Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th April 2009, 14:10   #1  |  Link
Cho

"... right now TomsMoComp is a favorite ..."

I'm new to avisynth and now looking for high quality deinterlacer. From the avisynth filter introduction page (http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Filter_introduction), it mentions that "right now TomsMoComp is a favorite". Just wanna know if this statement is up to date and if majority of users agree with it...
Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 14:26   #2  |  Link

That is very outdated. There are newer and better ones. You'll have to do some research here in the forum threads.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 16:21   #3  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Tdeint, Yadif and its variants (yadifmod?) seem to have gotten favourable comments, also when combined with nnedi too.
halsboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 04:28   #4  |  Link
Cho

I found this thread for TDeint: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=82264
But it's intimidating, 60 pages... Do I need to go through most/all of the posts in it to understand the proper usage of the deinterlacer?

Has anyone ever compiled the floating information into a thread of FAQ/tutorial which guides average users on how to use those latest deinterlacers with best practices? I guess no one has done that. (Otherwise, it must be a sticky material.) Then, could anyone advise the right way to learn using the advanced deinterlacer? Which are the good threads to look at? Are there any sample scripts?
Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 07:01   #5  |  Link
lych_necross
ZZZzzzz...

The guides on this site are outdated. Try this guide on deinterlacing. I know the site is geared towards anime music videos; however, the avisynth guide is very solid.
lych_necross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 08:02   #6  |  Link
halsboss
likes to tinker

Each one usually has a manual.. That's how I found out how to use it. Plus sample scripts in the later pages of posts. No silver platter with using any programs, you'll have to work for your living.
halsboss is offline   Reply With Quote