Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 26th June 2009, 14:14   #101  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Thanks for the new version and the calculator.

A few things to add to the avchdcoder list:
- use BDSup2Sub instead of TSMuxer (crashes on some subs) for resizing subs
I can use BDSup2Sub directly without commandline but I can figure out how to resize.
- don't delete AUXDATA folder of output (6 HW and 2 SW players need it. only 2, but probably 0 now (samsung firmware updates) require it to be deleted)
I have a Samsung BD-P1500 myself and lots of people do have this player. Haven't got any complaints it didn't work on other players. Only on some software players it doesn't work but thats no problem because I aim on Standalone players. I have 2 options for now. Pure AVCHD structure without JAR folders etc. or the way like I did it for now. Just no AUXDATA folder.
- if input fps = ~23.976 add this to avs: AssumeFPS(24000/1001) so the output is the same as input (eac3to and possibly 24p HW issues)
Okay I will fix this in next release.
- add to end of the avs: ConvertToYV12() (x264 only accepts YV12 and some decoders use other colorspaces)
Okay I will fix this too
- possible issue with current directshowsource(fps=23.9759856527702) some decoders may not like the unusual framerate (23.976 is safe)
Okay but will audio stay synchronized?
- custom size can't go below 1000 MB
Was a last minute change. Changelog should be 1000MB instead of 250MB.
- 1 MB = 1,000,000 bytes is technically correct but unusual outside of some HDDs/ISPs and other than CCE 2.7+ I've never seen it used in encoding
I think it is the clearest way to enter sizes. Entering the wrong size is almost not possible now. For example. USB sizes. Windows gives you the size in bytes. (At properties window)
- also is there a reason for the comma in the custom size, I have a feeling this is why it can't go below 1000 MB
At my system it is a dot. That is system dependant. In the USA you write 1 million dollars as: 1,000,000 but in europe yow write: 1.000.000. It depends on which version of windows you use.

Also in the next version of the calc do you plan on adding custom size in MB? Adding custom time in HH:MM:SS format?
And what are the current sizes in MiB of the current coder/calc sizes?
Custom and HH:MM:SS will be added. First version is to see if people like it.

Current sizes are:
DVD = 4700372992.0; (DVD+R because it is smaller then DVD-R)
DVDDL = 8543666176.0;
BD25 = 23283064365.0;
BD50 = 46566128730.0;
USB4 = 4000000000.0;
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2009, 19:27   #102  |  Link
setarip_old

@twazerty

Perhaps you can enlighten me, as I must be doing something wrong.

I've now used your program two different times, both times set to "Save to folder" (No menu, single movie) - and both times the program generates a "Completed" message after the two encoding passes - without performing the required muxing (Although it creates an empty folder).

Please advise.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2009, 20:07   #103  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@twazerty

Perhaps you can enlighten me, as I must be doing something wrong.

I've now used your program two different times, both times set to "Save to folder" (No menu, single movie) - and both times the program generates a "Completed" message after the two encoding passes - without performing the required muxing (Although it creates an empty folder).

Please advise.
Strange. It works perfectly here. (Empty folder will be created before actual conversion)
Converted a mkv and a m2ts for double check. I think something is going on with a filename. What is your source filename?

It took me hours to found out how to read mpls files. I am still not getting close but the following app does exactly what I need: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41722 It gives me the chapters from a mpls file. And I will use mediainfo to read chapters from mkv files.

Last edited by twazerty; 26th June 2009 at 20:41.
Old 26th June 2009, 20:51   #104  |  Link
setarip_old

The filename was "00000.m2ts"...
Old 26th June 2009, 21:40   #105  |  Link
turbojet

A simple fix for something on the list.

