Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd February 2008, 16:41   #181  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBlue77 View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to play a self encoded mkv (megui, h264, ac3 english and german, subtitles english and german) on my PS3 (non linuxed). The only success I had was using "mkv2vob", of course losing the second ac3 audio and all subtitles, but ff/rw is possible. The aspect ratio is wrong with mkv2vob though.

When I try to remux this mkv with tsMuxeR, the resulting file is not shown on the PS3, neither as ts nor m2ts. It plays well on the PC using MediaPlayerClassic and the aspect ratio is correct. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step? Do I have to use TSRemux afterwards? I thought I read in this thread that this is not necessary?

Thx in advance,
Billy

Unless your going to make a AVCHD disk there is no way to use more than one audio track in a file that plays on the ps3 or use subtitles unless you force them (which means they are on all the time). Pretty much you are stuck with the mvk2vob method for the ps3.

Last edited by jamos; 3rd February 2008 at 16:44.
jamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2008, 17:49   #182  |  Link
LOGiC

@all,

maybe I can beg for your help again. I was testing a lot around with TSMuxer and the program is great. Unfortunately on the cutting side there seem to be a lack of good programs. I tried to remux my Ratatouille Blu-Ray as new .m2ts for testing purposes only and the filed was played very well. The problems start when trying to split it. I have tested with H264TSCutter, which accepts M2ts as input file. But this one goes back to .ts then. Using HDBDSplit makes some of the 4,5GB big disks stutter like hell. These can't be played. PowerDVD is doing some kind of diashow and MPC has issues with Tearing, which is very strange. Using EVR-Renderer normally doesn't bring even one line to my display, when playing this files I got heavy tearing. For having the graphics card acceleration (ATI HD 2600 XT) I really would prefer staying at .m2ts. But are there any tips for me how to successfully split a big file to several parts ? Thanks in advance.
LOGiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2008, 21:51   #183  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134402
XolocoTuxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 02:18   #184  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XolocoTuxmaster View Post
I understand the standard but really what we are trying to do is more like make mini bds than follow the standard. I know the PS3 can play multiple audio tracks and DTS and handle subtitles on a Mini BD disk. Problem with the PS3 though is that its bd player sucks with burned media period (including burned dvds).

Last edited by jamos; 4th February 2008 at 02:20.
Old 4th February 2008, 03:30   #185  |  Link
VintageGuy

Quote:
Hi,

I'm trying to play a self encoded mkv (megui, h264, ac3 english and german, subtitles english and german) on my PS3 (non linuxed). The only success I had was using "mkv2vob", of course losing the second ac3 audio and all subtitles, but ff/rw is possible. The aspect ratio is wrong with mkv2vob though.

When I try to remux this mkv with tsMuxeR, the resulting file is not shown on the PS3, neither as ts nor m2ts. It plays well on the PC using MediaPlayerClassic and the aspect ratio is correct. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step? Do I have to use TSRemux afterwards? I thought I read in this thread that this is not necessary?

Thx in advance,
Billy
Make sure you burn as Data DVD and you have a folder named PS3 (just like that) and inside that folder you have a folder named VIDEO (just like that) and finally rename your file and tag it with .mpg rather than .m2ts or .ts. Had the same problem till I made those folders and tagged with .mpg.

Good Luck
VintageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 11:46   #186  |  Link
BillyBlue77

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageGuy View Post
Make sure you burn as Data DVD and you have a folder named PS3 (just like that) and inside that folder you have a folder named VIDEO (just like that) and finally rename your file and tag it with .mpg rather than .m2ts or .ts. Had the same problem till I made those folders and tagged with .mpg.

Good Luck
I have only the "VIDEO" folder on the USB stick and other files in there are shown (compatible ones).
I tried to rename the ts to mpg but now the PS3 simply says "corrupt data" to this file.
BillyBlue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 13:39   #187  |  Link
B4tm4n
Caped Crusader

Quote:
I have only the "VIDEO" folder on the USB stick and other files in there are shown (compatible ones).
I tried to rename the ts to mpg but now the PS3 simply says "corrupt data" to this file.
Have you used h264info to change the profile to 4.1 ?
The built in profile changer doesn't work at the moment.
It didn't mention it in this post.
Quote:
Hi,

Thx in advance,
Billy
B4tm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 18:34   #188  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
I understand the standard but really what we are trying to do is more like make mini bds than follow the standard. I know the PS3 can play multiple audio tracks and DTS and handle subtitles on a Mini BD disk.
It doesn't.

