Madvr isnt passing the info on that the video needs to be deinterlaced.

How can i troubleshoot? I already reset madvr settings and uninstalled/reinstalled. I have also changed the deinterlacing settings in madvr, even when assuming a file is interlaced, it does not work unless forced in lav.

EDIT* With EVR as renderer, deinterlacing works fine with other decoders.
Dodgexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 02:48   #16905  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by glc650 View Post
What happens if you don't have this .dll?
A few years ago now, the resampler in ReClock was changed from SSRC to Libresample, which uses a lot less CPU power, but does not sound as good in my opinion. For many (most?) people there is probably no difference though.

The file I linked to is the older SSRC resampler, compiled to work with the current version of ReClock.

Back when dual core CPUs were common and you had to use CPU decoding with madVR, ReClock's CPU usage could be a problem. Now that both madVR and LAV Video support DXVA decoding, and much faster quad core CPUs are common, the CPU usage of SSRC resampling is less of an issue.

Quote:
What does "Locked" (Media adaption section) do?
If you change it away from "Auto (best)" and don't lock it, it will reset back to Auto when you play another file. So it probably doesn't make a difference whether you lock it or not, if you are using Auto anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
Yea i have that checked but it doesnt launch into fullscreen exclusive mode.
I'm not sure that there's a way to do that then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgexander View Post
Has anyone noticed a problem with deinterlacing using dxva?

I am running the latest catalyst drivers with my Radeon 6800, but for some reason the only way I can get deinterlacing to work is by forcing it using lav videos option.
Is this with DXVA Native or Copy-Back in LAV? I seem to recall having issues with DXVA Native.

Last edited by 6233638; 15th January 2013 at 02:55.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 06:15   #16906  |  Link
Seegs108

Does anyone have trouble getting any version of MadVR to work on a monitor in portrait mode? Landscape works like a charm but when dragging MPC-HC over to the portrait screen or even starting the video in the portrait screen causes the video to freeze. Every other renderer works fine.
Seegs108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 08:49   #16907  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong View Post
But resampling is a mathematically precise process and resampling in Reclock is done to a suitably high precision. Provided the adjustments Reclock is needing to make are low (<=0.1% if adjusting up to what is needed for NTSC slow down) it should have no noticeable impact for 99.9% of user, except for almost certainly noticeably smoother video. Of course there will always be audiophiles who do not want the audio touched at all and they will need to accept less smooth video. But for most of the population I think getting video smooth is the better trade off.
yeah and that's the most important thing the human ear can't hear the difference. it is not perfect but as perfect as it could be. at least for pc used.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 09:21   #16908  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
Originally Posted by konakona View Post
Hello there.
I've checked some pulldown detection patterns: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1276064/1920x1080-24-25-30fps-test-patterns-detect-pulldown-issues

and i do have same issue as the person that posted these patterns ("Pulldown / Frame Interpolation: One thing I've noticed that is interesting with the test files, it shows you what pull down and frame interpolation is being applied by the PC and/or TV. Each of the test files is only encoded with only 1 red square per frame. So when playing say the NTSC test file (29.97) you see two red squares when played at 60hz...in this case (I guess) the video renderer or TV displays each frame twice but overlaps them with the following frame. Now the interesting thing is when I play the Blu-ray test file (23.976) at 24hz I see 3 red boxs on my setup. As this is not being done in the PC, it looks like it must be the TV doing a 3:3 frame interpolation (though the documentation on the PIO LX608 is pretty vague on it's settings and options here)."

i do have screen forced to 72hz,and using reclock,but it looks like something in the video chain is putting some frame interpolation and i see 3(or 2,its really hard to see) red boxes. ive tried to force vsync,and play with pulldown detection in catalyst control center but in vain. Im using madvr+newest lav filters+reclock

im using xp 32bit,hd4870 and dell 2209wa (the 3squares also appear when i run 30fps test on 60hz,so i dont think its a screen issue,no one else reported that too)
That would be me and why I created these test patterns as it was driving me nuts. I too have a Pio and under Options --> Drive Mode I have selected option "2" as it is the most natural to my eyes. These three options change how the Pio does frame rate interpolation and as you have seen with these test patters you can actually see what the Pio is doing. ...and you are right - it is very poorly documented what the settings do on the Pio!

Last edited by jmone; 15th January 2013 at 09:24.
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 09:59   #16909  |  Link
glc650

Quote:
A few years ago now, the resampler in ReClock was changed from SSRC to Libresample, which uses a lot less CPU power, but does not sound as good in my opinion. For many (most?) people there is probably no difference though.

The file I linked to is the older SSRC resampler, compiled to work with the current version of ReClock.

