Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th March 2003, 17:45   #1  |  Link
obitrok

subtitles turning green

this may seem like a simple question, but after using ifoedit to split streams and retaining a few, the subtitles turn green (in powerdvd). anyway to make the subtitles white?
obitrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2003, 18:21   #2  |  Link
DVDToolbox

Use DVDToolbox !
Old 17th March 2003, 05:38   #3  |  Link
REECYCUP

http://forum.doom9.org/search.php?s=...der=descending
REECYCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2003, 08:34   #4  |  Link
aquintar

This is my solution to your problem:

Change the color values in the PGC in table VTS_PGCITI from
zero to:

[000000a5] Color 0 Y Cr CB 40 109 240 [28 6d f0 ]
[000000a9] Color 1 Y Cr CB 81 240 90 [51 f0 5a ]
[000000ad] Color 2 Y Cr CB 16 128 128 [10 80 80 ]
[000000b1] Color 3 Y Cr CB 234 128 128 [ea 80 80 ]
[000000b5] Color 4 Y Cr CB 58 143 149 [3a 8f 95 ]
[000000b9] Color 5 Y Cr CB 72 116 169 [48 74 a9 ]
[000000bd] Color 6 Y Cr CB 210 146 16 [d2 92 10 ]
[000000c1] Color 7 Y Cr CB 91 73 146 [5b 49 92 ]
[000000c5] Color 8 Y Cr CB 95 156 168 [5f 9c a8 ]
[000000c9] Color 9 Y Cr CB 209 128 128 [d1 80 80 ]
[000000cd] Color 10 Y Cr CB 48 182 109 [30 b6 6d ]
[000000d1] Color 11 Y Cr CB 79 81 91 [4f 51 5b ]
[000000d5] Color 12 Y Cr CB 28 119 182 [1c 77 b6 ]
[000000d9] Color 13 Y Cr CB 97 207 207 [61 cf cf ]
[000000dd] Color 14 Y Cr CB 136 179 58 [88 b3 3a ]
[000000e1] Color 15 Y Cr CB 217 128 127 [d9 80 7f ]

regards
aquintar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2003, 08:43   #5  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

What a coincidence! That's exactly like the one in the IFOedit Q&A in the sticky threads!
Old 17th March 2003, 10:25   #6  |  Link
aquintar

Yes, it is and it's working too until you decide to divide your vob's across to DVD's. I'm still figuring out a solution to solve this problem.
aquintar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2003, 18:47   #7  |  Link
obitrok

thanks alot buddies. well, kinda missed it in the sticky thread. im kinda new to dvd authoring, its actually becoming somewhat like a hobby to me

cheers
obitrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2003, 19:26   #8  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by obitrok
im kinda new to dvd authoring, its actually becoming somewhat like a hobby to me
Very soon it'll turn into an obsession like the rest of us and you'll be checking in on these forum often, if not everyday, than you check your e-mail. LOL
Old 23rd March 2003, 05:04   #9  |  Link
nintndowth2contr

same problem i am having too, subtitles turning green.... let me explain what i did, and what i am doing....

I rippd saber marionette J disk 1 and because its in tv episodes style, i had to rip each episode (which was about 24 mins each), and put them in diffrent folders until i had 4 episodes on 4 folders.

next i created an ifo file, and ifoedit made an ifo file jus fine, and if i were to burn it onto a dvd, it would work jus fine, only the subtitles would turn bleeding GREEN.

I tried copyin the colors from the original IFO by selectin the copy colors and paste tab on the original ifo, but that changed the color from green to dark black. and the color didn't bleed, it was more like the orignal ifo's font.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT! I'M RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS.
nintndowth2contr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2003, 06:28   #10  |  Link
2COOL

Quote:
Originally posted by nintndowth2contr
I tried copyin the colors from the original IFO by selectin the copy colors and paste tab on the original ifo, but that changed the color from green to dark black. and the color didn't bleed, it was more like the orignal ifo's font.
Are you sure you're doing it right?

CORRECTING FUZZY GREEN SUBTITLES ON NEW IFO

To correct your subtitle in your newly create IFO, go to your ORIGINAL movie's IFO / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1. Go up into your "Subtitle color" and select "Copy Color from this PGC".
  • Tools__VOB Extras__Movie Only__Macrovision__DVDAuthor__Settings__Subtitle color
    ..................................................................................................Copy Color from this PGC
    ..................................................................................................Paste Colors into this PGC

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not close IFOedit at this time.

