Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 17th February 2002, 14:01   #1  |  Link
francis

Making a 5 min test file

How can I make a 5 min test file from the .ifo and .vob files of a ripped movie on my hard disk ?

thanks
francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2002, 14:31   #2  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi francis,

since this is not a seperate item (not yet ) in the Q&As (if i remeber correctly) here is the procedure.

Use dvd2svcd's internal ripping routines (make sure to rip to a differenet folder than that where your already ripped VOBs are), select the IFO from "Conversion" tab. The movie length will show in the pulldown box - now click on it and there's a little window popping up showing you all the available chapters. Select a few (or just one) and hit the "Go" button - that's it.

Now dvd2svcd is only doing the selected chapter(s). Burn this little image to a CD-RW if your standalone will read this type of media and you can test your settings (especially usefull for testing deinterlacing method) within 15-20 minutes.

Greetings,
Gerti
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky, University of California, 1997

Last edited by gerti67; 17th February 2002 at 14:35.
gerti67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2002, 20:06   #3  |  Link
turluson

Thank you Gerti67, that will be very helpfull !!!
turluson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2002, 21:19   #4  |  Link
francis

I've just try to rip only one chapter, but it seems that Dvd2svcd do all the chapters , even if I've selected only the first (1min21sec). I'm using ver 1.0.6. build 4. What I do wrong ?
francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2002, 23:42   #5  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Make sure you have internal ripping set and are loading the IFO from the actual DVD. Select none in the drop down, then choose your chapter/chapters and click the X. You should see the time reflected in the window. If you switch tabs before selecting go it messes up sometime so the last thing you do before pressing go is drop it down and hit the x.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2002, 21:05   #6  |  Link
turluson

Ok I tried with an another DVD and activate dvdrip, now it's ok Thank you
turluson is offline   Reply With Quote