Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th February 2010, 00:09   #12001  |  Link
bbwolff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
I didn't read all 600 pages
is there a way to skip 10 seconds forward like in some other players?
will that be added in the fture
it's great for skipping some boring part of the video or to quickly find what you're looking foe.
bbwolff is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 00:44   #12002  |  Link
XhmikosR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hellas (Greece)
Posts: 543
@bbwolff: ctrl+right and set the milliseconds in the Options-->Tweaks page.
__________________
My Specs
XhmikosR is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 03:38   #12003  |  Link
Tom Keller
Registered User
 
Tom Keller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 77
I got some strange behaviour with the latest svn revisions. While playing DVD videos with enabled internal audio switcher, sometimes i wont get any sound in the menus. When starting the movie or jumping manually to the title or main menu, the sound "magically" reappears.

Strangely enough, this wont happen very often while using the system default audio renderer (DirectSound => Asus Xonar DX). But it happens most of the time while using ReClock as audio renderer (tested with v1.8.6.2 & v1.8.6.3). It doesn't matter which audio decoder i use - it's always the same. And it only happens with video DVDs. Disabling the audio switcher helps - but it's very annoying, cause i need the audio switcher to set a negative delay, ensuring audio/video synchronicity on my TV.

Till svn 1613 there was no problem at all. Sadly the whole mess started with svn 1623... an no change up to svn 1694 .
Tom Keller is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 07:59   #12004  |  Link
alexins
MPC-BE DEV
 
alexins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenija
Posts: 584
Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86/x64), svn 1697

Supported languages: BR, BY, CN, CZ, DE, EN, ES, FR, HU, IT, KR, PL, RU, SE, SK, TR, UA

Changes log

Changes (1695-1697):
  • updated Ukrainian translation [arestarh];
  • Change : Go to the next/previous file in the directory on the user's click on "skip back"/"skip forward";
  • small change in files autoplay algorithm;
  • code cleanup;
  • update Russian translate.
__________________
Win10 x64, i7 8700K 5Ghz, ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO, G.Skill (2x8GB) Trident Z F4-3600C16D-16GTZ, RX Vega 64,TV Philips 43PUS6703/12, Zappiti 4K HDR
Media Player Classic - BE x86/x64. Team of developers.
alexins is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 11:43   #12005  |  Link
decapitado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexins View Post
[*]Change : Go to the next/previous file in the directory on the user's click on "skip back"/"skip forward"; [/LIST]
Great
decapitado is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 17:40   #12006  |  Link
Casshern
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
48khz mono 24 bit m2ts (l)pcm bug

Hi Casimir666,

There seems to be a long standing bug in the mpc hc m2ts splitter, which affects almost all criterion blu rays (they mostly use mono):

I made a small 5 sec sample, where you can hear the bug pretty clearly. Interestingly the video ends after 5 seconds and the audio is still playing another 5 seconds with mpc hc + ffdshow(as a audio decoder) at half speed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/omtnmdnjiyy/sample.m2ts

tal.aloni, debugged this in ffdshow and found that the sample works fine with the haali splitter, so the bug must be in the m2ts splitter of mpc hc.

If you find the time, could you please look at this, it seems easy to fix!
Casshern is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 18:39   #12007  |  Link
sillKotscha
what's this for?
 
sillKotscha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 993
hey guys,

I'd like to know why I'm unable to get the internal mpeg2 dxva to work...

my setup:

- win7 home premium
- graphic card:



latest available OEM driver:



- mpc hc output: EVR sync (though EVR/ EVR cp won't work either) ...

when I choose mpeg-dxva via mpc hc it won't get used but another mpeg2 decoder is used (for example, for testing purposes I've installed CyberLink's PowerDVD9 MPEG-2 decoder v8.4.0.1014 et voilą with the above mentioned settings dxva is working and even the internal microsoft mpeg2 decoder - it's called DTV if I re-call correct - will use dxva for decoding) but no luck with mpc's mpeg dxva decoding...

for VC-1 and h.264 ffdshow's respectively mpc-hc's dxva works flawless but no luck with the internal mpeg2 dxva decoding...

it doesn't bug me that much but I'm interested why I can't get to work...

maybe someone can help to track it down to false setting I've done or whatever...

thanks in advance

edit: dxva checker...