Now, go to your newly created IFO / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1. Again, go up into "Subtitle color" but select "Paste Colors into this PGC".

Your newly create IFO subtitles should now be the same as original.

Now, the only problem I see, since you combined your separate titleset VOBs (episodes), is that there's a chance that not all of them had the same subtitle colors.

Last edited by 2COOL; 26th August 2004 at 08:49.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2003, 08:57   #11  |  Link
nintndowth2contr

yea 2cool, i did the VERY EXACT thing you told me to do, but like i said before, it jus turns it from GREEN to BLACK, but the original IFO font is correct though. and u said its proablly because all the sub colors are diffrent? well, they are diffrent meaning like, when the narrator announces the title of every episode... the original dvd subs are green, then when a japanese sign is translated its in white color, and when people are talkin, its in yellow color. do you think thats what giving me the problem?

i dont know if this will help but i did use dvddecrypter and rippd ALL the files to my hd. so maby getting the ifo directly from the DVD would be better? thanks for your reply
nintndowth2contr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2003, 21:40   #12  |  Link
kenma

Quote:
Originally posted by 2COOL
CORRECTING FUZZY GREEN SUBTITLES ON NEW IFO

To correct your subtitle in your newly create IFO, go to your ORIGINAL movie's IFO / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1. Go up into your "Subtitle color" and select "Copy Color from this PGC".
  • Tools__VOB Extras__Movie Only__Macrovision__DVDAuthor__Settings__Subtitle color
    ..................................................................................................Copy Color from this PGC
    ..................................................................................................Paste Colors into this PGC

Note: Do not close IFOedit at this time.

Now, go to your newly created IFO / VTS_PGCITI / VTS_PGC_1. Again, go up into "Subtitle color" but select "Paste Colors into this PGC".

Your newly create IFO subtitles should now be the same as original.[/B]
I just found this posting regarding the "green subtitles error". Now I did it like told above copy/paste) and the subtitles are really back to white, but there is only english as subtitle available, nevertheless what I choose (german, englisch, french...) english subtitles are coming up!!! What do I have to do to fix it, to be able to choose the other languages again ?

Last edited by kenma; 18th August 2003 at 22:17.
kenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2003, 01:38   #13  |  Link
2COOL

@kenma

Just wanted to know how you are selecting your subtitles? Do you have a menu for it? If not, if your other subtitles exists, you have to use you remote's subtitle button to toggle. Check you movie's IFO / VTS Overview / Title Set (Movie) attributes for more than one subpictures just to confirm that there are more than one subtitle.
Old 19th August 2003, 09:56   #14  |  Link
kenma

@2COOL
For the first: I haven't burned it on DVD yet!
There is no menu for this DVD.
I'm testing all my DVDs on a Software-DVD-Player (CinePlayer) and there I can select all subtitles by its name and normally it comes up in the right language, but not after changing the color anymore...
I'll check what you described.
Old 19th August 2003, 11:53   #15  |  Link
kenma

Good Fellas

Something strange happens here!

I need to describe my project.

I joined the DVD10 of "Good Fellas" (german-version, original aspect ratio is 4:3) with VOBedit, to get the movie on one DVD without any breaks.

I reencoded the movie to aspect ratio 16:9 anamorphic to fit on a 4,3GB DVD-R with DVD2DVD-R.

The movie itself just plays fine but format is the stretched 4:3, so I needed to change the ifo-setting (vts_01_0.ifo) for the movie to play in 16:9 manually, then the movie plays in the correct 16:9 format, but the subtitles coming up in green.
When I did the change from 4:3 to 16:9 in IFOedit and afterwards the "subtitle color copy/paste" (VTS_PGCITI/VTS_PGC_1), the subtitle is white again, but the problem is that suddenly the subtitles are only in english available (not in the player's menu, in the menu all languages are selectable), but no matter what language (german or english or any other language) I choose in the dvd-player, the subtitle is only displaying in english.

When I do this:
Not to change the aspect ratio but the "subtitle color change" only the subtitles are playing in the right language and in white!
But then the aspcet ratio is not correct. No one wants to watch a movie with "egg-heads".
So, if I choose to change that "subtitle color" changed ifo and change the ratio to 16:9, the same error as described above: only english subtitle is display no matter what language you choose.

What's that ? How can i fix this ?

So I did another test, to change the "subtitle color" first and then the aspect ratio of the movie, and the subtitles were playing just fine (in white) and in the right language.