Quote:
A few things to add to the avchdcoder list:
- use BDSup2Sub instead of TSMuxer (crashes on some subs) for resizing subs
I can use BDSup2Sub directly without commandline but I can figure out how to resize.
bdsup2sub.jar <input> <output> /res:720
input and output can have wildcards, output extension defines if it's .sup or .sub

Quote:
- don't delete AUXDATA folder of output (6 HW and 2 SW players need it. only 2, but probably 0 now (samsung firmware updates) require it to be deleted)
I have a Samsung BD-P1500 myself and lots of people do have this player. Haven't got any complaints it didn't work on other players. Only on some software players it doesn't work but thats no problem because I aim on Standalone players. I have 2 options for now. Pure AVCHD structure without JAR folders etc. or the way like I did it for now. Just no AUXDATA folder.
Wouldn't you rather have it fixed before people complain?
I'll admit outside of by far the most popular software player (PowerDVD) the players aren't very common but it's a one-size fits many more (all?) output.

Quote:
- if input fps = ~23.976 add this to avs: AssumeFPS(24000/1001) so the output is the same as input (eac3to and possibly 24p HW issues)
Okay I will fix this in next release.
- add to end of the avs: ConvertToYV12() (x264 only accepts YV12 and some decoders use other colorspaces)
Okay I will fix this too
- possible issue with current directshowsource(fps=23.9759856527702) some decoders may not like the unusual framerate (23.976 is safe)
Okay but will audio stay synchronized?
Ya technically directshowsource is changing the video framerate by default but no one will ever notice it, these ensure same input/output framerate.

Quote:
- custom size can't go below 1000 MB
Was a last minute change. Changelog should be 1000MB instead of 250MB.
- 1 MB = 1,000,000 bytes is technically correct but unusual outside of some HDDs/ISPs and other than CCE 2.7+ I've never seen it used in encoding
I think it is the clearest way to enter sizes. Entering the wrong size is almost not possible now. For example. USB sizes. Windows gives you the size in bytes. (At properties window)
Are you planning on allowing below 1000 MB? It would help in some scenarios.
I can understand the USB limit, I'm coming from a different angle thinking half a DVD5 is 2240 MB, I guess I'll have to get used to 2348 MB

Quote:
Current sizes are:
DVD = 4700372992.0; (DVD+R because it is smaller then DVD-R)
DVDDL = 8543666176.0;
BD25 = 23283064365.0;
BD50 = 46566128730.0;
USB4 = 4000000000.0;
Physical limit for DVD5/9 hopefully the calc is a little low to prevent oversizing. The BD25 (25025314816) and BD50 (50050629632) look a little short but is that to prevent oversizing?

Last edited by turbojet; 26th June 2009 at 21:49.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2009, 21:59   #106  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Physical limit for DVD5/9 hopefully the calc is a little low to prevent oversizing. The BD25 (25025314816) and BD50 (50050629632) look a little short but is that to prevent oversizing?
Sizes are in bytes. Don't have blu-ray myself. I told somebody to check with ImgBurn the disc size for BD25. 25025314816 came up so I used that value. For BD50 I doubled the value. It is not for oversizing because my formula can't be oversized. It is always correct. There is 1 oversizing correction of 14kbps. See wikipedia for sizes: wiki They are the same as my sizes.
Quote:
Are you planning on allowing below 1000 MB? It would help in some scenarios.
I can understand the USB limit, I'm coming from a different angle thinking half a DVD5 is 2240 MB, I guess I'll have to get used to 2348 MB
Yes I change it. Needs some other changes otherwise you get strange results at bar in AVCHDCoder.

Quote:
Wouldn't you rather have it fixed before people complain?
I'll admit outside of by far the most popular software player (PowerDVD) the players aren't very common but it's a one-size fits many more (all?) output.
I do get complaints when I "fix" it. As soon as the latest firmware for Samsung BD-P1500 allows BD on DVD then I fix it because there are many people that do have this player.

