Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 9th June 2013, 22:36   #17401  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@AmigaFuture

Hi!
At the MakeMKV forums ("Blue-ray errors" and/or "General"), it's been noted in several different posts that the commercial "Finding Nemo" Blu-ray discs appear to suffer from flawed pressings...
I'm not familure with MakeMKV, however that's interesting. I've not noticed any flaws in A/V when watching my original (2 times) or my backups (Full Backup and Movie & Menus blanking extras) (several...with friends). Interesting to note, though, because though I haven't noticed it even in the extras doesn't mean it isn't there. I appreciate the note.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 9th June 2013 at 23:17.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 09:19   #17402  |  Link
colinhunt

BSOD again last night, after several successful backups. I don't understand this.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 10:25   #17403  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@colinhunt

I get your frustration. Did you remove all "metallic debris" from fans, RAM, chips? Check everything really well from an "explosion" like that. I mean, use a magnifying glass! If you're still using the same Motherboard and RAM.. Get the idea? :-)
BSOD is something to Notice; it's not BD-RB! Attention to the Blue message. It's not just "random characters". Nothing is random.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:04   #17404  |  Link
dt5

When I choose in the setup Chinese (chi) for audio and subtitles to keep then this does not work.
Isn't that the correct language?
dt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 12:12   #17405  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

There may be different labels for Chinese. For example the Dutch language also has 2 identifiers. Nld and dut.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 12:50   #17406  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
@colinhunt

I get your frustration. Did you remove all "metallic debris" from fans, RAM, chips? Check everything really well from an "explosion" like that. I mean, use a magnifying glass! If you're still using the same Motherboard and RAM.. Get the idea? :-)
I did not use a magnifying glass, but I did an otherwise careful job cleaning everything up. I'm using the same components (with the exception of a brand new PSU, of course) as I can't afford to buy new ones...
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 13:19   #17407  |  Link
dt5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
There may be different labels for Chinese. For example the Dutch language also has 2 identifiers. Nld and dut.
I know - for german there is 'deu' and 'ger'. And it is very irritating, that only deu works. But mkvtoolnix is using 'ger'.
But i didnt find another one for Chinese/Mandarin

Last edited by dt5; 10th June 2013 at 13:21.
dt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 16:05   #17408  |  Link
staina

So I'm a little tested and found out I'm as though problem evidently does not make BD Rebuilder, but TsMuxer. Problem featured in my threads above displays also at Blu-ray movies that the were to be trimming in TsMuxer without packing.

It is possible anyhow repair TsMuxer, to build in Blu-ray correctly? If Blu-ray built in TsMuxer yet process without compression only with remove some subtitles in DVDfab so result already this feature has not. Evidently some error at generation CLPI file.

Thank for nomenclature, help and pertinent correction problem in TsMuxer.
staina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 16:30   #17409  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by staina View Post
So I'm a little tested and found out I'm as though problem evidently does not make BD Rebuilder, but TsMuxer. Problem featured in my threads above displays also at Blu-ray movies that the were to be trimming in TsMuxer without packing.

It is possible anyhow repair TsMuxer, to build in Blu-ray correctly? If Blu-ray built in TsMuxer yet process without compression only with remove some subtitles in DVDfab so result already this feature has not. Evidently some error at generation CLPI file.

Thank for nomenclature, help and pertinent correction problem in TsMuxer.
If you're talking about your earlier posts -- it is very unlikely that a picture flaw like you described could be caused by TSMUXER. It is much more likely that you have some "codec packs" or other software that is interfering with the decoding.

TSMuxer builds correctly. I've personally used it on thousands of builds. I can't speak to trimming -- as I never use it (and neither does BD-RB).

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th June 2013 at 16:33.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 02:09   #17410  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Auto Crop Black Borders?

Not sure if this is a bug, or just my needing a better understanding of this option...

Doing Alt Movie only, MKV 1920x1080.... I converted a few movies without "auto crop black borders" set. The output files looked as expected, and appeared to have the black borders as part of the files. So I set the option for "auto crop" and encoded.

I did Star Trek 4 - The Voyage Home, its source M2TS was 1920x1080 with top and bottom black bars in the M2TS. Its output MKV was what I expected... 1920x818 with no black bars.

Then I did Star Trek 6 - The Undiscovered Country, when I look at the source main M2TS from the disc, its the same 1920x1080, and has black bars top and bottom only, so I expected the output MKV to be 1920 by something. Instead the output MKV was 1596x818, and the sides are definitely cropped off.

So does this sound like a bug and something I should post logs for? or is there an explanation for what happened?

Last edited by Mark_Venture; 11th June 2013 at 02:13.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 02:48   #17411  |  Link
gonca

@Mark_Venture
It's possible that the section sampled for cropping was dark on the left and right side fooling the software into assuming black bars. As far as cropping BD's, you might be saving less than 1% of the final size.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 02:51   #17412  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Not sure if this is a bug, or just my needing a better understanding of this option...

Doing Alt Movie only, MKV 1920x1080.... I converted a few movies without "auto crop black borders" set. The output files looked as expected, and appeared to have the black borders as part of the files. So I set the option for "auto crop" and encoded.

I did Star Trek 4 - The Voyage Home, its source M2TS was 1920x1080 with top and bottom black bars in the M2TS. Its output MKV was what I expected... 1920x818 with no black bars.

Then I did Star Trek 6 - The Undiscovered Country, when I look at the source main M2TS from the disc, its the same 1920x1080, and has black bars top and bottom only, so I expected the output MKV to be 1920 by something. Instead the output MKV was 1596x818, and the sides are definitely cropped off.

