Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th August 2013, 15:18   #1  |  Link
VideoFanatic

Bluray players Incompatible with MutliAVCHD?

I'm making a Bluray (not an AVCHD disc) but I've heard that MultiAVCHD doesn't author a 100% compliant disc structure. Does anyone know of any Bluray players that don't play MultiAVCHD authored discs?

Somebody told me that this Bluray player wouldn't play discs until the firmware was updated: Panasonic DMP-BD30

Last edited by VideoFanatic; 30th August 2013 at 11:18.
VideoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 07:02   #2  |  Link
Wishbringer
Silent Reader

I had that player years ago (around 2008).
And was able to create some own menues with multiAVCHD, but had to check some options to get it to work.
Since then it could be that there were some Firmwareupdates and some Updates of multiAVCHD.
So I am not uptodate.
But it is possible generally.
Wishbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 08:29   #3  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Yes, the second and third generations of panasonics do not accept sometimes the output of multiAVCHD. It is however mainly related to the "strict policy" Matsushita had regarding the combination of codecs, optical media, framesizes and stuff, rather than with a wrong output of multiAVCHD. A pure BD output, from an reauthored original BD burned on a BDR has however a playback guarantee of more than 99%.
It happened to the first DVDplayers as well - they did not always accepted the burned DVDRs (it was considered to be a copyright infringement).

Tags
bluray, incompatible, mutliavchd, players