Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd April 2007, 15:17   #61  |  Link
olivierdb

@wolly6973: In your Video_Only.avs file, please replace:

Directshowsource("C:\Path to Video GRF file\Video_Only.GRF", fps=23.976, audio=false, seekzero=false, seek=true).trim(0,3000)

with:

Directshowsource("C:\Path to Video GRF file\Video_Only.GRF", fps=23.976, audio=false, seekzero=false, seek=true, framecount=xxxx)

and replace "xxxx" with the amount of calculated frames obtained from EVO Demux.

If that doesn't work, please copy-paste the information pertaining to the audio stream you're using from EVO Demux. Also, please open a Dos window (Run>cmd), type the following:

cscript wmcmd.vbs -a_codecs

and copy-paste the results to this thread along with the wmcmd.bat script you're using.
olivierdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:35   #62  |  Link
wolly6973

I tried encoding the video separately.So right now the problem is that there is no length. I haven't gotten around to encoding the audio yet. I was planning on muxing them eventually.

I got my video to start encoding, but I got this...

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

ContextException thrown by BaseCertificate::GetField [.\BaseCertificate.cpp:903] with context
Field
SAR_FeatureValue
not found in certificate
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Certificates8\cp42ppg.rxc

ContextException thrown by BaseCertificate::GetField [.\BaseCertificate.cpp:903] with context
Field
SAR_FeatureValueMask
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_FeatureDisplayName
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_PermissionToLaunch_Activation
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_TrialNagDelay
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_TrialNagFirstDelay
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_ActivationValidityOffset
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_ActivationValidityStartDate
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_HTMLFolderName
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_HTMLFolderName_Reg
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_DialogWidth
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_DialogHeight
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_ProductDisplayName
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_EnhancedProductDisplayName
not found in certificate

Field
SAR_ActivationMode
not found in certificate

Microsoft (R) Windows Media Encoder Command Line Script Utility
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Warning: Encoder failed to retrieve duration attribute from source plug-in.
Trying alternate method now................................

Warning: Encoder failed to retrieve source duration again.
Encode process might not continue or progress report may be inaccurate.

It is encoding right now and I think it will work. I read in another thread that I just need to run it through WMStreameditor to get the length and seek to work. Here are my results from the codec search

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Audio Codecs:
CBR Audio Mode :
[0] WMASTD : Windows Media Audio 9.2
[1] WMSP : Windows Media Audio Voice 9
[2] WMAPRO : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional
[3] PCM : None (PCM)

Peak Bit Rate-Based VBR Audio Mode :
[1] WMAPRO : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional

Quality-Based VBR Audio Mode :
[2] WMALSL : Windows Media Audio 9.2 Lossless

Bit Rate-Based VBR Audio Mode :

This is my video avs...
Directshowsource("C:\Video_Only.GRF", fps=23.976, audio=false, framecount = 160000, seekzero=false, seek=true)

Does it matter what order things are in?

My grf right now
filesource(async) -> Sonic hd demuxer -> Sonic Cinemaster Video Decoder 4.2 -> Null renderer(on cc out)

My wmcmd script(for video only)...
cscript.exe "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\wmcmd.vbs" -input "C:\Video_Only.avs" -output "C:\OK.wmv" -v_codec WVC1 -videoonly -v_mode 0 -v_bitrate 8000000 -v_preset better -v_buffer 60000 -v_quality 100

Another quick question... How do I know if I am encoding to 1080p/i or 720p?

Last edited by wolly6973; 23rd April 2007 at 17:37.
wolly6973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:56   #63  |  Link
olivierdb

@wolly6973: I had those same error messages when using Sonic Video Decoder. I reported that problem but am still awaiting a response! I recommend you use InterVideo Video Decoder (which installs with WinDVD 8). Everything else you've done seems fine to me!

To know if you've encoded to 1080 or 720, you may use VirtualDub: Open your .avs file in VirtualDub and select File>Info.
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:18   #64  |  Link
wolly6973

I switched to intervideo's decoder and demuxer...At first it says it can't find duration..trying alternate method. Then it says that the duration is only 10 seconds!! It is wierd though because it continues to encode after the 10 seconds are done, but it no longer gives me the progress. Also, what kind of encoding speeds are normal? For those 10 seconds my speed was only around 0.1x. I have an athlon 64 3500+ and 1.5gb ram.

Last edited by wolly6973; 23rd April 2007 at 18:33.
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:46   #65  |  Link
olivierdb

@wolly6973: Try using either framecount=3000 or .trim(0,3000) as shown above to encode just the first few minutes of your movie. It shouldn't take long too encode.
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:55   #66  |  Link
wolly6973

It doesn't matter what I put as a framecount, it still says that it can't find duration, tries the alternate method, and finds 10 seconds! Any ideas?
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:21   #67  |  Link
olivierdb

Does your video (.avs) play in WMP or VirtualDub? In VirtualDub, check the file length.
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:36   #68  |  Link
wolly6973

It will not play in WMP. It plays in virtualdub, but it is very slow and choppy. It reports the correct number of frames in virtualdub(I tried the original 160000 and 3000).
Old 23rd April 2007, 20:26   #69  |  Link
vitodeluca

hey there wally-
Are you using an h264 source? just wondering. Not cyber-eave's drop, but I had that same thing happen when I tried to encode (the 10 seconds length reported). This is not a problem as the program continues to run and the encode finishes. As far as the playback goes, it could just be that your computer is slow and choking on the VC1. I also notice you don't have any resize paramters in your command line, so you most likely encoded to 1080p, which can be hard for any but the fastest computers. Have you tried streaming it yet? You also might want to get rid of the v_buffer value in your command line, if you look in the thread about wmcmd in the new and alternative video codecs section it is discussed. Also, ditch the null renderer in your graph, all you need is the video decoder.