__________________
latest mix sets: http://soundcloud.com/sill

Last edited by sillKotscha; 25th February 2010 at 18:48.
sillKotscha is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 19:17   #12008  |  Link
X-Dron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Russia, Spb
Posts: 46
Pls, close
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mpc-hc/ticket/306
X-Dron is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 20:00   #12009  |  Link
Spec-Chum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Dron View Post
Done...
Spec-Chum is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 20:32   #12010  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlouy View Post
@tetsuo55: since you were interested in managing an open-source project, maybe you know this, but here is a short interesting article: http://lwn.net/Articles/370157/.
Good read, thanks
__________________
MPC-HC, an open source project everyone can improve. Want to help? Test Nightly Builds, submit patches or bugs and chat on IRC
tetsuo55 is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 20:42   #12011  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,618
tetsuo55, now that you're opening threads for reporting splitter issues, maybe you could open one up for the internal ASF splitter. The "Use WM ASF Reader" option in "Tweaks" doesn't seem affect which splitter is used, and whether the box is checked or not, I consistently get 20-30 dropped initial frames on WMV1/2/3/VC-1 in ASF content when using MPC-HC. The same does not appear to happen when using WMP11 on Vista x64. In each case, I am using the WMVideo Decoder DMO and WMAudio DMO for the actual decoding. Using ffdshow as a wrapper for the WMV9 decoder or not doesn't make a difference. Thanks.
Inspector.Gadget is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 20:47   #12012  |  Link
rack04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,528
Is it still recommended to use Haali for mkv splitting or have the bugs in the internal mkv splitter been fixed/
rack04 is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 21:01   #12013  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
tetsuo55, now that you're opening threads for reporting splitter issues, maybe you could open one up for the internal ASF splitter. The "Use WM ASF Reader" option in "Tweaks" doesn't seem affect which splitter is used, and whether the box is checked or not, I consistently get 20-30 dropped initial frames on WMV1/2/3/VC-1 in ASF content when using MPC-HC. The same does not appear to happen when using WMP11 on Vista x64. In each case, I am using the WMVideo Decoder DMO and WMAudio DMO for the actual decoding. Using ffdshow as a wrapper for the WMV9 decoder or not doesn't make a difference. Thanks.
I decided against opening a thread for wmv/asf, but we will get back to that at some point
__________________
MPC-HC, an open source project everyone can improve. Want to help? Test Nightly Builds, submit patches or bugs and chat on IRC
tetsuo55 is offline  
Old 25th February 2010, 21:03   #12014  |  Link
tetsuo55
MPC-HC Project Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Is it still recommended to use Haali for mkv splitting or have the bugs in the internal mkv splitter been fixed/
both our splitter and haali's have exactly oposite problems. so it depends on your file
__________________
MPC-HC, an open source project everyone can improve. Want to help? Test Nightly Builds, submit patches or bugs and chat on IRC
tetsuo55 is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 00:02   #12015  |  Link
Aleksoid1978
Registered User
 
Aleksoid1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia, Vladivostok
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillKotscha View Post
hey guys,
I'd like to know why I'm unable to get the internal mpeg2 dxva to work...
Video must support mode - MPEG2_VLD.
__________________
I7 2600K@4.2 /Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 /Kingston HyperX 8Gb 1866 (4x2) Kit /OCZ Vertex 3 256Gb /Gigabyte GTX 960 /BenQ EW2430 /LG 47LM620T /Yamaha RX-V471 + NS-555 + NS-C444 + NS-333 + YST-SW215
Aleksoid1978 is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 02:29   #12016  |  Link
rob4eiwt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4eiwt View Post
On monitors with small pixel pitch it is necessary to set windows xp display properties appearance to [large fonts] and dpi to [large 120dpi]. Using those 2 settings the following error occurs:




The [Help] button has been pushed to a second row.