Back when dual core CPUs were common and you had to use CPU decoding with madVR, ReClock's CPU usage could be a problem. Now that both madVR and LAV Video support DXVA decoding, and much faster quad core CPUs are common, the CPU usage of SSRC resampling is less of an issue.
I was actually asking about the Arcsoft dtsdecoderdll.dll. What happens if you don't have it?
Old 15th January 2013, 10:06   #16910  |  Link
jmone

You should buy Arcsoft TMT. Others may have found that downloading the trial of TMT will also provide access to that file (without a timelimit) but the ongoing use of it is up to your moral stance on such things.
Old 15th January 2013, 10:15   #16911  |  Link
glc650

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
You should buy Arcsoft TMT. Others may have found that downloading the trial of TMT will also provide access to that file (without a timelimit) but the ongoing use of it is up to your moral stance on such things.
I didn't ask why I should pay for it I asked what it does. My reclock setup seems to work fine without it with DTS-HD tracks so why do I need this .dll?
Old 15th January 2013, 10:24   #16912  |  Link
Jong

Without it LAV will decode the old- style, lossy, DTS core (included for compatibility as part of all DTS-HD soundtracks), so you are not getting HD, lossless audio.
Jong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 10:32   #16913  |  Link
jmone

Appologies glc650 - I misread what you asked. As Jong said, there is currently no way of decoding the full DTS-HD MA with feeware software. The Arcsoft dtsdecoderdll.dll file however will be called on my LAV if it exists to solve this issue.
Old 15th January 2013, 11:21   #16914  |  Link
FlygeSoppen

Quote:
Originally Posted by agustin9 View Post
But you have 8gb of ram, and 32bit OSs only recognize around 3. You're wasting lots of memory.

On your problem, try different driver versions, older ones. That's other problem with XP, Nvidia and AMD don't give a f*ck about XP anymore and the drivers are shit.
I know.. win7 is alot faster and all that, but I run older programs and games that does not work as good in win7.
So my main operating system is still winxp.
And I allso love old things the best

By the way, I have tried all of the older drivers i can use with the 670gtx graphics card. But I cant go any lower than 300 series of drivers since my graphics card is to new.

But the same drivers works good with the Geforce620. So I dont know... Its not a WinXp issue and not a drivers issue, it must be something else i think hmmmm.

The screen is completely black and MPC-HC hangs for about 1 minute then laggy pictures with choppy sound, just like my pc was some old pentium or something.

Thanks for the answers But I dont think I can find the solution by myself, think I have tried it all.
FlygeSoppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 12:52   #16915  |  Link
Devrim

Hi,

I have 2 monitors which are connected to different GPU. My first screen is connected to a Nvidia card and the second one to an Intel card. Whenever I switch my MPC-HC window to my second screen with the Intel GPU the 1080i clip I'm watching is stuttering. Is it possible to make madVR use the Nvidia card even if it is on the second monitor with Intel GPU? Thanks! (This only seems to happen with 1080i content btw!)
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 13:42   #16916  |  Link
MSL_DK

Quote:

Page 2: Set the "assumed framerate when not found" to what is most common with the formats you watch, or just leave it at <unknown>.
What about Hardware Interface? Are the correct setting not DirectDraw with madVR?
MSL_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 14:22   #16917  |  Link
konakona

Quote:
That would be me and why I created these test patterns as it was driving me nuts. I too have a Pio and under Options --> Drive Mode I have selected option "2" as it is the most natural to my eyes. These three options change how the Pio does frame rate interpolation and as you have seen with these test patters you can actually see what the Pio is doing. ...and you are right - it is very poorly documented what the settings do on the Pio!
well i only used your pio as an example-im using dell 2209wa
konakona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 16:40   #16918  |  Link

Quote:
I was actually asking about the Arcsoft dtsdecoderdll.dll. What happens if you don't have it?
If you're bitstreaming, nothing. If you're decoding, you get the DTS-core track rather than the DTS-HD track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konakona View Post
Now the interesting thing is when I play the Blu-ray test file (23.976) at 24hz I see 3 red boxs on my setup.
If you are at 72Hz, you will see three images. If you were at 48Hz, you would have a double image etc. That's just how display technology works. It's not interpolation.

Quote:
Any interpolation the Pioneer sets do is controlled by the PureCinema Film Mode options, not the Drive mode.

Drive mode sets the refresh rate used with PAL (50Hz) signals.
Drive Mode 1: 75Hz - only suitable with films.
Drive Mode 2: 100Hz - suitable for film and video content
Drive Mode 3: 60Hz - Stupid

The reason for this is the Plasma image quality gets worse the higher the refresh rate goes, and running at 50Hz natively flickers too much. Realistically though, this should always be set at 2, unless you never watch anything other than film sources.

To enable 72Hz with 24p playback, you need Film Mode set to Advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSL_DK View Post
What about Hardware Interface? Are the correct setting not DirectDraw with madVR?
I thought madVR was using Direct3D. Best to leave it on Auto.
Old 15th January 2013, 17:19   #16919  |  Link
Dodgexander

Quote:
Is this with DXVA Native or Copy-Back in LAV? I seem to recall having issues with DXVA Native.
The problem isn't only with Lav. I just used lav as an example, since unlike other decoders, it lets you "force" deinterlacing.

Using the Microsoft or FFDSHOW dxva decoders, you can't "force" deinterlacing. Only in the control panel settings can you change the deinterlacing setting and this does not work with madvr

Strange huh? Never had this issue before with madvr
Dodgexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 17:24   #16920  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgexander View Post
The problem isn't only with Lav. I just used lav as an example, since unlike other decoders, it lets you "force" deinterlacing.

Using the Microsoft or FFDSHOW dxva decoders, you can't "force" deinterlacing. Only in the control panel settings can you change the deinterlacing setting and this does not work with madvr

Strange huh? Never had this issue before with madvr
Have you tried using LAV's DXVA Copy-Back option with madVR?

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling