Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th July 2002, 09:31   #1  |  Link
onlyonesandman

sound out of synch while svcd mpeg excellent???!!!!

Hi all,

I created from a divx using AVI2SVCD to svcd. The operation finisheds flawlessly and the created and when I play back the created mpeg in svcd format, everything looks fine. The audio is perfectly synched to the end of the movie.

However, when I burn the created images, using VCDImager, on a CD and play it in my stand alone DVD player, the audio is about a half second to early.

Hm,

Please your suggestions,

Tnx.
onlyonesandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2002, 16:57   #2  |  Link
UltimateDBZ

Play with the movie offset option in the bbMPEG tab of DVD2SVCD. Raising or lowering it 1point should fix your sync problem.
Old 8th July 2002, 14:32   #3  |  Link
gerti67
Reloaded!

Hi onlyonesandman,

or try to adjust this delay in bbMPEG's advanced settings set the audio delay +500 miliseconds for example and see if the problem is gone - though it's not a very good advice because it's against the SVCD specs and it might reveal sync issues on other players.

But AVI2SVCD conversions are always a bit tricky because of the huge amount of codecs and audio formats out there and the software player usually don't show these isuues as they just have an nearly unlimited buffer - a hardware player does not.

Hope this helps,
Gerti
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky, University of California, 1997
gerti67 is offline   Reply With Quote