Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 8th August 2007, 05:41   #1  |  Link
jhjorsal

Unsupported audio

For 2 years I tryed AutoGK for the first time, converted a couple of movies, everything worked great. Then I didnt use it for 2 years, in the mean time I got a new computer, and now I need it again, I installed the newest AutoGK and now my standalone divX player says "Unsupported Audio" and there is no sound, What could the problem be?, by the way I can still play the old Divx on the stand alone divX player and I do have sound if I play it on my Computer
jhjorsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 06:50   #2  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

Open the video with GSpot, see what audio was used, then check your player to see if it supports that audio.
CWR03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007, 10:04   #3  |  Link
jhjorsal

Thangs a lot I will try that when I get home from work
Old 8th August 2007, 21:44   #4  |  Link
jhjorsal

I Have testet it now, it seem that the old divX movie has a "AC3" audio, and the new has "MPEG-1 Layer3", The new is set to 700Mb Because I would like to make som compressed movies for a 7inch car tv (for the kids) Can I force the AC3 audio trough, or do it just come on a definite size?
Old 9th August 2007, 07:32   #5  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

You can force AC3 under Advanced Options, but at 700 MB the video will suffer a great deal. Seems strange that a standalone can't handle MP3 audio.
Old 9th August 2007, 08:08   #6  |  Link
jhjorsal

Its mostly cartoon movies on a 7 inch screen, will that also suffer and what size would you set. I could problery also turn down the resolution, now its on auto and is set on somthing around 750x400 if I only use the movies on a 7 inch screen what resolution would you use.
Old 9th August 2007, 16:31   #7  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

If I were trying to achieve optimal quality for a small screen, I'd resize to the native resolution of the screen. Forcing AC3 audio will let AutoGK resize the video to something appropriate, but you'll just have to try and see if it's something with which you will be satisfied.