Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 30th October 2010, 20:48   #661  |  Link
GRKNGLR

I have AviSynth64 installed on my system but when I try to load a script on Veedub64, I receive an error which says I don't have "libfftw3l-3.dll".
Though I have downloaded the required files from ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.2.2-dll64.zip address and have placed them in my system32 folder, it's still the same. The script opens ok on Veedub64, but I can't take screenshots. BTW AvsP and AvsPmod never work. Is it because I have Avisynth64 installed? When I try to use FFT3DFilter, I receive an error saying that I don't have "FFTW3.dll". Though I have placed that folder in system32 adn SySWOW64, it is the same. What can I do?

Last edited by GRKNGLR; 30th October 2010 at 20:53.
GRKNGLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 22:04   #662  |  Link
soulkeeper

i use avisynth64 with mvtools2 x64(from the 1st post) in ffdshow in order to do frame interpolation...
there are 2 new versions of mvtools2 x86 since then (2.5.10.1 and 2.5.11) which contains important fixes for my use..
is it possible to have updated mvtools2 x64?

PS if i understand correctly each x64 plugin is "based" on it's x86 version and it's just ported to x64..

Thanks!
soulkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 01:40   #663  |  Link
Turtleggjp

I'm having trouble getting this to work in Windows XP x64. Scanning quickly through this thread, it seems that it should work. The error I'm getting when trying to open a simple script in 64-bit VirtualDub is: "AVI Import Filter error: (Unknown) (80040154)"

My script is pretty simple:

Code:
Version()
And it works if I use a 32-bit version of VirtualDub, so at least 32-bit AVISynth is installed. I get this same error in 32-bit VirtualDub if I uninstall AVISynth, so it seems that it is an indication that 64-bit VirtualDub can't locate the 64-bit AVISynth DLL, or the correct registry entries are not there. I've gone over the install procedure many times, and everything seems to be where it needs to be. I've tried doing a fresh install of XP x64, installing SP2, and running Windows Update (based on things I read earlier in this thread). If I had a copy of Windows 7 handy, I'd try that too, but I really don't want to run Windows 7 if I don't have to.

Here's some other info:
Core2 Duo 3.16 GHz
4GB memory
32-bit AVISynth version: 2.5.8 (no MT version, but I did try that too with no luck)
32-bit VirtualDub: 1.9.6 (works)
64-bit VirtualDub: 1.9.10

I'd appreciate your help. I'd really like to start using 64-bit x264 for my encodes. I have 64-bit DGNV Tools and 64-bit x264. 64-bit AVISynth is the last piece of my puzzle. Thanks!

Matt
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 03:42   #664  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Make sure that the avisynth and devil dlls are in the System32 folder and make sure you have run the registry file that came with the installer.

that should be a bare minimum for getting it to work at all.
then there's some extra stuff if you want to have an autoload directory for avisynth x86_64 like there is for the x86 one.

btw, this is what i did with Squid_80's x86_64 avisynth build long before JoshyD made this thread. I'm also on XP x86_64
Old 8th November 2010, 04:29   #665  |  Link
Turtleggjp

The files are there, and I had added the registry entries. I even went as far as to make copies of all the included DLL files and put them in the VirtualDub x64 folder. I noticed that once 32-bit AVISynth was installed, if I moved the avisynth.dll file out of the SysWOW64 folder, 32-bit VirtualDub would give the same error message. Putting the DLL file into the same folder as the 32-bit VirtualDub binary would allow it to work again. Having the DLL in there without having it installed did NOT work. That's what led me to think that in order to get the 64-bit version to work, there might be some additional registry entries that need to get added in. At least it is encouraging to know that it should work in XP x64.

Matt
Old 8th November 2010, 13:00   #666  |  Link
henryho_hk

You may need to correct the plugin path in registry manually coz it may be generated as "plugins 64" (yes, there is an extra space in between).
henryho_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 14:29   #667  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

the plugin path is only required to have the autoload plugin feature, it is not required to have avisynth work:
I've removed the plugindir2_5 registry entry because I find plugin autoloading annoying and avisynth still works here.

however, x264 does not rely on avisynth being registered in the registry to utilize it like apps that use it through VFW do (virtualdub).

so you should be able to use avisynth with x264 x86_64 as long as it and the devil dll are in your System32 folder (technically as long as they're in the PATH, but System32 would be the best spot).

though the fact that it doesn't work with virtualdub does make it harder to preview the script...

You will probably need to check and make sure the registry values went in correctly.

so manually open the 64bit regedit (NOT the 32bit version) (doing it from a standard x64 cmd prompt or the run command will be the correct one)
and verify that all the values in the registry file are actually in the registry.

all 3 values are important, the first is to register avs as an AVIFile (so anything that uses VFW api on it will try and use avisynth)
and the latter two are to register avisynth as a valid application/service per se - so the first value works.

if they are in correctly, then i'm not sure what the problem would be... all i could say at that point is "try the windows cure-all - restarting if you haven't already"
Old 8th November 2010, 15:25   #668  |  Link
Turtleggjp

When I've been running regedit, I have been doing so from the Run command in the start menu. It sounds like I was opening the right version. I had been checking to see if the registry entries were there, as well as trying to figure out exactly what they all meant.

I will try running 64-bit x264 on that version() script and see if that works.

