Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 22nd June 2007, 14:25   #181  |  Link
pneffkell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemano View Post
Finally the 5 day wait is over.

I got a problem. I'm trying to follow the directions of OliverDB on the bottom of the first page. I got all of the programs I need.

The Video_only.avs plays great in WMP, but when I try to play the audio_only.avs it brings up this:

It plays fine in graphedit. This is what it looks like:

Here's what it says:Feature 1 Feature 2DD+.Stream.00.dts->Intervideo Audio Decoder->Default Directsound Device

Anyone know what the problem is?
Take the default direct show devise off.
pneffkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:16   #182  |  Link
NHRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTekAlex View Post
NHRaider, I have done a number of TMPGenc Xpress 4.0 DVD encodes into WMV with WMA10 Pro 5.1 soundtrack. There is no 2-channel limitation that I can see, at least not for Windows Media formats.
yeah...they will output the same to all channels...they are not licenced for true 5.1..

You get 6 channel...too bad they are all the same.

That is one reason why I dumped using this tool.
NHRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:58   #183  |  Link
Danthemano

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneffkell View Post
Take the default direct show devise off.
I still get the same thing. Should I post my .avs files?
Danthemano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 16:23   #184  |  Link
pneffkell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthemano View Post
I still get the same thing. Should I post my .avs files?
I use a file extension of .ddp and also use the Sonic cinemaster filters. In Graphedit click on the play button and you should get sound.

I personally dont use this technique because you only get two channel audio.
pneffkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:31   #185  |  Link
Danthemano

I don't get any sound if I click play. Is there a better extensions to do this with and get it to work?
Old 23rd June 2007, 04:46   #186  |  Link
wolly6973

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
I thank you guys for all the work you have been putting into this, but I have another ?

I have encoded 3 wmv hd movies now. The 4th that I am now working on is Babel. I thought that I had the process down, I am using the same batch file, just changing the grf and output name, but the movie file is getting huge! I have been through it several times and each time it is going to end up being 40+ gigs! My other movies were only around 10g, and there is no way that this film is 4x longer. What is going on?
Could this be due to the fact that babel is an h264 movie? I believe that all the other smaller files were vc1.
wolly6973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 06:28   #187  |  Link
HiTekAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRaider View Post
yeah...they will output the same to all channels...they are not licenced for true 5.1..

You get 6 channel...too bad they are all the same.

That is one reason why I dumped using this tool.
NHRaider - that's simply incorrect. I am playing a movie with WMA10 Pro 5.1 track through my Xbox 360 extender right as we speak. I can hear it pefrectly - each channel gets its own soundtrack, they are not the same.

TMPGX4 decodes AC3 audio from a DVD and re-encodes it into 5.1 or 7.1 WMA audio just fine. I am not the only one doing this - take a look at this thread on DVD-WMV forum:

http://www.dvd-wmv.com/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=9

I think the 2-channel issue comes into play when creating a MPEG2/DVD videos. There are no special licenses required for 5.1 or 7.1 WMA audio.
HiTekAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:07   #188  |  Link
olivierdb

@Danthemano: Daniel,

1) Make sure you are using the DTS/AC3/DD+ filter for your source file and not File (Async)
2) Use the extension .ddp for your DD+ audio file
3) Try removing the "Default DirectSound Device" filter and playing again in WMP

If all this still doesn't work, pls copy-paste your Audio_Only.avs file.
olivierdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:14   #189  |  Link
Danthemano

Thanks for the quick replies.

It still doesn't work.

Directshowsource("C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel L.DANIEL\Desktop\COM\Audio_only.GRF" ,audio=true,video=false)
Old 23rd June 2007, 19:53   #190  |  Link
olivierdb

Sounds like your install of InterVideo could be corrupt! Can you play the HD-DVD movies with InterVideo without any problems?

I suggest you give Sonic Audio Decoder a try in place of InterVideo.
olivierdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 19:59   #191  |  Link
Danthemano

No, I don't have an HDCP video card. Should I just reinstall it or something?
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:42   #192  |  Link
NHRaider

Quote:
NHRaider - that's simply incorrect. I am playing a movie with WMA10 Pro 5.1 track through my Xbox 360 extender right as we speak. I can hear it pefrectly - each channel gets its own soundtrack, they are not the same.

