Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 2nd August 2007, 07:12   #1  |  Link
jhjorsal

7 Inch screen

I have a dvd player with 7 inch screen in the car for the kids. The dvd player can read DivX format and take a HD, now I want to convert all there movies to DivX format, which settinge can I do with, so the movies fit for the 7 inch and the file gets as small as possible?
jhjorsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:18   #2  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjorsal View Post
I have a dvd player with 7 inch screen in the car for the kids. The dvd player can read DivX format and take a HD, now I want to convert all there movies to DivX format, which settinge can I do with, so the movies fit for the 7 inch and the file gets as small as possible?
FIrst make sure what features of DivX it supports: many features like GMC and Qpel are often not supported by hardware players.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:13   #3  |  Link
jhjorsal

I don't now so mutch about DivX and I know absolutly nothing about GMC and Qpel, I can't even figure out where you set those things. But I know that it is a DENVER MT-725 TWIN DVD and I have tryed to make a DivX movie with the standard settings from autoGK and that worked, can you help me futher on?
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:16   #4  |  Link
CWR03
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjorsal
now I want to convert all there movies to DivX format, which settinge can I do with, so the movies fit for the 7 inch and the file gets as small as possible?
The settings will vary depending on the length and aspect of the movie - only experimentation and your own personal perception of the results can determine what will work best for you, as is the case in pretty much all conversions of this type.
CWR03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2007, 17:15   #5  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjorsal View Post
I don't now so mutch about DivX and I know absolutly nothing about GMC and Qpel, I can't even figure out where you set those things. But I know that it is a DENVER MT-725 TWIN DVD and I have tryed to make a DivX movie with the standard settings from autoGK and that worked, can you help me futher on?
Well the settings it supports are usually listed in the manual at some point.

GMC and Qpel are features of DivX that not all players support, so you want to know whether you can use them or not.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 16:24   #6  |  Link
jhjorsal

I will try to experimentation with that but where do i set them ?, and one thing more what about the resolution do I have to set it on auto or a fixed síze?
Old 3rd August 2007, 17:01   #7  |  Link
Mr_Odwin
FAVC Man

If AutoGK worked for you than I'd just stick with that. The way that I like to use AutoGK is set a quality of about 60-70. But you should experiment (do several small encodes) with the quality settings to see what suits you.
In advanced settings I use the xvid codec, set the width to somewhere between 608-640 and use vbr mp3 at about 128kbps.
Mr_Odwin is offline   Reply With Quote