I would also like to share some of my experiences with everyone. I attempted to rip Equilibrium HDDVD and have discovered the following:

-When using a h264 encoded source, evodemuxer will give you files with the incorrect length. I tried a million different ways to handle the output demuxed video, and the length was always wrong. The way around this is to demux-> rebuild evo with single audio track-> open evo in graphedit and graph with evo-> sonic hd demultiplexer-> sonic video decoder (don't do anything with the audio) and use that as your avs source. When you check that avs in virtual dub for some reason it reports it correctly. There still seems to be a problem demuxing certain evobs, especially those in H264.

-DD+ sound to 6 channels: this is not very well documented in any one place, but as far as I can tell from reading through numerous threads on this board, graphedit and all available filters performance on rendering this to true 6 channel output as an input to the command line encoder is spotty at best. The best option I found was to simply demux the audio, use the tool called EAC3TOAC3 (check the evob muxer/demultiplexer thread) to create 6 mono wavs from the file, then input those into wmencoder to get the audio. When you use the command line, simply use the -video_only option to reencode the video, and then use wmmuxer to mux the video and audio. If you try and output 6 channels using graphedit in won't work, not really sure why. Something about the windows media .dll's not playing nice with sonic audio decoder or something.

I hope these things help, as this information is the result of hours of banging my head against a wall.

Last edited by vitodeluca; 23rd April 2007 at 20:43.
vitodeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 20:45   #70  |  Link
wolly6973

Just to let you know it is h264. I am letting the encode run it's course while I go to work to see what I get.
@ vitodeluca - Thanks for the info, I will see what I can do with it when I return this evening.

Last edited by wolly6973; 23rd April 2007 at 20:57.
Old 24th April 2007, 02:33   #71  |  Link
wolly6973

My 3000 frames encoded fine. So I have made progress. I am trying what you suggested vitodeluco and will let you know what happens.
Old 24th April 2007, 02:43   #72  |  Link
wolly6973

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivierdb View Post
@wolly6973:

To know if you've encoded to 1080 or 720, you may use VirtualDub: Open your .avs file in VirtualDub and select File>Info.
What parameters am I looking at in the info to know what format I'm in?
Old 24th April 2007, 04:03   #73  |  Link
vitodeluca

If you put the file in "my videos" it will tell you the dimensions as well. Just right click on the bar at the top to add parameters you want to see.
Old 24th April 2007, 12:14   #74  |  Link
wolly6973

Ok, it is in 1920x1088.How do I know if that is 1080i or p? I tried your method of rebuilding with one audio track...If I use the sonic codecs I get all those Content Exceptions from my previous post, and it does the 10 second thing. With Intervideo I only get the 10 seconds, but no no content exceptions. It is still working on encoding the whole movie.

Last edited by wolly6973; 24th April 2007 at 13:57.
Old 24th April 2007, 17:12   #75  |  Link
vitodeluca

It's definitely p- the only way it would be interlaced is if you added that option into your command line to interlace it. As far as the exceptions, don't worry about them. The other thing I was going to mention is that you might have the correct length output file but your video might hang partway through. I always check the length of the video only avs first before encoding.
Old 25th April 2007, 01:07   #76  |  Link
wolly6973

So how long should this encoding be taking? My file size right now is 2 Gb and it has been encoding for about 22 hrs. I have an athlon 64 3500+.
Old 26th April 2007, 19:00   #77  |  Link
bluesk1d
Uber n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
It doesn't matter what I put as a framecount, it still says that it can't find duration, tries the alternate method, and finds 10 seconds! Any ideas?
I'm not sure if you have figured this out already or not but when I had this problem it was due to the renderer being attached to the video output pin on my graph. The graph has to have an open video out pin at the end of the chain for Avisynth to connect to.
bluesk1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 20:17   #78  |  Link
wolly6973

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesk1d View Post
I'm not sure if you have figured this out already or not but when I had this problem it was due to the renderer being attached to the video output pin on my graph. The graph has to have an open video out pin at the end of the chain for Avisynth to connect to.
I don't think that's the problem, there is a renderer on the line 21 output, but the video out is open. It will also encode the movie, I just don't get a progress or speed report after it does the 10 seconds.

BTW, it's been about 50 hrs encoding and it's still going. I think it is time to upgrade the processor! Does anyone know which is better; a big honkin single core, or a decent dual core?
Old 26th April 2007, 22:53   #79  |  Link
bluesk1d
Uber n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
BTW, it's been about 50 hrs encoding and it's still going. I think it is time to upgrade the processor! Does anyone know which is better; a big honkin single core, or a decent dual core?
Check out http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html. Tom's hardware is the place for hardware performance info. Look at some of the CPU tests that involve encoding. Its the best way to find the best bang for your buck for what you want to use it for.
bluesk1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2007, 04:52   #80  |  Link
wolly6973

Thanks for the info bluesk1d. Defintely looks like dual core is the way to go. The price is falling pretty fast right now so I think I'll wait a little longer though.
Encoding still going...getting close to 60 hrs. I will be leaving for the weekend, hopefully it will be done when I get back!