Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd May 2016, 03:31   #20761  |  Link
mel2000

Windows 10 Home/x64
Avisynth+ (x86/x64)
VirtualDub 1.10.4 (x86/x64)

Just installed Avisynth+ (x86/x64) and VirtualDub 32 or 64 bit.

Afterwards VirtualDub threw an error with my DirectShowSource scripts until I installed LAV filters. I didn't touch any LAV configurations. However although I hear audio, I only see a partially blackened video screen.

Before PLAY button

After PLAY button

Can someone recommend any configuration settings that might help? Thanks.
mel2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 07:08   #20762  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2000 View Post
Afterwards VirtualDub threw an error with my DirectShowSource scripts...
Which error exactly?

Which scripts exactly?

MediaInfo analysis of the source files to be loaded?

Why DirectShowSource, despite repetitive recommendations during the last years to avoid it in favour of native AviSynth source filters (like L-SMASH Works, FFMS2, DGDec*) and use it only in cases where all native source filters fail?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:55   #20763  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Which error exactly?

Which scripts exactly?

MediaInfo analysis of the source files to be loaded?

Why DirectShowSource, despite repetitive recommendations during the last years to avoid it in favour of native AviSynth source filters (like L-SMASH Works, FFMS2, DGDec*) and use it only in cases where all native source filters fail?
Some context here.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 11:39   #20764  |  Link
mel2000

Thanks for your response LigH. I recommend that you refer to the link Groucho2004 supplied for more backstory details. Most of my Avisynth scripts are written using DirectShowSource and I would rather find out why it's no longer working than change all my scripts. I know DirectShowSource has its critics but I'm not one of them.
Old 4th May 2016, 21:04   #20765  |  Link
mel2000

This issue has been resolved with the guidance of posters in the previously mentioned thread.

I used CodecTweakTool to set the Preferred Splitters and Preferred Codecs to their default and recommended options. DirectShowSource is now working as expected in Avisynth+ and VirtualDub x86/x64. Thanks to all to replied with assistance on this issue.
Old 5th May 2016, 11:28   #20766  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

LAV Filters 0.68.1
Code:
LAV Splitter
- NEW: Support for reading metadata tags from MKV files (including the "3d-plane" MVC 3D tag from MakeMKV 1.9.10 and newer)
- Fixed: Improved handling of QuickTime codecs in MKV files
- Fixed: S302M audio streams with non-pcm content did not work anymore (requires an external decoder)

LAV Video
- Changed: Flags for BT.2020 are exported in DXVA2_ExtendedFormat (previously only reported to madVR, since the Windows SDK did not specify them)
- Changed: Prevent connections to the "AVI Decompressor" filter which could result in a broken image or crashes otherwise
- Fixed: Some progressive files could report the wrong FPS when software deinterlacing was turned on
- Fixed: MPEG-2 streams using "intra refresh" did not decode properly

LAV Audio
- Fixed: Decoding MPEG Audio streams from the Microsoft MPEG-1 Splitter could result in playback starting with an audible glitch
Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

This is mostly a minor bugfix release on top of 0.68, check its release notes if you have not done so already!
Old 5th May 2016, 12:59   #20767  |  Link
andyvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
LAV Filters 0.68.1
Code:
LAV Splitter
- NEW: Support for reading metadata tags from MKV files (including the "3d-plane" MVC 3D tag from MakeMKV 1.9.10 and newer)
- Fixed: Improved handling of QuickTime codecs in MKV files
- Fixed: S302M audio streams with non-pcm content did not work anymore (requires an external decoder)

LAV Video
- Changed: Flags for BT.2020 are exported in DXVA2_ExtendedFormat (previously only reported to madVR, since the Windows SDK did not specify them)
- Changed: Prevent connections to the "AVI Decompressor" filter which could result in a broken image or crashes otherwise
- Fixed: Some progressive files could report the wrong FPS when software deinterlacing was turned on
- Fixed: MPEG-2 streams using "intra refresh" did not decode properly

LAV Audio
- Fixed: Decoding MPEG Audio streams from the Microsoft MPEG-1 Splitter could result in playback starting with an audible glitch
Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

This is mostly a minor bugfix release on top of 0.68, check its release notes if you have not done so already!
Does LAV splitter support self-signed HTTPS urls?

Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 13:46   #20768  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvt View Post
Does LAV splitter support self-signed HTTPS urls?
Due to lack of a clear way to interact with the user to confirm verification of certificates etc, LAV does currently not verify certificates, so any HTTPS cert will work, instead of failing on untrusted certs with no way for the user to override on a case-by-case basis.

So in short, yes, it works.
Old 5th May 2016, 15:02   #20769  |  Link
andyvt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Due to lack of a clear way to interact with the user to confirm verification of certificates etc, LAV does currently not verify certificates, so any HTTPS cert will work, instead of failing on untrusted certs with no way for the user to override on a case-by-case basis.