TMPGX4 decodes AC3 audio from a DVD and re-encodes it into 5.1 or 7.1 WMA audio just fine. I am not the only one doing this - take a look at this thread on DVD-WMV forum:

http://www.dvd-wmv.com/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=9

I think the 2-channel issue comes into play when creating a MPEG2/DVD videos. There are no special licenses required for 5.1 or 7.1 WMA audio.
Well...I have specifically tested and found this to be true and I have spoken to TMPGEnc directly...Their tech support etc. They are NOT licensed and the DO NOT output 5.1 or 7.1. Your AV system is generating SIMULATED 5.1, etc.

I am not mistaken since I went through many cycles with the company...If you feel comfortable that you are getting more than stereo then don't sweat it. They are not licensed and have no plans for it. WMV is the only output format that doesn't generate an error when you select more than stereo...but it's SIMULATED.\
Old 23rd June 2007, 23:03   #193  |  Link
HiTekAlex

Quote:
Well...I have specifically tested and found this to be true and I have spoken to TMPGEnc directly...Their tech support etc. They are NOT licensed and the DO NOT output 5.1 or 7.1. Your AV system is generating SIMULATED 5.1, etc.

I am not mistaken since I went through many cycles with the company...If you feel comfortable that you are getting more than stereo then don't sweat it. They are not licensed and have no plans for it. WMV is the only output format that doesn't generate an error when you select more than stereo...but it's SIMULATED.\
It's not just me - there are other people who have confirmed they're getting 5.1 channels with TMPGX4. My experience is exactly the same.

Quote:
> dharlow wrote:
> Are you sure you are getting 5.1 as from their website they say "Dolby Digital
> with 5.1 channels or other multi-channel sources will be encoded into 2 channels."
>
> Daniel

Absolutely getting 5.1 channels. What they refer to with that comment is when I take a 5.1 audio source, the AC3 codec in the program can only write to 2 channels when creating a MPEG2 file/DVD. When creating a WMV file the WMV/WMA encoder however can write to 5.1 channels (from memory 7.1 actually).

I have confirmed this on my Xbox 360 Media Center Extender (which on the fly converts back to DD 5.1), as well as natively from a Windows PC outputting over coax digital to a Pioneer amp with native WMA Pro audio support.

Regards,
Shane.
I am not even sure what "simulated" 5.1 means. My A/V reciever is getting native 5.1 digital feed from Xbox, it doesn't do any further conversion. I have compared the audio from original DVD source to what I am getting with WMA10Pro 5.1 - my ears can't tell the difference.

Sorry if your experience is different.
HiTekAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 22:15   #194  |  Link
NHRaider

Quote:
It's not just me - there are other people who have confirmed they're getting 5.1 channels with TMPGX4. My experience is exactly the same.

I am not even sure what "simulated" 5.1 means. My A/V reciever is getting native 5.1 digital feed from Xbox, it doesn't do any further conversion. I have compared the audio from original DVD source to what I am getting with WMA10Pro 5.1 - my ears can't tell the difference.

Sorry if your experience is different.
Your ears may not be able to tell the difference but the company is specifically saying that it isn't 5.1. As I stated earlier, just be aware that you are not getting the direct AC3 5.1 that you are expecting. The purpose for this information is to raise a concern which I suspect is important - especially when spending 20+ hours encoding the video. You may want to go the mono channel then Stream Edit approach.

From TMPGEnc directly:

"Hi,

Thank you for the screen shots, however, as I have stated before our software does not have the license to create 5.1 ch audio. For WMV 6 ch even though it shows 6 channel, it is not true surround 5.1 ch. Our software does not have the included tools to specify which audio track goes with what channel so it only outputs to stereo/simulated surround. If you would like to have 5.1 for AVI then I recommend doing a separate AC3 encode with another software that allows you to set specifically 5.1 ch then multiplex this file to your AVI file. You may see the list show AC3 with 5.1 ch option but this will not encode to 5.1. Our software simply received this list from Dolby digital but we do not have the license to create the 5.1 ch.

XXXX
TMPG Support
tmpgenc-e@pegasys-inc.com"
Old 30th June 2007, 21:12   #195  |  Link
schizosmurf

ok, got to the point of running my .bat file, and got several errors... all of which are prolly attributed to running Vista x64, so looking for some help to help me figure out exactly what i need to change

bat file contents:
eac3to.exe "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.00.ddp" "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wav"
tranzcode.exe "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wav"
wavavimux -o audio.avi -iwav 6 output-FL.wav output-FR.wav output-C.wav output-LFE.wav output-SL.wav output-SR.wav -mask 63
cscript.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Components\Encoder\wmcmd.vbs" -input "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\Video_Only.avs" -a_input "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\audio.avi" -output "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wmv" -v_bframedist 1 -v_bdeltaqp 1 -v_mslevel 1 -v_codec wvc1 -v_keydist 3 -v_mode 2 -v_quality 96 -v_mmatch 0 -v_msrange 0 -v_performance 20 -v_loopfilter 1 -a_codec wmapro -a_setting 384_48_6_16

Errors:

C:\Users\schizosmurf>eac3to.exe "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\PEVOB_1_PEVOB
_2.DD+.stream.00.ddp" "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wav"
'eac3to.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\schizosmurf>tranzcode.exe "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wav
"
'tranzcode.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\schizosmurf>wavavimux -o audio.avi -iwav 6 output-FL.wav output-FR.wav
output-C.wav output-LFE.wav output-SL.wav output-SR.wav -mask 63
'wavavimux' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\schizosmurf>cscript.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Component
s\Encoder\wmcmd.vbs" -input "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\Video_Only.avs" -
a_input "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\audio.avi" -output "G:\MATRIX_RELOADE
D_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wmv" -v_bframedist 1 -v_bdeltaqp 1 -v_mslevel 1 -v_codec
wvc1 -v_keydist 3 -v_mode 2 -v_quality 96 -v_mmatch 0 -v_msrange 0 -v_performan
ce 20 -v_loopfilter 1 -a_codec wmapro -a_setting 384_48_6_16
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.7
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Error: Cannot initialize Windows Media Encoder object. Please verify that
Windows Media Encoder 9 Series is correctly installed on your system.
If running 64-bit Windows, make sure that the version of cscript.exe used
corresponds to the version (x86/x64) of WME9 installed on your system.
schizosmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2007, 21:42   #196  |  Link
schizosmurf

ok, i changed everything in my .bat to show full path so i'm makin some progress, but still got errors.

C:\Users\schizosmurf>G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\wmv2.bat

C:\Users\schizosmurf>G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\eac3to.exe "G:\MATRIX_REL
OADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.00.ddp" "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDV
D\HVDVD_TS\output.wav"
E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 2:18:15, 640kbit/s, 48khz
Muxing eac3 file to raw. Please wait...
Getting "Dump" instance failed.

C:\Users\schizosmurf>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\tranzcode.exe "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD
\HVDVD_TS\output.wav"
Error: Unable to open file: G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wav

C:\Users\schizosmurf>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Components\Tools\WAVA
VIMUX\wavavimux" -o audio.avi -iwav 6 output-FL.wav output-FR.wav output-C.wav o
utput-LFE.wav output-SL.wav output-SR.wav -mask 63
Cant open File output-FL.wav

C:\Users\schizosmurf>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Win
dows Media Components\Encoder\wmcmd.vbs" -input "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_
TS\Video_Only.avs" -a_input "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\audio.avi" -outpu
t "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wmv" -v_bframedist 1 -v_bdeltaqp 1 -
v_mslevel 1 -v_codec wvc1 -v_keydist 3 -v_mode 2 -v_quality 96 -v_mmatch 0 -v_ms
range 0 -v_performance 20 -v_loopfilter 1 -a_codec wmapro -a_setting 384_48_6_16

