Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 8th January 2006, 15:51   #201  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Because there are no subpics defined in the IFOs for them!
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2006, 19:02   #202  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Ok I got it! Sorry about that!

I was so focused on the fact that it was the first of the VTS with missing VOBs that displayed differently. Maybe because it (coincidently?) was the same pattern last time I edited a disc with all VOBs missing except the main movie VOBs. Or maybe because I thought the logical process would be to first check for VOBs and then look for subpics in the IFO...
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 19:50   #203  |  Link
BOB66

Hi

I`ve got a problem with PgcEdit 0.6.2 when I want to burn a DVD. It stops (close the PgcEdit-Window) without any (error)message after I push "OK" in "DVD Burn" Menu. No File is created in the targetdir. No difference when I only want to make a ISO on HDD, without burning. One (Testing...) maybe two messages in the statusbar bevor, but to fast for reading this. No "ISO creation log" is shown. Split to 1GB chunks is activated.

Burning a DVD with ImgToolClassic 0.91.6 and ImgBurn 1.1.0.0 works well. Also Nero 6 with ImgTool Burn.
No foreign characters in the directory names of the install path of PgcEdit, ImgTool Classic and ImgBurn. Daemon Tools are not installed (no path).

Windows ME
AMD Athlon XP 2400
BENQ 1640

Any Ideas?

BOB66

Last edited by BOB66; 12th January 2006 at 20:10.
BOB66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 20:43   #204  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

No idea.

Are you sure the path to mkisofs is correct? Which version of mkisofs are you using? (You can examine it in the burn setup dialog)

Could you send me your configuration files? I need burn.cfg and pgcedit.cfg, both in "C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\PgcEdit\". Send them to pgcedit at tiscali dot be.

You could also try the new version of ImgTool Classic.
Old 13th January 2006, 16:42   #205  |  Link
BOB66

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
No idea.

Are you sure the path to mkisofs is correct? Which version of mkisofs are you using? (You can examine it in the burn setup dialog)

Could you send me your configuration files? I need burn.cfg and pgcedit.cfg, both in "C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\PgcEdit\". Send them to pgcedit at tiscali dot be.

You could also try the new version of ImgTool Classic.
Thank`s for your fast replay

The version of mkisofs is 2.01, I can see it in the burn setup dialog.
Then I installed the new ImgTool Classic 0.91.7, but it is still the same problem.

So the needed files are on the way to you

See you
BOB66
Old 13th January 2006, 16:59   #206  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, I am currently generating an ISO with the same parameters as you, and I have no problems.
Could you do another thing? When the ISO is created, a batch file is created in the TEMP folder, and this batch is used to call mkisofs. Could you open a dos prompt, and type:
Code:
cd %TEMP%
MakeISO > makeiso.log
start %TEMP%
The last command will open your TEMP folder. Locate MakeISO.bat and makeiso.log, and send me the files, or copy the content of the files and paste it here. (If there are many lines in the log starting with "x.x% done, estimate finish ..." you can delete them. I don't need them.)
Old 13th January 2006, 18:10   #207  |  Link
_Nihil_

Feature request.

(Ignore this post if i'm too stupid to find existing feature / functionality)

1. Add title on existing pgc / vtst
2. Remove any logical pgc / vtst

Example: I will create new DVD and Impost VTST Title. Imported VTST doesn't have title so to get title i either have to use Clone PGC or New "play all" Title. So in the end i have DVD with VMG & VTST 1,1 & VTST 1,2. VTSTs are identical except that 1,1 doesn't have title.

Used PgcEdit versions 0.6.2 & 0.6.0

Yours: Nihil
_Nihil_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 18:30   #208  |  Link
BOB66

I get this message after the second line:

C:\WINDOWS>cd %TEMP%

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP>MakeISO > makeiso.log
/cygdrive/e/WIN_ME/IMGTOOL/IMGTOO~3/MKISOFS: No such host or network path. Cannot open '//.mkisofsrc'.
/cygdrive/e/WIN_ME/IMGTOOL/IMGTOO~3/MKISOFS: No such file or directory. Invalid
node - 2
****** ERROR returned by mkisofs! ******
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP>

makeiso.log: (is empty)

MakeISO.bat:

@echo off
"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *backup* -m *Backup* -m .DS_Store -m "Copy of *" -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1
if errorlevel 1 echo ****** ERROR returned by mkisofs! ******

BOB66
Old 13th January 2006, 19:18   #209  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hummm... Seems mkisofs is not correctly installed, or it's a bug in cygwin1.dll. I will have a look at the mkisofs doc to see if it is possible to disable the .mkisofsrc resource file. But don't expect a fix.

Maybe the problem is caused by an incompatibility with Windows ME/9X? (Mkisofs is a Linux program, compiled for Windows, and running under cygwin, something like a small emulator.) Anyway, fortunately, Microsoft has now discontinued his crappy Win 9X serie. You should consider upgrading to Windows XP. I guess the problem will disapear. And, as a bonus, you will be able to write files larger than 1GB!
Old 13th January 2006, 19:24   #210  |  Link
jeanl

Quote:
And, as a bonus, you will be able to write files larger than 1GB!
Imagine that!
Old 13th January 2006, 19:52   #211  |  Link
BOB66

Quote:
Hummm... Seems mkisofs is not correctly installed, or it's a bug in cygwin1.dll. I will have a look at the mkisofs doc to see if it is possible to disable the .mkisofsrc resource file. But don't expect a fix.

Maybe the problem is caused by an incompatibility with Windows ME/9X? (Mkisofs is a Linux program, compiled for Windows, and running under cygwin, something like a small emulator.) Anyway, fortunately, Microsoft has now discontinued his crappy Win 9X serie. You should consider upgrading to Windows XP. I guess the problem will disapear. And, as a bonus, you will be able to write files larger than 1GB!
But remember: I can make a ISO with ImgTool Classic, I guess it use also mkisofs. I`ve tested it a few minutes ago, now with the new version 0.91.7, it works well.

May be your right to have a look to Windows XP.... but ...

However
Sleep a night and I`m sure when you get up tomorrow and you see yourself in the bathmirror - the idea for a fix is like a flash in you minds.

jeanl:
Windows ME with the file system FAT32 can not work with files bigger than 1Gb.
For Windows XP it`s no problem with file system NTFS. So you don`t need to split the Image File. It look`s much better and is easier to handle.

Last edited by BOB66; 13th January 2006 at 20:01.
Old 13th January 2006, 20:06   #212  |  Link
bigotti5
Spielberger

@r0lZ

In PgcEdit6.3beta5 "Close & Break trace" does not work for me (does not break the trace).
In 6.2, 6.3beta4 it works.
bigotti5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 20:40   #213  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Right. Thanks for the info!
Old 13th January 2006, 20:51   #214  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@BOB66

OK, let's try another thing.

Could you launch manually the mkisofs command in a DOS prompt, removing one argument at a time, until it works?

The original command is:
Code:
"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *backup* -m *Backup* -m .DS_Store -m "Copy of *" -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1
You should try those commands:
Code:
"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *backup* -m *Backup* -m .DS_Store -m "Copy of *" -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1

"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -m *backup* -m *Backup* -m .DS_Store -m "Copy of *" -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1

"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *Backup* -m .DS_Store -m "Copy of *" -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1

"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *backup* -m .DS_Store -m "Copy of *" -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1

"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *backup* -m *Backup* -m "Copy of *" -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1

"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *backup* -m *Backup* -m .DS_Store -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1

"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -split-output "F:\SAHARA" 2>&1

"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *backup* -m *Backup* -m .DS_Store -m "Copy of *" -split-output "F:\SAHARA"

"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -V "SAHARA" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -split-output "F:\SAHARA"
And report which command works well (if any!)
Don't try to burn the output ISO files!
Thanks.
Old 13th January 2006, 21:21   #215  |  Link
BOB66

Interesting news!

the last one works!

all other not, because all the commands were cut after the 127`th letter

for example the original command:
C:\>"E:\WIN_ME\ImgTool\ImgToolClassic\mkisofs.exe" -dvd-video -no-pad -V "SAHARA
" -o "d:\SAHARA.ISO" -p PgcEdit -m *backup* -m *Bac
First I worked with copy/paste, but then with keyboard, the same limitation.

then the message from mkisofs:
/cygdrive/e/WIN_ME/IMGTOOL/IMGTOO~3/MKISOFS: No such host or network path. Canno
t open '//.mkisofsrc'.
/cygdrive/e/WIN_ME/IMGTOOL/IMGTOO~3/MKISOFS: Missing pathspec.
Usage: mkisofs [options] file...

Use mkisofs -help
to get a list of valid options.

BOB66

Last edited by BOB66; 13th January 2006 at 21:25.
Old 13th January 2006, 22:37   #216  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Damn, it's not what I want!
It should be possible to execute a long command line from a batch file. Can you copy the same commands in a .bat file, and execute it? Should work.

BTW, it's another crazy limitation of Win 9X! 127 characters in a command line is somewhat limited. (Max 259 characters under XP, and about 2000 under Linux!)
Old 13th January 2006, 23:07   #217  |  Link
Drinken

You can increase the limit by editing config.sys
Here's how. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121059/en-us
Drinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 23:20   #218  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks, Drinken. Great tip. Do you know if the same limitation apply to batch files?

Anyway, it will probably not solve the issue of the PgcEdit burn, because, IMO, I cannot change a system file myself, w/o the explicit user content.

Why are the guys at M$ so stupid?!
Old 13th January 2006, 23:35   #219  |  Link
Drinken

I think there's a limit for batch files, yes... I'll see if I can find any info.

Well, I'm not sure if this'll work, but it's worth a try. Try launching mkisofs via command /u:250 /C "mkisofs.exe Arg1 Arg2 ..."?

Dr.
Drinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 23:47   #220  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, I can't do that, because of another limitation in Windows!
I need to launch mkisofs from a batch file, because otherwise I can't retrieve the stderr output.
But I suppose that I can launch the batch file the same way: command /u:250 /C MakeISO.bat
Byt it's more complicated than what I do now. I have to test if PgcEdit is running under Win9X and use command.com in this case, or the somewhat more powerful cmd.exe otherwise.

Sorry to ask such newbie questions, but I don't have a Win9X system to test.

Last edited by r0lZ; 13th January 2006 at 23:54.