So in short, yes, it works.
Thanks!
Old 8th May 2016, 14:31   #20770  |  Link
sdancer75

MP4 selecting audio track programmatically

Hi

I use lav filters successfully in my direct show chain using a mfc/c++ application. I would like to give me some directions of what COM Interfaces should I use to change the audio track inside my player.

Each audio track represent a specific language.

Best regards
Old 11th May 2016, 21:20   #20771  |  Link
aufkrawall

Just for the record, as I talked about the video processor in AMD's Hawaii GPU before:
A few days ago I had a random blue screen of death while watching a Youtube 360° H.264 video in Firefox. Some years ago, AMD also had blue screen trouble with just plain 4k H.264 video (they simply turned it off in the drivers). I'm having the strong feeling that they forgot to turn off DXVA2 accel for 360° video or they didn't check it/aren't aware that this kind of video is affected as well.
As a consequence, I turned off DXVA2 video decoding in Firefox via about:config.

Btw: If Polaris 10 supports VP9 decoding in the drivers, will it automatically work without changes in LAV?
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 21:41   #20772  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
Btw: If Polaris 10 supports VP9 decoding in the drivers, will it automatically work without changes in LAV?
If they support the standard VP9 DXVA2 specification from Microsoft, then it should. Assuming there are no bugs in the implementation that didn't have an impact on Intel or NVIDIA.
Old 12th May 2016, 07:57   #20773  |  Link

http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articl...ticleID=110383
https://aomedia.googlesource.com/aom/
3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 05:02   #20774  |  Link
strumf666

Is this codec supported by LAV?

Format: CineForm
Codec ID: V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / CFHD
Codec ID/Info: CineForm 10-bit Visually Perfect HD (Wavelet)
Duration: 48mn 22s
Width: 4 096 pixels
Height: 2 304 pixels
Display aspect ratio: 16:9
Frame rate mode: Constant
Frame rate: 23.976 fps
Scan type: Progressive
Default: Yes
Forced: No
strumf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 07:22   #20775  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

CineForm is a proprietary codec (used by GoPro cameras) but "closed-source", which means that the developers did not release source code. Reverse engineering would be required to support it by libavcodec based software. In the current full help of a fresh "non-free" ffmpeg build created using media-autobuild_suite, there is no appearance of "CineForm"; but the Wikipedia article about libavcodec lists CineForm as supported for decoding (if that is true, then LAV Filters could support it as well, if enabled). I wonder if support for this codec requires an additional explicit option while compiling ffmpeg.
__

The matching ticket in their issue tracker is still open, so I believe the reverse engineering is not yet complete...
__

P.P.S.: "ffmpeg -codecs" lists support for CineForm HD. This list was not part of the "full help". That means that LAV Filters may support CFHD if it uses a current libavcodec base.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 13th May 2016 at 08:02.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 16:32   #20776  |  Link
strumf666

Ok, thanks for answering.
strumf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:19   #20777  |  Link
mandarynek82

Why hardware accelerator is not active? Win 10 x64, geforce gtx 580.

mandarynek82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:50   #20778  |  Link
huhn

not all files can be hardware decoded.

what file are you trying to play?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:52   #20779  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
CineForm is a proprietary codec (used by GoPro cameras) but "closed-source", which means that the developers did not release source code. Reverse engineering would be required to support it by libavcodec based software. In the current full help of a fresh "non-free" ffmpeg build created using media-autobuild_suite, there is no appearance of "CineForm"; but the Wikipedia article about libavcodec lists CineForm as supported for decoding (if that is true, then LAV Filters could support it as well, if enabled). I wonder if support for this codec requires an additional explicit option while compiling ffmpeg.
__

The matching ticket in their issue tracker is still open, so I believe the reverse engineering is not yet complete...
__

P.P.S.: "ffmpeg -codecs" lists support for CineForm HD. This list was not part of the "full help". That means that LAV Filters may support CFHD if it uses a current libavcodec base.
Decoding has been "cracked" and there is support in lastest ffmpeg (since 3 months or so): 10bit YUV as well as 12bit RGBA.

Last edited by kolak; 23rd May 2016 at 12:57.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:12   #20780  |  Link
sdancer75

[HELP] VFW_E_CANNOT_CONNECT (0x080040217) error

The following error happens VFW_E_CANNOT_CONNECT (0x080040217) on a machine with XP Service Pack 3 when I try to manually connect LavSplitter output with LavVideo input. I tested this directly using graphstudionext_0_7_0_430 and with no any media players software.

I DECLARE from the beggining that I have done a brand new DirectX 9 installation and I restarted the machine. So advices like missing directx files are not correct. Do I NEED to install an extra codecs like for mp4, mkv ie to make it work ?

Can LavFilters create log files to debug such kind of errors ? I tried with older LAV filters version ie .60 as well as with the newest one 0.68.1.

Name:  34j2dsx.jpg
Views: 4001
Size:  48.1 KB

Last edited by sdancer75; 23rd May 2016 at 18:15.
sdancer75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter