Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 15th November 2007, 12:18   #1821  |  Link
kornesque

chumbo, no, i did not. i'm trying to help a buddy throw his EVOs to mkv to play on his NMT - like i said, i haven't toyed wih this stuff in quite a few months, and have not had the time to rip any content for testing, as this just came up yesterday. BUT...i did have the presence of mind to take a quick gawk thru this thread after my last post, and determined the filter combination he should try is simply haali matroska splitter (the excellent source input filter - thank you haali)>haali media muxer. i'll not bother the forum again for help until we run into an actual roadblock. thanks.

Last edited by kornesque; 15th November 2007 at 12:22.
kornesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2007, 18:59   #1822  |  Link
MarkRy

Thanks to this thread I have demuxed an m2ts file, converted the LPCM file to AC3, and remuxed it to an mpg for my media server. Brilliant. Thank you.

Last edited by MarkRy; 24th November 2007 at 21:28.
MarkRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 22:00   #1823  |  Link
puppydg68

Quote:
Originally Posted by honai View Post
Didn't have any problems remuxing Transformers HD-DVD. What errors are you running into?

Has anyone successfully done this? I would love to stream transformers to PS3. I'm getting the same non-compliance message when importing the video.

If you google transformers and remux, you will find some chinese stuff, but I don't know if this version will stream to PS3. So it looks like there is a successful remux out there, the question is how, and will it play on ps3 or as a BD
puppydg68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 17:43   #1824  |  Link
superx

is there any way to get transformers to ps3 that would be awsome.

has anyone done this
superx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 03:21   #1825  |  Link
The_Keymaker

Joining EVOs

I just ripped "Return to House on Haunted Hill" HD-DVD and it has 14 feature EVOs(!).

It appears my version of EVOdemux only handles the first 9 EVOs (It stops at Feature_10.EVO). What is the best way to join EVO files? Is there a program available?

I hope this is not too far off thread topic and apologize in advance if it is.

Regards,
The_Keymaker

Last edited by The_Keymaker; 30th November 2007 at 03:30.
The_Keymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 03:57   #1826  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Keymaker View Post
I just ripped "Return to House on Haunted Hill" HD-DVD and it has 14 feature EVOs(!).

It appears my version of EVOdemux only handles the first 9 EVOs (It stops at Feature_10.EVO). What is the best way to join EVO files? Is there a program available?

I hope this is not too far off thread topic and apologize in advance if it is.

Regards,
The_Keymaker
For now, you can rebuild the first 9 into one target. Then rename the rest so they start at 1 sequentially (after you renamed the existing files that start/end the range you want) and then rebuild those. Now you have two output files, i.e., part 1 and part 2. Now name those parts as features 1 and 2 and then rebuild them into one.

It's a pain, but it works. Not all titles use known naming either, so you have to rename in those cases too.
Old 30th November 2007, 08:03   #1827  |  Link
The_Keymaker

Thanks for the suggestion Chumbo.

Yeah, I tried what you suggested and it looks like all the timing information gets screwed up doing it that way.

What i will try next is:
- Rebuild the first nine files in one EVO
- Using GDSmux convert that EVO to a MKV and call it Part 1
- Do the same with the remaining EVOs and call it Part 2
- Merge the two using MKVtoolnix.

I'll report back if it works...

The_Keymaker
The_Keymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 19:56   #1828  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Keymaker View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Chumbo.

Yeah, I tried what you suggested and it looks like all the timing information gets screwed up doing it that way.

What i will try next is:
- Rebuild the first nine files in one EVO
- Using GDSmux convert that EVO to a MKV and call it Part 1
- Do the same with the remaining EVOs and call it Part 2
- Merge the two using MKVtoolnix.

I'll report back if it works...

The_Keymaker
Actually, that's even better. That's what I do with multi EVOs, i.e., use gdsmux and then merge them using mkvtoolnix. I figured you'd probably not want to do that with 14 of them. Would be nice to hear your results.
Old 21st December 2007, 23:09   #1829  |  Link
vwpassion

How do I get Evodemux to read a main feature that consists of 11 EVOs? The files are named HV007T01.EVO, HV007T02.EVO, ..., HV007T11.EVO. So its 11 files. Evodemux only parses the first 9. Is there a workaround?
vwpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:16   #1830  |  Link
ByeByeBluRay
DRM Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwpassion View Post
How do I get Evodemux to read a main feature that consists of 11 EVOs? The files are named HV007T01.EVO, HV007T02.EVO, ..., HV007T11.EVO. So its 11 files. Evodemux only parses the first 9. Is there a workaround?
Use EvoDemux to rebuild half of the files into one new evo, and the other half into another new evo, and then run it again to join the two parts.

You might need to rename the files to get EvoDemux to read them in.
ByeByeBluRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 04:35   #1831  |  Link
Chumbo

Quote:
Did the three posts right before yours not provide any insight?
Old 23rd December 2007, 13:05   #1832  |  Link
bond

moved to hddvd/bluray forum, as i think this fits better there

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2007, 16:11   #1833  |  Link
maya

Quote:
You can use Tssplitter to join all the files first, and then use evodemux. I have done this before. Tssplitter is free. Just make sure that when you click on file, then join, make sure to allow "all files" to be shown. And the program will join any file extension, they don't have to be .ts files.
maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2008, 17:58   #1834  |  Link
Kurgan

How do I demux a full vc1 stream?

