Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 29th August 2010, 12:40   #2521  |  Link

@MOS

Cut it using the TS trim function.

@krosswindz

Adding handling for that is on my to-do list. For now, use DGIndex.

Last edited by Guest; 30th August 2010 at 12:39.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 02:15   #2522  |  Link
PzSniper

Is there any possibility to work with a Sky HD stream like this?

Or we can't coz says MPEG/AVC Video [Scrambled]
PzSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 09:21   #2523  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

No matter if a descrambler was legal or not - it would surely not be the purpose of DGDecNV.

But theoretically, CUDA might have some brute-force power to do it...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 13:38   #2524  |  Link
Groucho2004

I wonder how relevant the scores from this review are for the plain decoding duties that DGDecNV provides? Could the deinterlacing and/or resizing quality be different depending on the card (i.e. 210/220/240)?
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 16:15   #2525  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

maybe depending on the driver optimizations for each card...

Last edited by Sharktooth; 2nd September 2010 at 01:13.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 01:23   #2526  |  Link
PzSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
No matter if a descrambler was legal or not - it would surely not be the purpose of DGDecNV.

But theoretically, CUDA might have some brute-force power to do it...
Ah ok, but i've just asked hints on how to move to get this file readable, didn't said DGDecNV is good for that, so, can you tell me if there's any hope to open this .trp file aired from Sky HD and save hrs of googling?
PzSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 03:06   #2527  |  Link

It's off topic for this thread.
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:23   #2528  |  Link
gahz

Can anyone please help me out with a problem I seem to be having using megui and dgnv. I can't seem to get megui to have more than 1 item in the que or else it will crash. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but have no clue as to what I'm doing wrong. I have this same problem on 3 diff computers all with diff hardware. Anyway here are the steps I have taken.

1. reinstall win7 x64 (I have all 3 diff types of win 7, one type for each computer)
2. install windows patches, most current drivers, etc.
3. install haali and ffdshow tryouts beta + 64bit version also (though i have tried it without the 64 bit ffdshow and it made no diff)
4. install and patch megui.
5. load 1088 source into dgindexnv (auto crop to 1080), hit f4. dgindexnv spits out a script from the simple template I use:

LoadPlugin("c:\dgdecnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
dgsource("__vid__")

ok here's where the magic begins. There are a couple scenario's here:
1. if i uncheck "open preview after avisynth script selection", and then try to load my script megui will immidiatly crash

but if i put a check on that option so it does open a preview window megui will not crash and I will be able to hit enque without a hitch (99% of the time). The problem lies in if I want more than 1 job in the que. When hitting enque on the 2nd job i want to put in the batch megui will crash.

The reason why I'm asking on this post instead of the megui one (though I have pm'd zathor but I think he's busy lately as I have not gotten a reply) is because if I use megui's script creator I don't have these crash problems. I can load as many in the batch as I want that way. Again, I don't know what the problem is and I'm not saying that it's dgtools that is causing my frustrations. I just want some help from you bigger brain types
gahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 07:30   #2529  |  Link
gahz

*update on my problem

I tore one of my computer's down again to try and solve my problem. This time I didnt install haali or ffdshow. Seems to have partially fixed my problem. It still crashes when I have the open preview window checked off but if I have it on all my problems are gone. Now to figure out why I'm having issues after I install ffdshow and/or haali.
gahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 09:36   #2530  |  Link
Groucho2004

@gahz

DGDecodeNV has a peculiar behaviour when it comes to its interaction with AVISynth.
Reading the video properties either through VFW or the native AVISynth API without reading at least one frame can lead to a crash.

I don't know megui but my guess is that megui just reads the properties of a video without reading a single frame.
When you use the preview feature it obviously has to read at least one frame in which case it wouldn't crash.

I'm guessing here but this could certainly be the problem.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 5th September 2010 at 15:26.
Old 5th September 2010, 14:22   #2531  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahz View Post
*update on my problem

I tore one of my computer's down again to try and solve my problem. This time I didnt install haali or ffdshow. Seems to have partially fixed my problem. It still crashes when I have the open preview window checked off but if I have it on all my problems are gone. Now to figure out why I'm having issues after I install ffdshow and/or haali.
I cannot reproduce the problem but I have added as suggested above the reading of one frame.

Please try this build:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ncguc91wl326bxw
and report back if the problem is still there.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 15:01   #2532  |  Link

Thank you, Zathor, for your willingness to address possible incompatibilities. I'll test this build also, though I too have not had any problems.