Audio Input Error: 0x35 - File not found

C:\Users\schizosmurf>
Old 3rd July 2007, 23:04   #197  |  Link
Dawg

Jeesus this thread has taken some duck's and dives's! been reading it since it started with a lot of hope it would answer my questions but to no joy, Tangents an all that.
Am i the only person that thinks this should be easyer?
To be honest this has been a lot of help but I think I am in a small minority of people who do not want to run scripts and stuff so I have purchased wmea, I have managed to rip my HDDVD's from my 360, (not as easy as 'just plug the HDDVD drive into usb') and I have used evodemux to get the mpv/mpa files. According to the 'Blog' I should be able to add the source files and output a wmv9 with 5.1 but all i get is, 'a drm profile has not been set for the Blah Blah Blah' I have googled this and searched this forum but there has been no real answer.
I have installed the codecs for MPV/MPA using the RUN command and both files said 'success' adding them but I cannot get the video or audio to play in WMP 11, this is the first thing support at wmea are going to say!
I am running my wmv's on a hard drive connected to my second 360 so file size is not an issue.
I would also like to know if I need all of the DD files when ripping? I have 4 streams for my audio but I can only add 1 into wmea?

I know this has gone on a while so hope someone else can benefit from my questions????
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 12:48   #198  |  Link
NHRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizosmurf View Post
ok, i changed everything in my .bat to show full path so i'm makin some progress, but still got errors.

C:\Users\schizosmurf>G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\wmv2.bat

C:\Users\schizosmurf>G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\eac3to.exe "G:\MATRIX_REL
OADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.00.ddp" "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDV
D\HVDVD_TS\output.wav"
E-AC3, 5.1 channels, 2:18:15, 640kbit/s, 48khz

C:\Users\schizosmurf>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\tranzcode.exe "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD
\HVDVD_TS\output.wav"
Error: Unable to open file: G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wav

C:\Users\schizosmurf>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Components\Tools\WAVA
VIMUX\wavavimux" -o audio.avi -iwav 6 output-FL.wav output-FR.wav output-C.wav o
utput-LFE.wav output-SL.wav output-SR.wav -mask 63
Cant open File output-FL.wav

C:\Users\schizosmurf>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Win
dows Media Components\Encoder\wmcmd.vbs" -input "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_
TS\Video_Only.avs" -a_input "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\audio.avi" -outpu
t "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\output.wmv" -v_bframedist 1 -v_bdeltaqp 1 -
v_mslevel 1 -v_codec wvc1 -v_keydist 3 -v_mode 2 -v_quality 96 -v_mmatch 0 -v_ms
range 0 -v_performance 20 -v_loopfilter 1 -a_codec wmapro -a_setting 384_48_6_16

Audio Input Error: 0x35 - File not found

C:\Users\schizosmurf>
yes...you are correct. Looking at the log above, the dump failed and then each successive script is missing it's input file.

So if you fix your dump problem, you may be able finish each step. I recall getting this error a few months back but can't remember at this time what the issue was...maybe the movie is DTS and not DD??? If so, you could do a search to find the remedy. I'm not sure but I think you skip the EAC3to step with DTS audio...
Old 5th July 2007, 21:50   #199  |  Link
schizosmurf

Quote:
yes...you are correct. Looking at the log above, the dump failed and then each successive script is missing it's input file.

So if you fix your dump problem, you may be able finish each step. I recall getting this error a few months back but can't remember at this time what the issue was...maybe the movie is DTS and not DD??? If so, you could do a search to find the remedy. I'm not sure but I think you skip the EAC3to step with DTS audio...
there were 7 .ddp files after i demuxed the evo files,
PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.00.ddp
PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.02.ddp
PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.03.ddp
PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.04.ddp
PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.05.ddp
PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.08.ddp
PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.MLP.stream.01.ddp

i assumed the DD+ meant it was DD, no idea what MLP is, but its 1.8GB. the first 2 DD+ streams are 640Mb and the rest are ~195MB.
i'll try one of the smaller streams, to see if it makes a difference

EDIT:

OADED_HDDVD\HVDVD_TS\PEVOB_1_PEVOB_2.DD+.stream.03.ddp" "G:\MATRIX_RELOADED_HDDV
D\HVDVD_TS\output.wav"
E-AC3, 2.0 channels, 2:18:15, 192kbit/s, 48khz

smaller files were stereo, but gave me same error.
if no one knows/can figure out whats goin no, perhaps there is an alternative to eac3to?

Last edited by schizosmurf; 5th July 2007 at 21:58. Reason: update
Old 6th July 2007, 08:58   #200  |  Link
nincollector

^^^
your dump.ax is not registered

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...4&postcount=93

MLP is TRUE HD
nincollector is offline   Reply With Quote