Just before you posted a reply I found a way to have Blu-Ray folder input. It was so obvious I couldn't find it. Just eac3to. I know eac3to is a powerful machine but this powerful: WOW.
Old 27th June 2009, 04:26   #107  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
I do get complaints when I "fix" it. As soon as the latest firmware for Samsung BD-P1500 allows BD on DVD then I fix it because there are many people that do have this player.
Some one or a few people confirmed on this forum or avs that the latest 2.4 firmware plays with AUXDATA

< BD-P1500 Firmware Ver 2.4 >
Date: Apr.16, 2009
This Firmware update provides the following benefits:
1. Improves playback compatibility of some movie titles.

Have you tried it?
Samsung BD-2500 is also confirmed working with AUXDATA with

< BD-P2500 Firmware Ver 2.5 >
Date: Apr. 22, 2009
1. Improves playback compatibility of some movie titles

That leaves 2 samsung players that have 2 untested firmwares:

< BD-P1600 Firmware Ver 1.03 >
Date: JUNE. 23. 2009

< BD-P2500 Firmware Ver 2.5 >
Date: Apr. 22, 2009
1. Improves playback compatibility of some movie titles.

Samsung 3600 and 4600 I haven't heard reports of but they also have recent firmwares with the same note:
Old 27th June 2009, 09:39   #108  |  Link
rendez2k

I think I'm missing something here. I've tried two different MKV files and both have failed. The whole video encoding step is getting missed out each time. Any ideas? Is there a log file somewhere?

Edit: Just seen the installation guide on the website so running through those basic checks now.

Last edited by rendez2k; 27th June 2009 at 09:46.
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2009, 14:57   #109  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Some one or a few people confirmed on this forum or avs that the latest 2.4 firmware plays with AUXDATA

< BD-P1500 Firmware Ver 2.4 >
I read a post it didn't work but I give it a shot and it works. Needs some more testen. If tests complete I will "fix" it. I am also working on Blu-ray input and I am running on a problem. When I ask eac3to for playlist information it doesn't give me all playlists but when I ask information of a playlist directly I can get information of all playlists. What should I do?

Also another problem. When I have seamless branching discs can I demux it with tsMuxer so I have a 1 correct file?

Edit: Some more questions:
- if input fps = ~23.976 add this to avs: AssumeFPS(24000/1001)
check.
But what if input is 25fps? or 29.976? or 50fps? or 59.9?

And if I add AssumeFPS can I change this:
DirectShowsource("[sourcefile]",fps="[sourcefps]",audio=false)
to
DirectShowsource("[sourcefile]",audio=false)
??

Last edited by twazerty; 27th June 2009 at 17:40.
Old 27th June 2009, 17:34   #110  |  Link
setarip_old

The problem I described to you in Post #102 here is certainly the result of folder/filename protocol in AVCHDCoder.

In the "Settings", I set the default output folder to "E:\Test.

I then go through the steps of "Input", "Streams", and "Output".

In "Output", I select the "Auto" radiobutton for filename - and the program generates (without the quotes) "E:\Test/" instead of "E:\Test\"...
Old 27th June 2009, 18:00   #111  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
The problem I described to you in Post #102 here is certainly the result of folder/filename protocol in AVCHDCoder.

In the "Settings", I set the default output folder to "E:\Test.

I then go through the steps of "Input", "Streams", and "Output".

In "Output", I select the "Auto" radiobutton for filename - and the program generates (without the quotes) "E:\Test/" instead of "E:\Test\"...
Very annoying. My installer gives forward slashes, windows works with both and what java does is unknown :P anyway I ran through my programm and replaced everything with backslashes. Hopefully I missed nothing.
Old 27th June 2009, 18:19   #112  |  Link
setarip_old

Glad to hear I wasn't doing anything wrong and, instead, was able to help you track down a bug ;>}

You say:
Quote:
And I will use mediainfo to read chapters from mkv files.
And again, I would ask you - You're already using "tsMuxeR" with your GUI and "tsMuxeR" already automatically extracts the chapter information from MKVs, so why don't you use "tsMuxeR" to retrieve the MKV chapter information?
Old 27th June 2009, 18:57   #113  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
Glad to hear I wasn't doing anything wrong and, instead, was able to help you track down a bug ;>}

You say:And again, I would ask you - You're already using "tsMuxeR" with your GUI and "tsMuxeR" already automatically extracts the chapter information from MKVs, so why don't you use "tsMuxeR" to retrieve the MKV chapter information?
Never knew tsMuxeR can read that information via commandline. Again I am working with my eyes closed

Edit:

Now I use mediainfo for extracting info out from:
wmvhd, mkv and m2ts.
Is it safe to use tsMuxeR to extract stream info from mkv? or is it better to use mediainfo for that?

