Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th May 2007, 18:39   #11  |  Link
spstax

Hi
I'd like to have some information about the capabilities of megui to directly convert a .dv (sony) into a .mkv(using of course the x264 codec and if possible a good aac audio compression).

I have already consulted the pages dedicated to the .dv ripping but I have not found the answers to my questions.
I really want to use Megui because it is the most powerful and comprehensive ripping program I know and because it uses the x264 codec which is for me the best video codec.

I know how to rip DVDs and re-encode videos but I have not found how to do so with a DV file. I have failed to find a solution with google that is why I ask it in this post.

The program refuses to process the .dv from the first step, when creating a avisynth script.

When I select the video input, the following message appears :

DIRECT SHOW ERROR
Unable to render the file.
You probably don't have the correct filters installed

My problem seems to be that this .dv is not readable by directshow, so avisynth cannot open it, and I should try to find a filter reading the .dv
I can't read these files with media player classic which uses the directshow filters (I have installed the K lite mega codec pack), although I can read them with VLC that uses built in filters.
so maybe could I find the proper filter in VLC and import it in Avisynth??

I have already tried to search for such a filter all over the internet but I have found nothing. All that I know is that the .dv video is coming from a sony handy cam.

To conclude:
- is the finding of a .dv directshow filter the proper solution, and if yes do such a filter exist or not?

Thanks answers of your answers