Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th June 2011, 16:08   #21  |  Link
Video Dude

This is likely to become a more common topic on the forum since the release of the LOTR Extended Editions.

Last edited by Video Dude; 30th June 2011 at 16:12.
Video Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 21:21   #22  |  Link
Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlgi74 View Post
but the join feature of tsMuxer left a significant gap in each of the three films...
It's not TsMuxer's fault. It is encoded by the studio with a few extra seconds of blank video at the end of Part 1 on each disc. So when you combine them there is a longer "gap" of black video and silence. In the Theatrical Versions there is a gap but it's about 1 second. You must trim the m2ts file for Part 1 of each of the LOTR EE blu-rays.

I created a guide on AnyDVDHD Forum under my other alias -Maltese.

Link here:http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48641&page=2
Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 00:39   #23  |  Link
stottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
It's quite easy:

I assume you start with 2 working bluray structure folders, then move your second m2ts and its clpi to the first structure (if they have the same name as an existing file, just rename them to something else).

Open both structures with BDEdit (2 instances). Go to Playlist Tab in both, and in the instance of your first m2ts, right click on Playlist area, select edit mode, press Insert and in new line copy the data of your second BDEdit instance (the info from your second m2ts), changing the file name if you have renamed your second m2ts and putting a 5 on Connection Condition.

Then if you like, you could also add the chapters of your second m2ts in PlayListMark.

Greetings

Edit: You also have to do the same with STN table, adding audio and subtitles info there.
I'm trying to get this to work for the lord of the rings extended blurays, and having some trouble. It works, in the sense that I can get both streams to play. However, for a few seconds after the transition, the video stutters (seems like it skips frames, like the player thinks it is "behind" and trying to catch up). I've tried adjusting the stop time (the first half ends with 5 seconds of black screen) of the first m2ts, as well as the start of the 2nd, but any trial and error adjustments I have tried have changed the stutters, but not fixed them.

Oddly enough, it seems like the effect is different depending on whether I use MadVR or EVR (from J River 16).

Any advice on how to properly fix this?

Thanks!
stottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 07:30   #24  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stottle View Post
I've tried adjusting the stop time (the first half ends with 5 seconds of black screen) of the first m2ts, as well as the start of the 2nd, but any trial and error adjustments I have tried have changed the stutters, but not fixed them.

Oddly enough, it seems like the effect is different depending on whether I use MadVR or EVR (from J River 16).

Any advice on how to properly fix this?

Thanks!
¿Have you tried without tweaking stop/start time? Maybe it's due some players may have problem is the first frame played of your second m2ts isn't an I frame. If this solves your problem, then you only need to find and I frame near your desired second m2ts start point.

By the way, with TMT I've never had this problem.

Greetings
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 23:55   #25  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Quote:
It's quite easy:

I assume you start with 2 working bluray structure folders, then move your second m2ts and its clpi to the first structure (if they have the same name as an existing file, just rename them to something else).

Open both structures with BDEdit (2 instances). Go to Playlist Tab in both, and in the instance of your first m2ts, right click on Playlist area, select edit mode, press Insert and in new line copy the data of your second BDEdit instance (the info from your second m2ts), changing the file name if you have renamed your second m2ts and putting a 5 on Connection Condition.

Then if you like, you could also add the chapters of your second m2ts in PlayListMark.

Greetings

Edit: You also have to do the same with STN table, adding audio and subtitles info there.
This works perfectly, the only tedius part is the recreation of the chapters for the second m2ts.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 01:41   #26  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Maybe it's due some players may have problem is the first frame played of your second m2ts isn't an I frame.
How could the first frame of a m2ts not be an I frame?
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 07:13   #27  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
How could the first frame of a m2ts not be an I frame?
I didn't say that the "first frame" of the m2ts wasn't an I frame, what I said was "the first frame played", as stottle said that he had tweaked the actual start of the second m2ts changing its IN time at the playlist.

So yes, you're correct, the first frame of a m2ts is an I frame, but in a playlist you can start anywhere else just changing it's IN time.

Greetings
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 20:21   #28  |  Link
stottle

Thanks for the replies. I remember starting off without changing any of the times. I thought that stuttered, but I'd like to go back and make sure. I haven't had time to run anymore tests, and I'd like to test in both J River and TMT5. Before I only tested in J River.

I'll report back when I can confirm my results. It sounds like I should be able to do a seamless branch (even modifying the end of the 1st m2ts) as long as the 2nd m2ts isn't modified or starts with an I frame?

Thanks again,
Brett
stottle is offline   Reply With Quote