So does this sound like a bug and something I should post logs for? or is there an explanation for what happened?
Unfortunately the autocropping doesn't seem to be very accurate. I'll look at it and see what can be done.
Old 11th June 2013, 04:22   #17413  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Unfortunately the autocropping doesn't seem to be very accurate. I'll look at it and see what can be done.
Would be difficult to implement a visual preview to confirm?
Dark movies are the most troublesome, dark scenes are detected as sidebars.
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 05:07   #17414  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneca View Post
Would be difficult to implement a visual preview to confirm?
Dark movies are the most troublesome, dark scenes are detected as sidebars.
THe best option I can think of, would be to measure the black bars (and or video), and instruct rebuilder to crop that particular size. Because even making a calculation based on aspect ratio may not be spot on (Decimals). For example, you could tell rebuilder that the finished frame height should be 840Px high, thereby cutting 120 off the top, and 120 off the bottom. Seems like this would be the most error proof to me But I'm certainly no coder.
Old 11th June 2013, 05:27   #17415  |  Link
AmigaFuture

A sampling like what AutoGK does for DVD's to AVI/DivX/XviD would be a good idea...? It samples small bits of the entire video to get the right cropping digits. How exactly, I'm not sure. I've never seen a bad crop with whatever method was used with it. That might also prove helpful for movies like, The Matrix... For what it's worth. :-)
Old 11th June 2013, 18:53   #17416  |  Link
amidlad

Hi,

Having trouble with Wreck it Ralph, after several failed attempts - can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong ? and provide me some guidance as normally I have no problems

Thanks !

----------------------
[06/11/13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.06 (beta)
[18:32:42] Source: WRECK_IT_RALPH_00800
- Input BD size: 24.23 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:41:13.525]
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: iPad MP4 HD, 1280x720, 128Kbs AAC
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[18:32:42] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [18:32:42] Processing: VID_00875 (1 of 57)
- [18:32:42] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00875]
- Extracting A/V to M2TS [VID_00875]
- Extracting A/V from M2TS [VID_00875]
- [18:44:17] Reencoding video [VID_00875]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,313 frames
- [18:44:17] Reencoding: VID_00875, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.44.06 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[18:44:24] - Failed video encode, aborted

Last edited by amidlad; 11th June 2013 at 18:55.
amidlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 19:18   #17417  |  Link
jdobbs

@amidlad

I'd recommend you uninstall/reinstall FFDSHOW, HAALI, and AVISYNTH. If you have any "codec packs" -- remove those first, FFDSHOW has all the CODECs anyone needs. Sometimes other software will impolitely intercept or interfere with the CODECs -- and not even inform you it is doing so. When all the reports say "ok" -- that's usually the issue.
Old 13th June 2013, 00:37   #17418  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuidler v0.44.14 (beta)

I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the most recent version of BD-RB (v0.44.14). Changes for this release:
Code:
- Changed the hidden setting MKV_MUXSUPS so that
  "ON" is now the default.
- Removed opencl.dll from the TOOLS folder, with
  the latest release of X264 it is no longer 
  needed.
- Added a new resizing option, 720p-->1080p in
  the SETUP dialog.
- Added two new hidden options "DOWNRESIZE" and
  "UPRESIZE" enables you to choose an alternate 
  resizing algorithm to be used when video is 
  being made smaller or larger.  See the file
  HIDDENOPTS.TXT for details.
- Fixed an error in which encoding was not being
  forced for 3D conversion, as it should, because 
  a source is already small enough.
- Corrected overall progress indicator for pass
  two of 3D encoding.
- Fixed an issue in which PSEUDO sources may not
  be forced to be reencoded when BD-25 output is
  selected.
- Corrected an issue in which aspect ratio could
  be incorrectly set on some imported sources
  with odd height/width settings.
- Added code so that chaptering is now enabled 
  for iPhone/iPad output.  These products do not
  use standard MP4 chaptering.
- Disabled open GOPs when outputting to Level 4.1
  supporting iPads, iPhones & iPods.  This should
  result in better seeking during playback.
- Added the ability to browse for and use the 
  Nero AAC encoder for ALTERNATE output in the 
  SETUP dialog -- for those who prefer it over 
  FAAC. The Nero encoder is not included in BD-RB 
  and must be installed separately.
- Corrected an anomaly that could result in zero
  titles selected and a "Runtime Error 76" during 
  import of a DVD.
- Updated the included version of MP4BOX to the
  latest revision (v0.5.0)
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Old 13th June 2013, 01:00   #17419  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

about that neroaacenc audio coder. You may be able to include it. Nero is offering the codec themselves for free. http://www.nero.com/enu/company/about-nero/nero-aac-codec.php. They only need an email to download it (and don't even check if its a real one, the download link appears and download starts after entering one. It's not mailed. I enter "none@ofyourbusiness.com" as always . Don't like giving such companies my mail ^^)
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 01:31   #17420  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
about that neroaacenc audio coder. You may be able to include it. Nero is offering the codec themselves for free. http://www.nero.com/enu/company/about-nero/nero-aac-codec.php. They only need an email to download it (and don't even check if its a real one, the download link appears and download starts after entering one. It's not mailed. I enter "none@ofyourbusiness.com" as always . Don't like giving such companies my mail ^^)
Yes, it is free -- and anyone can download it. But here is a quote from the Nero AAC Encoder End User Agreement:
Quote:
This License does not provide any rights to reproduce and/or distribute this software package in whole or in any part.
That's pretty clear.