Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th March 2007, 09:46   #941  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo1080 View Post
It's the same problem I got with last samurai DD+; the I got 51 min instead than 2 hours and more, and the sound is horrible; it looks like a fax machine, but if you carefully listen it's the movie sound very accelerated
And were you able to do something with this?
MichalHabart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 09:55   #942  |  Link
Deckard2019

Quote:
dvdsupdecode is not working for me. it create just one smal bitmap and ends
Same behaviour here. But i think it's normal, as EVODemux sup files are different from regular DVD ones.
Deckard2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 10:06   #943  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard2019 View Post
Same behaviour here. But i think it's normal, as EVODemux sup files are different from regular DVD ones.
Well, i can get png and something for scenarist ACA from supread but i don't know what to do next. subripper does not take it as input
Old 9th March 2007, 10:19   #944  |  Link
edo1080

Quote:
And were you able to do something with this?
I've sincerely not been able to fix it yet; I'm still looking for a solution; the only thing I'm sure of is that the problem is due to the dump filter of graphedit, because if I conect the dts/AC3/dd+ filter applied to the .mpa(or .evo) file to the sonic audio decoder 4.2 and then to the default audio device for playback the files play smoothly, so their timing is correct. I suppose the resampling process from 24 to 16 bits made by Sonic filter causes compatibility issues with the dump filter. Maybe the track you are dumping is 24 bits per sample too.
edo1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 10:39   #945  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
I've sincerely not been able to fix it yet; I'm still looking for a solution; the only thing I'm sure of is that the problem is due to the dump filter of graphedit, because if I conect the dts/AC3/dd+ filter applied to the .mpa(or .evo) file to the sonic audio decoder 4.2 and then to the default audio device for playback the files play smoothly, so their timing is correct. I suppose the resampling process from 24 to 16 bits made by Sonic filter causes compatibility issues with the dump filter. Maybe the track you are dumping is 24 bits per sample too.
But the dump filter works properly for dd+, why it should not work for truehd?
Old 9th March 2007, 12:12   #946  |  Link
JnZ

Quote:
It's the same problem I got with last samurai DD+; the I got 51 min instead than 2 hours and more, and the sound is horrible; it looks like a fax machine, but if you carefully listen it's the movie sound very accelerated
Hmm,maybe Sonic gives You 16bit instead 24bit WAVe (mayby depends on soundcard type)...first try to connect Sonic to the Direct show device...if play and You hear sound, it's OK.

Second, generate RAW data (size =~ 50MB(24bit), 33MB(16bit) per minute). Then use SoX try switch -3 or -2(24bit,16bit), and finaly open in WaveWizard (set ignore filesize in header in preferences) and see, how long WAVe is.

Note: SoX write WAVe, which have broken header (if it's over 4GB), only Wavewizard (maybe) can read it properly...

I recomennded test it first on UNILOGO, or something short, to determine right settings for SoX. What will work for short ones, work for long ones.

Last edited by JnZ; 9th March 2007 at 12:15.
JnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 17:17   #947  |  Link
MiniMinimal

does it work with Sonic audio decoder 4.1?
MiniMinimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 17:36   #948  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMinimal View Post
does it work with Sonic audio decoder 4.1?
No, i think it is not
Old 9th March 2007, 17:42   #949  |  Link
MiniMinimal

Okidoki
Old 9th March 2007, 17:49   #950  |  Link
Pelican9
Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican9 View Post
Do you have any idea why the first play title (e.g. UNILOGO.EVO) contains the menus.aca, VPLST000.XPL and the other files of the ADV_OBJ folder (except DISCID.DAT) in its Advanced packets?
Some kind of caching or what?
Nobody?
It's strange, isn't it?
Pelican9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 19:10   #951  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

Quote:
Note: SoX write WAVe, which have broken header (if it's over 4GB), only Wavewizard (maybe) can read it properly...
Could this explain why, when I mux the file made by SoX into an MKV, I lose sound halfway through a 2 hour movie? Could it be that the muxer stops at the 4 gb limit and ignores the rest of the WAV file?

Hmmm. Is there a way to fix the header? I can use a hex editor if needed.
Rectal Prolapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 19:19   #952  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Prolapse View Post
Could this explain why, when I mux the file made by SoX into an MKV, I lose sound halfway through a 2 hour movie? Could it be that the muxer stops at the 4 gb limit and ignores the rest of the WAV file?

Hmmm. Is there a way to fix the header? I can use a hex editor if needed.
And why do you want to mux wav file into mkv? Try to create something useful from wav, ie dts or at least ac3. you will spend lot of space
Old 9th March 2007, 23:18   #953  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

It would save an encoding step - and disc space isn't an issue as I can delete the MKV after I'm done watching. Also, audio quality would be higher. Besides, remuxing already chews up tons of disc space already - what difference would it make in the end?