May I ask if you tracked the process that Hank and I went through to get HCEnc working well with DGNV?

Specifically, are you following the rules for interacting with Avisynth as they have emerged as a result of that process? You can find technical details here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...87#post1422187

and in the HCEnc thread.
Old 5th September 2010, 15:27   #2533  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
@gahz

DGDecodeNV has a peculiar behaviour when it comes to it's interaction with AVISynth.
Reading the video properties either through VFW or the native AVISynth API without reading at least one frame can lead to a crash.

I'm guessing here but this could certainly be the problem.
This is highly unprobable: x264 reads the video properties before decoding any frames.
(I'm talking about x264's own avs demuxer, not any of those misc vfw4x264 or avs4x264 utilities that MeGUI plagues itself with)
by your logic here, x264 would ALWAYS crash when being used directly with DGNV.
as I have not seen any reports of behavior along these terms all this time, the problem likely lies within MeGUI.
Old 5th September 2010, 15:34   #2534  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemuri-_9 View Post
the problem likely lies within MeGUI.
I thought it was clear that I was referring to megui (I didn't even mention x264).

I never had any problems feeding scripts that use DGDecodeNV to x264.
Old 5th September 2010, 15:35   #2535  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

@kemuri-_9: i cant reproduce as well. however your logic is faulty. the problem has appened before with other softwares too. so megui is not directly responsible. however, if it's a problem in the avisynth interaction, as i said i cant reproduce so i cant fix it. but still other plugins work as expected... so, before saying it's a megui problem, check your logic, coz is COMPLETELY faulty.
Old 5th September 2010, 15:52   #2536  |  Link
Zathor

@neuron2:
I have tried to follow that discussion and had read the thread linked by Groucho2004. In my opinion the AviSynthWrapper.dll seems to be ok, but frankly speaking this part is out of my scope. I have only limited C++ knowledge and this is not enough to mess with the code. If you or someone else is willingly to have a look at the code it would be highly appreciated. This should be the required file:
http://megui.svn.sourceforge.net/vie...15&view=markup

@kemuri /Groucho2004 (and a little bit OT here):
I know that MeGUI has still several problems. Over the past months I have been able to fix some of them without introducing hopefully too much new problems. I have never said that I am a professional developer or that I claim to know everything. I am doing things within my scope in order to help the community and I won’t mess with things I do not understand (ok, in some cases I thought I understand it...). So if you have any advice (like get rid of avs4x264 for 64bit and do it with other methods) please do not hesitate. Without addressing problems it is impossible to evolve. In this specific case only addressing the problem is sadly not sufficient because – as said above – it is out of my scope.

Last edited by Zathor; 5th September 2010 at 16:16.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 17:40   #2537  |  Link

Thanks, Zathor, I'll have a look. That's exactly what Hank did too, BTW, i.e., referred his code to me for review and I modified it for him.

Your candid attitude about development and your capabilities is refreshing. Keep on, it's the only way to reach the level you'd like to attain. Surely, you will find only support and appreciation for what you (and Sharktooth) are doing.
Old 5th September 2010, 19:18   #2538  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

probably the issue is OS/settings/drivers/something dependant. otherwise it would be inexplicable. however it's too easy to point the finger and judge... until we dont find what's causing it i suggest everyone to think twice before speaking. this is the second time i have to speak about ppl saying "it's megui's fault"... megui is still open source and some of the ppl yelling against megui are even programmers... enough said.
there wont be a third time...
Old 7th September 2010, 12:16   #2539  |  Link
Rodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzSniper View Post
Is there any possibility to work with a Sky HD stream like this?

Or we can't coz says MPEG/AVC Video [Scrambled]
IŽd like to pick that up. I just found out, that there must have been changes in the Audio-Stream recognition.

In one and the same file build 2024 doesnt find anything and an older build (2009) easily finds two dolby digital audio streams.

So IŽd say changes made are not really good.....at least when it comes to this theme.
See the screenshot:

Any idea how to fix this in newer builds?

btw. source is a LEGAL RECORDING via Vantage HD7100s from Sky television GERMANY. (HD channel obviously)

Last edited by Rodger; 7th September 2010 at 12:19.
Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 14:48   #2540  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
Any idea how to fix this in newer builds?
Sure. You give me a link to a stream that does that and then I fix it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.