@kermuri, have you installed SP2 and all the updates from Windows Update too?
Old 9th November 2010, 03:03   #669  |  Link
Turtleggjp

No go on x264:

Code:
D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>E:\Apps\x264.1745.x64.exe -o E:\apps\version.mp4 e:\apps\Version.avs
avs [error]: failed to load avisynth
x264 [error]: could not open input file `e:\apps\Version.avs'
I even tried putting all the DLLs right next to the x264 binary:

DirectShowSource.dll
MT.dll
avisynth.dll
DevIL.dll

with no change. These are the DLLs from the 8-29-10 release in this thread. @kermuri, what version are you using?
Old 9th November 2010, 04:29   #670  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

i have the 8-29-10 release.
i have SP2, tho i haven't done windows updates for about a month.

Strange, it should work with the scenario you're providing...

hmm... i have visual studio installed, do you have the visual studio 2008 runtime installed? this may be required...

overall, it does look like you can absolutely not use the avisynth.dll as it can't be loaded for some particular reason,
you can try a small test program that will actually output the error code from the loadlibrary call on it to see what the problem is (you'll likely need to google the error code).
I suspect that it may indeed be the visual studio 2008 runtime if you don't have it installed.
Old 9th November 2010, 06:18   #671  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Update:

I found a copy of Windows 7, and I installed 64-bit Ultimate version. No serial number, no activation, just installed it. The result: it worked! (yes, I'm angry. I don't want to have to run Windows 7 just for this)

I didn't copy any DLL files into the system32 folder or anything, I just used the copies that I had put in the folder with the x264 x64 binary. I came right back to XP x64, didn't change anything, just ran the same command from the command line, and it still doesn't work here.

I do not have Visual Studio 2008 anything installed. Is the runtime library you mentioned free to download? I have a feeling that may be the key to this...

EDIT: I think I found it here. I installed that, rebooted, and it still doesn't work. I'll see what I can find out with that last link you posted.

EDIT2:
Running the 64-bit version of that little program gives this:

Code:
E:\Apps>E:\Apps\testavsload64.exe
unable to load avisynth, error code = 14001
Running the 32-bit version gives this:

Code:
E:\Apps>"D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\testavsload32.exe"
can load avisynth without issues

Last edited by Turtleggjp; 9th November 2010 at 07:01.
Old 9th November 2010, 07:18   #672  |  Link
henryho_hk

Try installing those Visual Studio/C Redistributable 2005 2008 2010... SP1 SP2 SP3..... x86 x64.... etc.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:30   #673  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

hmm.
error 14001 that's a vague error that usually ends up referring to visual studio runtime/manifest issues.

hmm... ok, i did what i should've in the first place: run dumpbin/dependency walker on avisynth.dll and devil.dll and see what they're importing from other dlls.

results:
avisynth.dll itself does not require anything outside of normal windows libraries and devil.dll

devil.dll requires Microsoft visual studio 2005 runtime (the x64 version) to be installed in addition to normal windows libraries.

so install this

Last edited by kemuri-_9; 9th November 2010 at 14:32.
kemuri-_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 15:54   #674  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Ok, got it. I'll install that tonight when I get home. Hopefully that will do it then. Thanks so much for your help!
Old 9th November 2010, 22:39   #675  |  Link
Tuik

Hey people, can you give me some help?

Hey, i don't know what happen but now i'm getting this error when opening the avs script (a simple DirectShowSource("video.mkv")) on megui 64:

---------------------------
AviSynth error
AviSynth script error:

DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
(C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Encodes\script.avs, line 8)
OK

I'm using DirectShowSource with Haali Media Splitter and CoreAVC Pro installed.

Also i'm using avisynth64_4-16-10 version and in MPC x64 the movie opens well (not the .avs but the HD source since the .avs opened in MPC gives the same error). Maybe it's something wrong with avisynth no?
Tuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 02:21   #676  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemuri-_9 View Post
devil.dll requires Microsoft visual studio 2005 runtime (the x64 version) to be installed in addition to normal windows libraries.

so install this
SUCCESS!! That did it. I tried encoding my version.avs script using 64-bit x264, and it worked, just like in Windows 7 x64. I'm now going to do a clean install to see if SP2 and all the updates are necessary or not.

Perhaps this requirement should be added to the first page for those few others trying to run this on XP x64. Also, is it possible in the future that this requirement will be dropped? I can't exactly wave the bloatware flag over a little 3MB download, but it would be nice if this was no longer required, since it never has been for 32-bit AVISynth.

Thanks again Kemuri!

Matt

EDIT: After doing my clean resinstall, the first thing I did was install that runtime library (before drivers, updates, even 32-bit AVISynth). Once I did that, 64-bit x264 could use the 64-bit avisynth.dll, so it definitely seems that it is required for use in XP x64. Windows 7 didn't need it, and I did not test Vista.

Last edited by Turtleggjp; 10th November 2010 at 15:23.
Old 11th November 2010, 23:19   #677  |  Link
travolter

There is any bug with assumefps()?

Im trying to change fps and create slowmotion videos with assumefps(10) (I use this line in x86 and works), but its not working in avisynth x64 (the video is not slowed down.. its like it loses frames).

If its confirmed bug.. there is any workarround for continue working on x64 and do slowmotion?
travolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 18:43   #678  |  Link
henryho_hk

I've modified the install and uninstall cmd batches to fix the plugins64 directory name generation and tidy up the codes. Please enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z avs64_install_uninstall_cmd.7z (1.4 KB, 804 views)
Old 15th November 2010, 10:01   #679  |  Link
Hagbard23
23sKiDdOo!

@JoshyD: Is still something going on in here, or is it like you have no time to maintain the project any further? That would be a damn pity, because i really liked this project.

Please give a sign from yourself...
Hagbard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2010, 15:42   #680  |  Link
zmaster
nvidia user

Hi!

I just want to say that many users (myself included) eagerly awaiting the development branch x64 plugins. Current status makes the possibility of using AviSynth x64 somewhat limited.
zmaster is offline   Reply With Quote