Would someone please fix this error?

This might help

Microsoft page on making application high dpi aware
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx
rob4eiwt is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 07:22   #12017  |  Link
sillKotscha
what's this for?
 
sillKotscha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Video must support mode - MPEG2_VLD.
and that means?

because as I said... I get mpeg2 dxva decoding to work with every other decoder but not with build in one ...
__________________
latest mix sets: http://soundcloud.com/sill
sillKotscha is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 08:05   #12018  |  Link
Aleksoid1978
Registered User
 
Aleksoid1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia, Vladivostok
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillKotscha View Post
and that means?

because as I said... I get mpeg2 dxva decoding to work with every other decoder but not with build in one ...
You video support ModeMPEG2_IDCT mode, all decoder(ArcSoft, Cyberlink, Nero, Microsoft ...) support this mode.
But MpcVideoDecoder support only ModeMPEG2_VLD for MPEG2+DXVA.
__________________
I7 2600K@4.2 /Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 /Kingston HyperX 8Gb 1866 (4x2) Kit /OCZ Vertex 3 256Gb /Gigabyte GTX 960 /BenQ EW2430 /LG 47LM620T /Yamaha RX-V471 + NS-555 + NS-C444 + NS-333 + YST-SW215
Aleksoid1978 is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 09:11   #12019  |  Link
Mike5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Palermo (Italy)
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillKotscha View Post
and that means?
A longer explanation (maybe can be useful for others too):

The decoding process is actually made up of several phases:

- Reverse Entropy
- IDCT (Inverse Discrete Cosine Transform)
- MoComp (Motion Compensation)
- Deblocking

A video card can support DXVA for one or more of the phases. You can see which using DXVA Checker. The name of the mode indicates which phase is supported. VLD (Variable Length Decoder) means the decoding process is supported as a whole: alla phases are supported, a mode known also as bitstream.

You video card (as any recent ATI) supports VLD mode for H.264 and VC1, but not for MPEG2, where only IDCT is supported.

Commercial players (like TMT, PDVD, etc...) support IDCT DXVA and thus you have DXVA with them. MPC-HC supports only bitstream (VLD) and thus you have DXVA for H.264 and VC1 only, not for MPEG2.

This is not considered a big problem, though, becuase MPEG2 decoding in software is generally not a big burden for modern CPU.
Mike5 is offline  
Old 26th February 2010, 12:38   #12020  |  Link
somy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
A longer explanation (maybe can be useful for others too):

The decoding process is actually made up of several phases:

- Reverse Entropy
- IDCT (Inverse Discrete Cosine Transform)
- MoComp (Motion Compensation)
- Deblocking

A video card can support DXVA for one or more of the phases. You can see which using DXVA Checker. The name of the mode indicates which phase is supported. VLD (Variable Length Decoder) means the decoding process is supported as a whole: alla phases are supported, a mode known also as bitstream.

You video card (as any recent ATI) supports VLD mode for H.264 and VC1, but not for MPEG2, where only IDCT is supported.

Commercial players (like TMT, PDVD, etc...) support IDCT DXVA and thus you have DXVA with them. MPC-HC supports only bitstream (VLD) and thus you have DXVA for H.264 and VC1 only, not for MPEG2.

This is not considered a big problem, though, becuase MPEG2 decoding in software is generally not a big burden for modern CPU.
Hi Mark5,

Regarding the banding issue we discussed in AVS, I'd like to ask if it's possible for MPC-HC DXVA decoder to use dynamic range settings in CCC? I suddenly have the idea of using AVIVO to do luma expansion instead of EVR (to avoid banding). PowerDVD seems to work well to address the banding issue, and do you know what technique do they use? Thanks a lot!
somy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
dxva, h264, home cinema, media player classic, mpc-hc

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.