Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th August 2003, 03:50   #1  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

.hack//SIGN - Volume 1 (Region 1) Cheat Sheet

.hack//Sign Volume One [Region 1]
Courtesy of 2CL

******* UPDATES ***************

8/26/03 - Edits shown in GREEN In Step 15.

8/27/03 - Steps 8 to 15 have been updated. Step 9 has a totally new step.

8/27/03 - Added Steps 16 and 17 to fix subtitles showing when English and Subs Off are clicked on initially in Setup menu. Following steps renumbered accordingly.

I was a little bored at this time and just wanted to write a learning cheat sheet on the first volume of a cool Anime Series. Great soundtrack too. Also, it's good reading material for you folks who want to know how I went about backing this DVD up. There are some new tips within that I haven’t done any informational guides yet. You might learn something new. Pretty impressed on how my quality turned out.

Tools I used
DVD Decrypter in File Mode
IFOedit 0.95
DVD Shrink 3.0 beta 5
MenuEdit 2.1.1 (registered) Optional but it does clean up the menus of used buttons.
4. Backup all IFOs to “Files” subfolder. It’s a good practice to backup your original files prior to editing. In case you mess up, you can always copy over your original files over your badly edited one and then press your “Get VTS Sectors” button to refresh data in IFOedit.

Go to VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMGM_MAT / First Play PGC / PGC Command Table. Edit Pre Command #4 with new command by right clicking on line and selecting “Edit Command”. Select “(JumpSS_VTSM) Jump to Titleset Menu” with Title Nr.: 1, TitleSet Nr.: 1, and Menu: root.

OLD > 4.Pre Command (JumpTT) Jump to Title: 1..........................................[30 02 00 00 00 01 00 00]
NEW > 4.Pre Command (JumpSS VTSM) Jump to TitleSet(vts): 1, Title(ttn): 1, root-menu...[30 06 00 01 01 83 00 00]

What bothers me in the Extras menu is that when you select to play any the selections it would jump back to the Main Menu after playing. I wanted to remain in the Extras Menu until I’m done with it. Looks like poor authoring to me. Anyway, let’s fix that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7a. Configuring Extras Menu as our Angle Menu

Just like the previous Optional step, we’re going to set another menu as our Angle Menu. Go to VTS_01_0.IFO / VTSM_PGCI_UT / [LU 1] Menu's: and edit as follows.

OLD > Menu_24: VTSM_PGC Category Menu mask...0
NEW > Menu_24: VTSM_PGC Category Menu mask...134

Now if you go to this IF0’s / VTS Overview / Language Menu Unit, you’ll see that Menu_24 is now configured as our Angle Menu. How did I know that Menu_24 is our Extras Menu? I used DVDShrink to view the menus.

There are only 4 Extras selection that jump back to the Main Menu when done playing. They are...
1) Textless opening
2) Textless Ending
3) .hack Video Game Trailer (We're going to disable this button later on in Step 12.
4) Trailers (There is a submenu that has three trailers that jump to main menu when done but we’re not going to mess with them separately. We’ll just disable the Trailer button entirely later on in Step 11.

Here’s the edits for the the first two.
7b. Extras Menu Displaying After Textless Opening Play

Go to VIDEO_TS.IFO / VMGM_PGCI_UT / PGC-Menu_20 / PGC Command Table. Edit Pre Command #3 as follows. Right click and select “Edit Command”. Select “(JumpSS_VTSM) Jump to Titleset Menu” with Title Nr.: 1, TitleSet Nr.: 1, and Menu: angle.

OLD > 3.Pre Command (JumpTT) Jump to Title: 2...........................................[30 02 00 00 00 02 00 00]
NEW > 3.Pre Command (JumpSS VTSM) Jump to TitleSet(vts): 1, Title(ttn): 1, angle-menu...[30 06 00 01 01 86 00 00]

Details: How did I know that I had to edit PGC-Menu_20 for Text Opening clip? This clip is Title 15 and located in VTS_15_0.IFO. I went to that IFO’s / VTS_PGCITI / PGC-Menu_1 / PGC Command Table and looked at it’s Post Commands. “VMG PGC: 20” is translated as Video Manager PGC-Menu_20.
7c. Save IFO and BUP.
7d. Extras Menu Displaying After Textless Ending Play

Repeat Step 7b & 7c with VTS_16_0.IFO.
That’s it for these two Extras. Test if you want.
I just wanted to provide some Title Information here. Our DVD is still too big so we’ll be setting a couple of Titles as “Still Pictures” in DVDShrink later on but I want to do a few edits prior to that. Below, The Titles in RED are the ones we need to be concern about so that our Episodes retain great quality. I selected the Trailers because personally, they take up space and they get old.
Title.....Description...................TitleSet

Title 1 : 15ms Blank Clip...............VTS_01
Title 2 : 24ms Blank Clip...............VTS_02
Title 3 : FBI Warnings..................VTS_03
Title 4 : Bandai Intro Logo.............VTS_04
Title 5 : Bandai Visual Presents Clip...VTS_05
Title 6 : Dolby Digital Presentation....VTS_06
Title 7 : Kikaider Trailer..............VTS_07
Title 8 : Silent Mobious Trailer........VTS_08
Title 9 : Arjuna Trailer................VTS_09
Title 10: Episode 1.....................VTS_10
Title 11: Episode 2.....................VTS_11
Title 12: Episode 3.....................VTS_12
Title 13: Episode 4.....................VTS_13
Title 14: Episode 5.....................VTS_14
Title 15: Textless Opening..............VTS_15
Title 16: TextLess Ending...............VTS_16
Title 17: Video Game Trailer............VTS_17

Last edited by 2COOL; 3rd November 2003 at 20:55.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote