Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 20th August 2019, 11:45   #17181  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
thanx for your reply!

Iīd rather leave them in the forum - external Image hosting tends to ditch pictures after a while - several older threads are almost unusable because people put the images on imageshack - now they are gone...

Or is there a particular reason why itīs not recommended to save them directly in the forum?

I used the default resize funktion in Ripbot. Looking at the Avisynthscript, it is spline resize - I am not at the pc right now, so Iīd have to check exactly, but I think I remember it was spline36, using some plugin for multihtreading.... The default one.. didnīt change anything. no custom scripts.

No, no filters, just resizing.
Your post will be forgoten because approval may take weeks.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 13:45   #17182  |  Link
BLKMGK

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
<snip>

I'm not having the issue...so maybe something more specific to the default startup commands for the encoding servers?
I'm using:
/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
I don't modify the commandline for launch at all. I do use port 1000, low priority, and for restart I use the GUI buttons from the encoding client but generally leave restart alone except when I'm encoding something with KNLMeansCL since this only ever encodes blocks on my host machine and not clients. At least two clients have OpenCL1.2 capable cards installed and configured but reject blocks anyway. The videos encode on those machines standalone fine though

For now I'm back in business with the older client. When the current round of jobs is completed I'll backup my files and attempt again with a newly updated client. I've got an AMD client offline right now I'll need to twiddle anyway so that will be a good chance to try it.
BLKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 14:14   #17183  |  Link
FuzzyNutz

Quote:
Are you using filters? I've seen the issue with QTGMC.
I'm not having that issue with AVC/HEVC source either without filters or with LSFmod or FastLineDarkenMod.
I need to test with more filters besides QTGMC.
No filters. The occurrences can make up less than 1% of a movie's total timeline. Unless you've watched every second of every video you've produced, you can't be certain it's not happening to you, too.
FuzzyNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 14:19   #17184  |  Link
duffbeer

Please can we get rid of LSmash. It's causing sooooo many problems. Nothing wrong before the update.
duffbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 16:45   #17185  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKMGK View Post
I don't modify the commandline for launch at all. I do use port 1000, low priority, and for restart I use the GUI buttons from the encoding client but generally leave restart alone except when I'm encoding something with KNLMeansCL since this only ever encodes blocks on my host machine and not clients. At least two clients have OpenCL1.2 capable cards installed and configured but reject blocks anyway. The videos encode on those machines standalone fine though
If you have time please consider testing since if the dev doesn't get help testing on other systems they won't be able to fix problems they can't find. For example, I'm not having those issues so I couldn't give the dev feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNutz View Post
No filters. The occurrences can make up less than 1% of a movie's total timeline. Unless you've watched every second of every video you've produced, you can't be certain it's not happening to you, too.
Fair, of the 12+ encodes I've watched completely (different sources) and the ~100 or so I've skipped through I haven't seen an issue like that. I did find a source that had the audio/video out of sync but muxing in the time codes fixed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffbeer View Post
Please can we get rid of LSmash. It's causing sooooo many problems. Nothing wrong before the update.
It was to fix some issues with AC1 I think but other programs like staxrip uses lsmash so it isn't an issue by its self. Personally, all of my initial issues have been ironed out.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 17:40   #17186  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
It was to fix some issues with AC1 I think but other programs like staxrip uses lsmash so it isn't an issue by its self. Personally, all of my initial issues have been ironed out.
StaxRip use this defaults:

If Check(AviSynthFilterPreferences, "AviSynth Source Filter Preferences", 3) Then
AviSynthFilterPreferences = New StringPairList
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("default", "FFVideoSource")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("264 h264 avc", "LWLibavVideoSource")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("265 h265 hevc hvc", "LWLibavVideoSource")

AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("d2v", "MPEG2Source")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("dgi", "DGSource")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("dgim", "DGSourceIM")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("mp4 m4v mov", "LSMASHVideoSource")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("ts m2ts mts m2t", "LWLibavVideoSource")

AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("wmv", "DSS2")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("vdr", "AviSource")
End If

If Check(VapourSynthFilterPreferences, "VapourSynth Source Filter Preference", 5) Then
VapourSynthFilterPreferences = New StringPairList
VapourSynthFilterPreferences.Add("default", "ffms2")
VapourSynthFilterPreferences.Add("264 h264 avc", "LWLibavSource")
VapourSynthFilterPreferences.Add("265 h265 hevc hvc", "LWLibavSource")

VapourSynthFilterPreferences.Add("avs vdr", "AVISource")
VapourSynthFilterPreferences.Add("mp4 m4v mov", "LibavSMASHSource")
VapourSynthFilterPreferences.Add("ts m2ts mts m2t", "LWLibavSource")

VapourSynthFilterPreferences.Add("d2v", "d2vsource")
VapourSynthFilterPreferences.Add("dgi", "DGSource")
End If

The default for mkv is still ffms2!
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 21:37   #17187  |  Link
userx

Quote:
Are you able to browse to the share and see the file? Could be an issue with the share.
After last update it seems to work again but EServer take looooong time to create lwi file.
Before this changes, the encoding would have been finished in the meantime.
My setup consists of 5 local server and 3 remote server. On both machines the CPU isn't on full load (~50%) during 5 simultan lwi-jobs. It looks like this changes significant slows down the whole process. 1h45 instead of ~35 min

Last edited by userx; 20th August 2019 at 22:16.
userx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 21:51   #17188  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Your post will be forgoten because approval may take weeks.
ah ok, thank you, that makes sense. When I posted them, I was able to see them, so I didn't notice. Will put them somewhere "safe" externaly...
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 22:01   #17189  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by userx View Post
After last update it seems to work again but EServer take looooong time to create lwi file.
My setup consists of 5 local server and 3 remote server. On both machines the CPU isn't on full load (~50%) during 5 simultan lwi-jobs. It looks like this changes significant slows down the whole process.
Have you tried closing the server window while the LWI file is created?
Old 20th August 2019, 22:22   #17190  |  Link
userx

Quote:
Have you tried closing the server window while the LWI file is created?
close=kill server or minimize? What would be the difference?
without server the jop won't run. (?)
Old 20th August 2019, 22:24   #17191  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
close=kill server or minimize? What would be the difference?
without server the jop won't run. (?)
ah yes.. minimize
Old 21st August 2019, 02:11   #17192  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
StaxRip use this defaults:

If Check(AviSynthFilterPreferences, "AviSynth Source Filter Preferences", 3) Then
AviSynthFilterPreferences = New StringPairList
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("default", "FFVideoSource")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("264 h264 avc", "LWLibavVideoSource")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("265 h265 hevc hvc", "LWLibavVideoSource")

AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("d2v", "MPEG2Source")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("dgi", "DGSource")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("dgim", "DGSourceIM")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("mp4 m4v mov", "LSMASHVideoSource")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("ts m2ts mts m2t", "LWLibavVideoSource")

AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("wmv", "DSS2")
AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("vdr", "AviSource")
End If
Nice find but I wonder why they only use LSmash with mp4, m4v, and mov?

Quote:
My setup consists of 5 local server and 3 remote server. On both machines the CPU isn't on full load (~50%) during 5 simultan lwi-jobs. It looks like this changes significant slows down the whole process. 1h45 instead of ~35 min
Have you tried updating and clearing out your temp jobs and re-adding jobs?
I haven't noticed that issue with the most recent version. Does it only happen when the chunks are being created when you first start a new job and once it gets going it is fine?
I keep my encoding server window minimized but haven't seen that issue.
I just tried starting a fresh new job and now I see what you're saying...I guess I haven't monitored that part as closely.
Old 21st August 2019, 02:33   #17193  |  Link
BLKMGK

Quote:
<snip>
I just tried starting a fresh new job and now I see what you're saying...I guess I haven't monitored that part as closely.
Does it create a new index after every chunk? On each client? I'll try it again here after a few movies have been completed (single machine only since I'm filtering) and the deck is cleared but index creation previous killed really my speeds. A single creation of an index is no biggie and expected but not over and over...
BLKMGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 05:31   #17194  |  Link
userx

Quote:
ah yes.. minimize
It doesn't differ. The lwi-process is pretty slow. Why it's switch to this mechanism? What are the benefits? Is there a possibility to switch back to the 'old' bahaviour?

Quote:
Have you tried updating and clearing out your temp jobs and re-adding jobs?
I haven't noticed that issue with the most recent version. Does it only happen when the chunks are being created when you first start a new job and once it gets going it is fine?
I keep my encoding server window minimized but haven't seen that issue.
It's a fresh created Job, so I don't have re-added and cleaned someting.
Every chunk has a (slow) lwi-job before it starts, which slows the whole process.

Last edited by userx; 21st August 2019 at 05:43.
Old 21st August 2019, 07:34   #17195  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKMGK View Post
Does it create a new index after every chunk? On each client? I'll try it again here after a few movies have been completed (single machine only since I'm filtering) and the deck is cleared but index creation previous killed really my speeds. A single creation of an index is no biggie and expected but not over and over...
Yeah, on each chunk

Quote:
It doesn't differ. The lwi-process is pretty slow. Why it's switch to this mechanism? What are the benefits? Is there a possibility to switch back to the 'old' bahaviour?

It's a fresh created Job, so I don't have re-added and cleaned someting.
Every chunk has a (slow) lwi-job before it starts, which slows the whole process.
the LSmash has some benefits but I thought they were only for a specific codec and not x265/x264
Old 21st August 2019, 08:36   #17196  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffbeer View Post
No. Problems are to be solved, not to despair of them. Once solved, you will love the result.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 08:40   #17197  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
LSMASH*Source works only with containers compatible to the ISO base media file format, but relies on their internal keyframe index chunk and doesn't create a separate index file.

For all other containers, you need LwLibav*Source which is much more flexible, but creates an additional index file to be able.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 16:50   #17198  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
LSMASH*Source works only with containers compatible to the ISO base media file format, but relies on their internal keyframe index chunk and doesn't create a separate index file.

For all other containers, you need LwLibav*Source which is much more flexible, but creates an additional index file to be able.
Ah, okay. If we're already creating a .lwi from the source video (the whole thing) is there any reason we should need to create another .lwi file for chunks of the same video rather than just use the main .lwi file at different points in the file?
Or is there a reason there is an advantage to doing it that way?
Just thinking if we have to create individual .lwi files for DE mode might as well skip that until we're encoding if the source.lwi file isn't going to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
No. Problems are to be solved, not to despair of them. Once solved, you will love the result.
Good point

Quote:
Hey.
Thank you for the offer. I had a closer look into the temp folders... The two audio streams are extracted, audiolist.txt lists two streams and audiostreams.cmd lists to prozess 3 streams.
Whatīs missing is content in "encodeaudio2.cmd" - it has zero bytes.
I've been looking at this more (batching more than 1 audio stream & more than 1 sub).
It would be nice if the batch mode could handle more than one stream because I was looking to simplify my process rather than having so many steps.
-Main reason for muxing subs from source with a batch file is so I can keep the MKV title info but mostly for anime since that tends to have the most important context info.
-I wouldn't mind using the internal RipBot audio encoders for items with more than one audio track if they were accounted for. I was realizing I was doing all of my sources' audio externally just for consistency for when I need to run a batch file to mux things back together.

Last edited by byteshare; 21st August 2019 at 17:47.
Old 21st August 2019, 18:44   #17199  |  Link
george84

Minimize Window and Exit doesn't work

RipBot264 newest version on Windows 10.

When I exit RipBot264 then it still exists in list of task manager. I have to abort it to make a restart.

When I want to Minimize, then I can only do so in main menu at upper left of window. That means I can click Minimize and it disappears. It still exists in task manager but with CTRL/Tab I can't get it back.

I have a 4K screen.

Last edited by george84; 21st August 2019 at 18:47. Reason: Precision of window
george84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 20:06   #17200  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by george84 View Post
RipBot264 newest version on Windows 10.

When I exit RipBot264 then it still exists in list of task manager. I have to abort it to make a restart.

When I want to Minimize, then I can only do so in main menu at upper left of window. That means I can click Minimize and it disappears. It still exists in task manager but with CTRL/Tab I can't get it back.

I have a 4K screen.
Are you running Logitech Software. See post here: https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=17029

Alternatively update Logitech Software here: https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=17034

Hope this helps..

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360