I mean the stream information itself instead of chapters.

Last edited by twazerty; 27th June 2009 at 19:05.
Old 27th June 2009, 19:16   #114  |  Link
setarip_old

@twazerty
Quote:
Never knew tsMuxeR can read that information via commandline. Again I am working with my eyes closed
Now you've gone and hurt my feelings (Just kidding).

See my posts #24 and #65 in this thread about chapters.

For information available from "tsMuxeR" commandline see:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=142559

Last edited by setarip_old; 27th June 2009 at 19:18. Reason: Add'l info
Old 27th June 2009, 23:00   #115  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
I read a post it didn't work but I give it a shot and it works. Needs some more testen. If tests complete I will "fix" it. I am also working on Blu-ray input and I am running on a problem. When I ask eac3to for playlist information it doesn't give me all playlists but when I ask information of a playlist directly I can get information of all playlists. What should I do?
I've noticed that too but it has always given enough playlists to do the job in the few times I've used it. Is that the case with your tests? If so, if more then one playlist is detected the user could be given a selection to choose one from.

Quote:
Also another problem. When I have seamless branching discs can I demux it with tsMuxer so I have a 1 correct file?
It can be done very unconventionally like BD-Rebuilder does it, but conventionally (just demux by mpls) has given me bad results each time. Manually I just use eac3to and it's worked for me every time. But it takes a lot longer to demux every thing then tsmuxer so I only use it for seamless branching.

Quote:
Edit: Some more questions:
- if input fps = ~23.976 add this to avs: AssumeFPS(24000/1001)
check.
But what if input is 25fps? or 29.976? or 50fps? or 59.9?
25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 come out of directshowsource with the original framerate if fps= is used so it's not an issue.

Also I gave you the wrong avisynth function it should be AssumeFPS(24000,1001)

Quote:
And if I add AssumeFPS can I change this:
DirectShowsource("[sourcefile]",fps="[sourcefps]",audio=false)
to
DirectShowsource("[sourcefile]",audio=false)
??
I can't say for sure but I do notice that directshowsource misidentifies the fps of some streams if fps isn't used. I'd keep it in there just to be safe.
Old 28th June 2009, 15:53   #116  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Now languages will be read from m2ts files,
chapters will be entered in gui for mkv and m2ts files. I use both mediainfo and tsMuxer for proper detections of streams. I only use tsMuxer for languages and chapters.
Now I am working on Seamless branching discs. I ran into some trouble. Eac3to doesn't allow me to demux to a folder I want. It demuxes them in the root of eac3to which is impossible since AVCHDCoder is in Program Files without admin rights. Only option is to use tsMuxer for demuxing.
TsMuxer gives me more flexability and it will be much easier to implement. Also there is only 1 implementation needed. Saves me lots of time.
Old 28th June 2009, 17:00   #117  |  Link
turbojet

Sounds great.

That's a strange issue are you trying both individual demuxing (eac3to 1) 1:C:\chapters.txt 2:C:\video.264 3:C:\audio.ac3) and demux to mkv (eac3to 1) C:\video_audio.mkv) ?

Recently there has been some reports of BD-Rebuilder having a skip in the audio on 2 seamless branching videos, might be related to tsmuxer trickery.