Hello,
I've been having a bunch of trouble demuxing evo.
For some reason, I just can't get the full feature.
If I demux a feature with 2 parts (feature_1 and feature_2) - it seems to work and join into a file the size expected. (With continue to next evo and count frames checked).
The probelm is that if I drag the vc1 stream into a meda player, the time is wacked, and more importantly, the video is not complete (end of the vc1 stream is not the end of the movie). I've tried this on a rebuild joined stream and without rebuilding as well. I have tried adjust PTS and Rebuild ADV_PCKS as well (what are they by the way)). These did not make a difference.
Am I missing something? I would expect that even with just the vc1 stream, i could at least see the video of the whole movie.
The other odd thing is if I demux each part of the feature (1 and 2) seperately (no continue on evo), feature 1 ends before my joined one does, but feature 2 starts well after my joined one ends..... In other words, the supposed whole movie ends at a spot before the starting scene of feature 2, and feature 1 ends at a scene prior to the end of the joined feature?
Could anyone help me out on what I'm doing wrong? I've tried this with a few different movies with the same issue.

EVOdemux 0.627 b7, ripped with dvdfab hd decrypter.
Old 6th January 2008, 21:34   #1835  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
Hello,
I've been having a bunch of trouble demuxing evo.
For some reason, I just can't get the full feature.
If I demux a feature with 2 parts (feature_1 and feature_2) - it seems to work and join into a file the size expected. (With continue to next evo and count frames checked).
The probelm is that if I drag the vc1 stream into a meda player, the time is wacked, and more importantly, the video is not complete (end of the vc1 stream is not the end of the movie). I've tried this on a rebuild joined stream and without rebuilding as well. I have tried adjust PTS and Rebuild ADV_PCKS as well (what are they by the way)). These did not make a difference.
Am I missing something? I would expect that even with just the vc1 stream, i could at least see the video of the whole movie.
The other odd thing is if I demux each part of the feature (1 and 2) seperately (no continue on evo), feature 1 ends before my joined one does, but feature 2 starts well after my joined one ends..... In other words, the supposed whole movie ends at a spot before the starting scene of feature 2, and feature 1 ends at a scene prior to the end of the joined feature?
Could anyone help me out on what I'm doing wrong? I've tried this with a few different movies with the same issue.

EVOdemux 0.627 b7, ripped with dvdfab hd decrypter.
I'm not sure but I guess you're simply stumbling over a limitation of the splitter you're using to play the raw VC-1 file. VC-1 is a variable bitrate stream and there's no way for the splitter to know how long the stream really is (without reading and parsing the whole file). Consequently seeking doesn't work as expected and the runtime may be shown longer or shorter than it really is. You need to mux the demuxed VC-1 stream to a container (e.g. AVI or MKV). Then you should get playback working correctly.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 02:12   #1836  |  Link
Kurgan

Thanks for the thoughts on what to try.
I tried to put into an mkv container to view by dropping the evo file in gsmux. If i drop the resulting mkv file into mkvsplitter it correctly identifies the vc1 and ddp stream inside of the container.
My problem is i can't seem to playback the mkv now...it shows up as pure black in media player classic. I even tried remuxing from mkvsplitter to force the framerate to 24 as i read in some posts. I'm sure I'm still doing something wrong, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 8th January 2008, 09:27   #1837  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
Thanks for the thoughts on what to try.
I tried to put into an mkv container to view by dropping the evo file in gsmux. If i drop the resulting mkv file into mkvsplitter it correctly identifies the vc1 and ddp stream inside of the container.
My problem is i can't seem to playback the mkv now...it shows up as pure black in media player classic. I even tried remuxing from mkvsplitter to force the framerate to 24 as i read in some posts. I'm sure I'm still doing something wrong, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Try vc12avi to mux the VC1 raw stream to AVI. Alternatively instead of demuxing the VC-1 track you could try to remux it directly from from EVO to MKV by using Haali's filters or by using eac3to.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 05:23   #1838  |  Link
Kurgan

Had issues with that. Still not sure what is going on, but VLC Player plays it fine so I know the rip is good and can proceed. Thanks for the assistance.
Old 26th January 2008, 16:16   #1839  |  Link
leonowski

First Time Poster, Long Time Reader

Hi All,

I just want to post thanks to everyone in this thread. It has helped (along with the EAC3TO thread) me backup my personal collection.

I have been able to successfully mux a VC-1 stream plus a lossless 5.1 WMA stream (converted from one of the available audio tracks) into WMV files. These files play in the Xbox 360 Dashboard player just fine (unfortunately, they don't play in the Media Center Extender Interface).

I use the Solveig ASF multiplexer (the demo version seems to work fine) in graphedit from the MKV source with the VC-1 stream. This MKV is easily created by EAC3TO. I then take the best audio track available and convert it to WMA 9.2 Lossless 5.1. Once I have the WMV and WMA file, I combine them with the Windows Media Stream editor. At the end of the day, I have a nice WMV file.

With H.264 video, I use the MKV container with AC3 audio.

Again - thanks to all for your posts!
leonowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 03:46   #1840  |  Link
IanD

Any possibility the developers of eac3to and evodemux could merge the functionality?

I would really like to be able to take an evo and directly convert it into another evo, whilst stripping out all but selected video, audio and subtitle streams PLUS stripping pulldown flags for the video stream.

I know evodemux already does the stuff before PLUS, but it's the functionality after PLUS that I would find of great additional benefit.

Of course it would be even better still if evodemux was able to transcode audio formats ala eac3to as part of the evo->evo conversion process.
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote