Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 14th September 2010, 14:26   #2621  |  Link
XadoX

I have a Nvidia Quadro NVS 290. While recoding a h264 Video with DGdecNV and x264 and watching a Video on YouTube or in MPC-HC my PC freezes.
XadoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 09:36   #2622  |  Link
Hagbard23
23sKiDdOo!

I have a NVIDIA 9500GS.

I can get DGTools2026 working with MPEG2Files, only when i use "Use_D3D=1" (in the *.ini file). Both, DgIndexNV and DGSource() are working quite well.

But when i load *.x264 files into DGINDEXNV, it crashes with the following error message:

"Failed to start GPU Decoder" Error#100

Maybe it is the Graphic Card, which is garbage...

BTW: What is the D3D-Mode all about - what exactly is the difference and disadvantages to native driver support? I know that there should be disadvantages, but i am just curious what the technical background is...maybe someone can answer this question...Thanks..

Last edited by Hagbard23; 15th September 2010 at 10:12.
Hagbard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 15:38   #2623  |  Link
gahz

just wanted to thank you. whatever you did fixed my problem with having to open the preview window every time i opened a .avs in megui!

quick question, though i dont know if it relates to dgtools or not. sometimes i'll open up one of the various tools in megui while i have an encode going and it will crash out megui but if you look at task manager the encode is still running. it eventually finishes up at the time it's supposed to and the file is intact. any clues as to what's going on?
gahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 15:56   #2624  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahz View Post
quick question, though i dont know if it relates to dgtools or not. sometimes i'll open up one of the various tools in megui while i have an encode going and it will crash out megui but if you look at task manager the encode is still running. it eventually finishes up at the time it's supposed to and the file is intact. any clues as to what's going on?
I think it is more related to MeGUI. Nevertheless what kind of action do you start when it crashs (does it involve opening an avs file with DGDecodeNV.dll?) and how much graphics memory do you have? Have you tried to monitor the usage with GPU-Z? And what kind of crash is it? Do you have any crash report?

@neuron: move the post to the GUI forum if necessary.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 17:42   #2625  |  Link
Hagbard23
23sKiDdOo!

Neuron2 - can you add the "FieldOrder" in the Stats-Window again? Or is it technically impossible?
Hagbard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 17:45   #2626  |  Link

It's possible. I'll add it to my to-do list. I also need to have DGecodeNV set it properly for Avisynth.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 19:50   #2627  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Neuron2, if any spare time, please make DGIndexNV remember in and out directory separately. Sometimes the ripping source drive is one, the output project one is another.

And the filling status in in the Windows7 bar (a-la-MeGui to tell one), would be very useful if audio is off (hint: office) and the demux is long...

Thanks
Old 16th September 2010, 08:52   #2628  |  Link
gahz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
I think it is more related to MeGUI. Nevertheless what kind of action do you start when it crashs (does it involve opening an avs file with DGDecodeNV.dll?) and how much graphics memory do you have? Have you tried to monitor the usage with GPU-Z? And what kind of crash is it? Do you have any crash report?

@neuron: move the post to the GUI forum if necessary.
hiya zathor, i can tell you the easiest way to reproduce this (well at least for me):

1. load 5 jobs into megui
2. close megui, then open megui
3. hit start

at this point megui should gray out. you then have no option but to close megui in which case you get a crash window with this error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MeGUI.exe
Application Version: 0.3.5.12
Application Timestamp: 4c8d3471
Fault Module Name: nvcuda.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c379085
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000945564f
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2264
Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: dbaf
Additional Information 4: dbaf93d46593b450aa6261886a14bd19

after it closes down you will notice x264 is still running in taskmanager and cpu usage confirms that it is indeed encoding

script i use if it mattters:

# Set DAR in encoder to 16 : 9. The following line is for automatic signalling
global MeGUI_darx = 16
global MeGUI_dary = 9
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Megui_x64\tools\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("D:\8\00067.dgi",fieldop=0)

this happens in both 32 and 64 bit megui. sorry if this doesnt belong in this thread but i didnt know how else to reply to zathor's post directly.

*edit* if you do not close megui and then open it back up as per step #2, all will be fine. it will not gray out and crash.
*edit #2 forgot to answer zathor's questions* graphics memory is 512meg. usage on gpu-z is normal, around 8%. i explained the crash type and the report is posted.
*edit #3* after crashing this way around 4 or so times megui gets messed up and i have to reinstall otherwise it crashes anytime i even attempt to enque a job.

Last edited by gahz; 16th September 2010 at 09:28.
gahz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 05:42   #2629  |  Link
krosswindz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormento View Post
Neuron2, if any spare time, please make DGIndexNV remember in and out directory separately. Sometimes the ripping source drive is one, the output project one is another.
+1

This is something really very useful.
krosswindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 15:55   #2630  |  Link
asarian

"1. Activation of a screensaver or standby mode may interfere with proper operation of the NV tools. They should be disabled during use of the NV tools."

Hmnm, dumb question, no doubt, but does that also mean you can't game while DGSource is running?
Old 18th September 2010, 17:05   #2631  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

@neuron2: as promised here's an MKV with vorbis audio (dgindexnv cant demux it). it's 2 channels, if you need a MKV with vorbis 5.1 channels audio just ask.
http://www.mediafire.com/?p50eerrupiuyciq

Last edited by Sharktooth; 18th September 2010 at 17:19.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 09:17   #2632  |  Link
Underground78

Hello,

I have warnings "CuvidDecodePicture: 1" when seeking in DGIndexNV with some VOB files loaded, can I just ignore them safely as there are just warnings or do I need to provide you a sample so that you can check ?

Underground78
Underground78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 11:12   #2633  |  Link
asarian

Sadly, I seem to have a problem with DGDecNV, after all. :( All seemed to go so well. I was trying to encode the following job:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\dgdecnv2026\DGDecodeNV.dll")

DGSource("f:\jobs\push.dgi").ConvertToYV12()

Crop(0, 132, 0, -132)

MCTemporalDenoise(settings="low")
GradFun2DBmod(thr=1.4,thrC=1.0,mode=0,str=1.2,strC=0.0,temp=50,adapt=64,mask=false,show=false)

SupTitle("f:\jobs\push_exp.sup", forcedOnly=false, swapCbCr=false, relocate=true, relocOffset="0,0,0,0")
Decoding speed was never spectacular; it started off at around 1.46fps (which is pretty normal for a job using MCTemporalDenoise and 'placebo' settings for x264). But gradually performance started to degrade, getting ever slower over time. I aborted the process after a day when the frame processing rate had dropped to about 0.89fps (and CPU usage to an ultimate low 2%).

Also, DGSource seems to use a wicked amount of memory. At ca. ~5 GB total physical memory, it's using 1.5-2GB over what I'm used to. Not that I mind, per se; but I actually expected lower memory usage (as some would be offloaded to the GPU memory?).

So, I'm suspecting something is wrong, really. I use Windows 7, 64-bit, with a GTX285 and the latest 258.96 drivers.
Old 19th September 2010, 13:22   #2634  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Decoding speed was never spectacular; it started off at around 1.46fps (which is pretty normal for a job using MCTemporalDenoise and 'placebo' settings for x264). But gradually performance started to degrade, getting ever slower over time. I aborted the process after a day when the frame processing rate had dropped to about 0.89fps (and CPU usage to an ultimate low 2%).

Also, DGSource seems to use a wicked amount of memory. At ca. ~5 GB total physical memory, it's using 1.5-2GB over what I'm used to. Not that I mind, per se; but I actually expected lower memory usage (as some would be offloaded to the GPU memory?).
What makes you so sure that the decoder is the culprit? Have you tried without the filters? Are you using a modified version of Avisynth? Have you tried the "official" Avisynth 2.58? Have you tried a different decoder (FFMS2, Directshow, etc)?
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 13:44   #2635  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
What makes you so sure that the decoder is the culprit? Have you tried without the filters? Are you using a modified version of Avisynth? Have you tried the "official" Avisynth 2.58? Have you tried a different decoder (FFMS2, Directshow, etc)?
I've tried FFVideoSource and DSS2. Both perform as expected (ca 1.5fps). Only after using DGSource does performance gradually degrade. I'm re-encoding now with FFVideoSource, and there's no longer a decline in perfomance (and uses ca. 2G less memory).

Memory usage also steadily increases with DGSource; not dramatically, but still noticeable; from 4.6 to 5.1 GB over time (at which point I aborted the encode, since, at 2% CPU usage for x264, the decoder hardly seemed to feed any frames any more).

And yes, I use the official 2.58 AviSynth release.
Old 19th September 2010, 13:55   #2636  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Am I the only one who noticed bigger "desktop lagging" under Win7 with 260.x drivers while using DGDecodeNV.dll?

Even encoding speed seems slower..
Old 19th September 2010, 14:17   #2637  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

those drivers are in beta stage for a reason...
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 16:52   #2638  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Memory usage also steadily increases with DGSource; not dramatically, but still noticeable; from 4.6 to 5.1 GB over time (at which point I aborted the encode, since, at 2% CPU usage for x264, the decoder hardly seemed to feed any frames any more).

And yes, I use the official 2.58 AviSynth release.
The official Avisynth is 32 Bit so it's restricted to 2 GB of memory usage.
Which process uses how much memory? Did you check memory usage with Process Explorer?
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 03:39   #2639  |  Link
levi

Quote:
"1. Activation of a screensaver or standby mode may interfere with proper operation of the NV tools. They should be disabled during use of the NV tools."

Hmnm, dumb question, no doubt, but does that also mean you can't game while DGSource is running?
I guess it depends on the game. WOW seems fine.
levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 06:14   #2640  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktooth View Post
those drivers are in beta stage for a reason...
We can count WHQL drivers release on two hands. And we know that WHQL is a way for Microsoft to get money too, not a proof of quality.

I need feedback, not moaning