Also some updates, additions I thought of:

- change pause/resume button to pause when running, resume when paused
- change start button to stop when running
- group start/stop and pause/resume buttons
- group delete job and delete all buttons
- either change to mkv x264 output or use x264 --aud with .264 output (requires nal_hrd x264) (iirc there's some problems with seeking and lack of --aud with m2ts muxed from 264 files on certain players)
- use AssumeFPS(30000,1001) with Directshowsource(fps=29.97) and 60000,1001 with fps=59.94, the fps difference is so small eac3to and dgavcindex don't detect it but large enough to mess up ivtc
- show x264 FPS in progress bar
- use a few shades lighter orange in progress bar so the text is more legible
- x264 advanced options or override file (that reads only --b-adapt (change both passes) --deblock --subme --me --partitions --vaq --psy-rd --trellis --b-pyramid(?) --ref 1-4 only)
- individual update exe and tools system (upload exe\tools to update site for example megui)
- on loading input demux a little bit of the subs (10 seconds?) with tsmuxer and tag signifigantly smaller ones (forced)
- add more stream languages
- alphabetize stream languages but have a common section at the top like tsmuxer does (concerning USA\CA: zho is a lot more common then chi for chinese, fra is a lot more common then fre for french)
- identify tff/bff interlacing with mediainfo and adjust x264 accordingly (requires x264_nal_hrd x264, rarely needed)
- add ivtc video option for 29.97 fps that uses tfm().tdecimate() or telecide().decimate() and removes x264 --tff/--bff, result is 23.976 (rarely needed)
- add ivtc video option for 25 fps that uses tfm().tdecimate(25) or telecide().decimate(25) and removes x264 --tff/--bff if applicable, result is 24.00 fps (rarely needed)
- identify pulldown (mediainfo?) and use tsmuxer delpulldown (rarely needed)

Last edited by turbojet; 28th June 2009 at 17:17.
Old 28th June 2009, 18:35   #118  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Please keep in mind AVCHDCoder points to users without much knowledge. Technical video options will be added but has no high priority. Technical improvements will be done and also GUI improvements will be done. I'll do some more research. Also opening Blu-ray folders work now.

Quote:
- show x264 FPS in progress bar
- use a few shades lighter orange in progress bar so the text is more legible
I think x264 fps in progressbar is a nice feature. Recently I switched to another java Look and Feel and it doesn't allow me to change color of the bar. The text color can be changed. I am running into some other problems with the Queue tab and I have plans of rebuilding the queue tab. Maybe I leave the appearance roughly the same but it is also possible I build a totally different Queue. This is what I have in my mind since a couple of weeks:

I think I go for a version without tabs. When you click on a item the information will shop up.
Old 28th June 2009, 19:41   #119  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by twazerty View Post
Please keep in mind AVCHDCoder points to users without much knowledge. Technical video options will be added but has no high priority. Technical improvements will be done and also GUI improvements will be done. I'll do some more research. Also opening Blu-ray folders work now.
I see, once the advanced options (actually lack of psy-trellis is the only thing I'm really concerned about) are added, framerates are fixed and BDSup2sub is used this will probably be the app I use first when encoding AVCHD. I like the simplicity yet the power of it.

Quote:
I think x264 fps in progressbar is a nice feature. Recently I switched to another java Look and Feel and it doesn't allow me to change color of the bar. The text color can be changed. I am running into some other problems with the Queue tab and I have plans of rebuilding the queue tab. Maybe I leave the appearance roughly the same but it is also possible I build a totally different Queue. This is what I have in my mind since a couple of weeks:

I think I go for a version without tabs. When you click on a item the information will shop up.
That looks like nice is there a porgress bar color that makes the reading more legible?
Old 28th June 2009, 20:05   #120  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

Quote:
I see, once the advanced options (actually lack of psy-trellis is the only thing I'm really concerned about) are added, framerates are fixed and BDSup2sub is used this will probably be the app I use first when encoding AVCHD. I like the simplicity yet the power of it.

That looks like nice is there a porgress bar color that makes the reading more legible?
Nibus look and feel doesn't allow me changing the colors. Only the text inside a progressbar can be changed.

Tags
avchd, mkv