By the way, the link was not just for you, was for all people who want to create mini BD/AVCHDs fully compatible with PS3, this is, almost everyone who uses tsmuxer (this is...almost everyone reading this topic? XD)

Bye

Last edited by XolocoTuxmaster; 4th February 2008 at 18:56.
Old 4th February 2008, 21:49   #189  |  Link
moshmothma

Recently tried muxing two movies from HDDVD that contained H264 and DD+. I demuxed the evo with evodemux and muxed with tsmuxer 1.210. The muxing worked fine but playback was seriously out of sync. Originally, I tried remuxing directly from the evo but i would get buffer errors.

The clips below are for the original evo and the muxed ts files. Thanks

Anchorman - evo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xxlm6i
Anchorman - ts
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vbme60
Old School - evo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ns8jx9
Old School - ts
http://www.sendspace.com/file/unwy3b

Last edited by moshmothma; 4th February 2008 at 21:52.
moshmothma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 23:52   #190  |  Link
chewdogg10

I have a Panny BD30K that will play all my discs authored with ULead, CyberLink, and Roxio, but the files are transcoded and lose quite a bit of quality. I tried writing the Blu Ray structure from tsReMuxer, but it won't play. Does anyone know how to get tsReMuxer BD structure to play in a set-top?

Last edited by chewdogg10; 5th February 2008 at 00:17. Reason: Realized i was in muxing thread, not remuxing
chewdogg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 01:58   #191  |  Link
DoomBot

Any file i mux with this software no matter .ts .m2ts .vob they are always out of sync ,the audio. This software does not work correctly.
DoomBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 05:06   #192  |  Link
yonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBot View Post
Any file i mux with this software no matter .ts .m2ts .vob they are always out of sync ,the audio. This software does not work correctly.
Audio delay is not automatically detected.
You have to manually set it in the delay box if there's any.
yonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 07:35   #193  |  Link
lchiu7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky101 View Post
Try remuxing your .ts to .m2ts with TSRemux.
That didn't work either. The PS3 doesn't see the file. Must be something else fundamentally wrong.
lchiu7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 09:48   #194  |  Link
ljy767

GOOD! THANKS...
ljy767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 11:07   #195  |  Link
Manu93

Problem muxing AAC with H.264

Hello,

I use the latest version of TsMuxeR (1.2.10) but my issues are from the beginning of TsMuxeR.

1 - AAC audio tracks are not recognized when embedded in MKV files in TsMuxeR GUI

2 - When I try to mux AAC + H.264 from elementary streams, I sometimes get a Bitstream Exception (Error Code - 3).

Did someone had the same issues as me ?

Thank you in advance.

PS : When I mux the video without the audio stream, everything is OK

Last edited by Manu93; 5th February 2008 at 11:09.
Manu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 12:46   #196  |  Link
Sparky101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBot View Post
Nice attitude, this software works great. Just because it doesn't work for you don't assume the software does not work correctly....
Sparky101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 15:04   #197  |  Link
jamos
Hey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XolocoTuxmaster View Post
It doesn't.

By the way, the link was not just for you, was for all people who want to create mini BD/AVCHDs fully compatible with PS3, this is, almost everyone who uses tsmuxer (this is...almost everyone reading this topic? XD)

Bye

I have gotten them to play with f/w 2.10. I know Scenarist does it better but not many people here have the money to buy Scenarist.
I tested a mini BD with multiple audio tracks it switches audio, also i can turn on and off subtitles (abiet after I hexedit a bug in tsremux on some of the files that incorrectly sets the stream info wrong) on my PS3 .

Last edited by jamos; 5th February 2008 at 15:11.
Old 5th February 2008, 16:34   #198  |  Link
DoomBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonta View Post
Audio delay is not automatically detected.
You have to manually set it in the delay box if there's any.
How do you figure out what to put for the audio delay?
DoomBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 16:45   #199  |  Link
XolocoTuxmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamos View Post
I have gotten them to play with f/w 2.10. I know Scenarist does it better but not many people here have the money to buy Scenarist.
I tested a mini BD with multiple audio tracks it switches audio, also i can turn on and off subtitles (abiet after I hexedit a bug in tsremux on some of the files that incorrectly sets the stream info wrong) on my PS3 .
Yes you are right, I forgot that bug
Old 5th February 2008, 18:27   #200  |  Link
mia

great tool and probably the best remuxer.
but i have one desire. it is possible to choose the stream id from the audio and video streams before muxing? because my hd-reciver (Kathrein UFS910) don't accept the default stream id's from tsmuxer.

input.ts: (work on the UFS)
Code:
Stream #0.0[0x2ff]: Video: h264
Stream #0.1[0x303](deu): Audio: liba52, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 448 kb/s
Stream #0.2[0x304](eng): Audio: liba52, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
outpu.ts: (don't work on the UFS)
Code:
Stream #0.0[0x1011]: Video: h264
Stream #0.1[0x1100]: Audio: liba52, 48000 Hz, 5:1kb/s kb/s
Stream #0.2[0x1101]: Audio: liba52, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
thanks and sorry for my english

micha