And what if I just wanted to waste the disc space? Nothing wrong with that - disc space is CHEAP. I guess my attitude is at odds with most of the doom9 members - it seems everyone here wants to encode their favorite 3 hour 1080p lossless audio movie onto a single layer DVD-R: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...128#post964128 . (for the humor-impaired that was a joke!)

My reasoning is this: I can't play EVO's natively and reliably right now with my favorite players - but I think in the future this won't be a problem, so deleting the MKVs is no loss as long as you have the originals...you can always recreate them later when the tools improve.

Last edited by Rectal Prolapse; 9th March 2007 at 23:21.
Old 10th March 2007, 00:31   #954  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Hey guys,

I've written a little tool named "eac3toac3", which is able to convert E-AC3 files to AC3. **WAIT**. Before you rejoice: The tool really does nothing but what was already suggested in this thread (E-AC3 -> RAW -> WAV -> AC3). Basically it automates what you have to do with GraphEdit and running all the various tools like sox and aften etc. Anyway, the tool works fine for me and makes the conversion process a bit more comfortable.

http://madshi.net/eac3toac3.zip

Code:
eac3toac3 v1.0, freeware by madshi.net

Usage: eac3toac3 srcFilename.eac3 destFilename.ac3

This tool can convert a 2.0 or 5.1 channel E-AC3 file to AC3.

For this to work correctly you need these filters to be installed:
(1) DTS/AC3/DD+ Source
(2) Sonic Audio Decoder 4.2
(3) ffdShow Audio Processor
(4) Dump filter

Furthermore these tools must be located in the same folder as eac3toac3:
(1) sox 13
(2) aften revision 449
Please note that newer ffdShow tryout versions make problems for me. I have things working correctly with the ffdShow tryouts build from December 2006. Here are some download links for the neccesary freeware tools/filters:

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=485785
http://win32builds.sourceforge.net/aften/index.html

The "eac3toac3" tool has a few tricks up it's sleeve:

(1) It automatically detects whether the E-AC3 file is really an E-AC3 file, how many channels it has and which sampling rate etc.
(2) It automatically changes the Sonic Audio Decoder settings to deliver the needed channels.
(3) It automatically finds out whether the intermediate raw audio file has a bitdepth of 16 or 24 bits and adjusts the "sox" parameters accordingly.

If you don't want to convert to AC3, but to something else, you can use ".wav" or ".raw" as destination extensions. The eac3toac3 tool will then simply stop when the ".raw" respectively ".wav" file is done. Intermediate files are automatically deleted. Only the source and destination file are left on the harddisk after the tool has run through.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 03:23   #955  |  Link
JeffAlso

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I've written a little tool named "eac3toac3"
Excellent!! Thank you very much!!
JeffAlso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 05:06   #956  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

Wow nice madshi! What problems with FFDShow were you having?

Also, do we need to do configure FFDShow Audio Processor in any way?
Old 10th March 2007, 05:25   #957  |  Link
Chumbo

@madshi,
Just curious, have you tried using AC3Filter instead of ffdshow in the chain? I use AC3Filter when using a graph and it's perfect.
Old 10th March 2007, 10:05   #958  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
What problems with FFDShow were you having?
See here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=626

Quote:
Also, do we need to do configure FFDShow Audio Processor in any way?
I don't remember to having done any configuration. Just try without. If you run into problems, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbo
Just curious, have you tried using AC3Filter instead of ffdshow in the chain? I use AC3Filter when using a graph and it's perfect.
Do you mean "DTS/AC3/DD+ Source -> Sonic Audio Decoder 4.2 -> AC3Filter -> Dump"? No, I've not tried that yet. Is there a specific reason why you prefer AC3Filter over ffdshow?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 10:29   #959  |  Link
Deckard2019

Quote:
I don't remember to having done any configuration. Just try without. If you run into problems, let me know.
You don't use ffdshow to directly output AC3 ? So why do you use it ?
DTS/AC3/DD+ Source -> Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.2 -> WAV dest -> FileWriter will create RAW file.
Deckard2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 10:38   #960  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard2019 View Post
You don't use ffdshow to directly output AC3 ? So why do you use it ?
DTS/AC3/DD+ Source -> Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.2 -> WAV dest -> FileWriter will create RAW file.
No, this will never work!!!

You must use DTS/AC3/DD+ Source -> Sonic Cinemaster Audio Decoder 4.2 -> Dump

FIleWriter or WAV Dest has bug inside which will create unusable wav file if it is bigger then 4GB