Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 14th March 2010, 14:02   #1  |  Link
Annatasia

Problem with ifo's in vobBlanker?

hi dear,

I am trying to import a DVD-5 into a DVD-9.
I have re-encoded with CCE.

I am getting a ifo problem.
What I need to do?

there are some audio attribute differents in stream 1, do you want to correct destination IFO's

Yes or no?

Annatasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 08:01   #2  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Obviously, you have re-encoded the AC3 audio stream too. That's not necessary IMO, and anyway, you should have specified to re-encode the audio in stereo instead of 5.1. The re-encoding process means an useless audio quality loss, and 5.1 takes more disc space than the original stereo stream, leaving less room for the video.
You should have de-muxed all streams with PgcDemux, re-encoded only the video stream with CCE, re-muxed with muxman, and imported the re-muxed title with VobBlanker or PgcEdit.
If you want to use your re-encoded title any way, you should answer yes to the VB dialogue. It will fix the IFOs so that the 5.1 stream is correctly referenced. (BTW, PgcEdit doesn't ask you that question as it fixes everything automatically any way.)

Note that you cannot fix the audio if you import a single PGC in a VTS containing several different titles. So, you have to be careful when you re-encode! I suggest to use DVD-Rebuilder for this kind of work, as it does everything automatically, it can use CCE to re-encode, and it works very well. However, IIRC, the version compatible with CCE is not free.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote