Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 5th November 2016, 00:37   #1  |  Link
Danette

RipBot264 Custom Scripting In Batch Mode

RipBot264 has an excellent - and unique (Handbrake has no ability here) - method to add Avisynth script to a single job. However, the concept of custom scripting seems to have been lost when the batch capability is considered. It seems that the best, albeit very cumbersome, way to add script to batch jobs is to load the batch, start it running and, once the demuxing/frame extraction completes, abort the process and edit each job individually to paste in the custom script. It's either that or open and modify the jobs in the Temp folder. Am I missing some way to do this by simply setting the custom script once in the batch screen such as is possible through the "Properties" link for individual jobs?
Danette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 11:59   #2  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

what custom script would you like to use in batch mode?
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2016, 18:37   #3  |  Link
Danette

video=TFM(Video,slow=2)
video=TDecimate(Video)
video=QTGMC(Video,InputType=1,Preset="Very Slow",EZDenoise=1.5)
Trim(video,0,945)
Old 13th November 2016, 02:20   #4  |  Link
Danette

Any chance of receiving an answer to the OP?
Old 18th November 2016, 18:23   #5  |  Link
kuchikirukia

Stick 'em all in one folder and use MeGUI's one-click. Make a OneClick profile with your encoding settings, then Input the folder.
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 02:54   #6  |  Link
Danette

kuchikirukia:

Thanks. I had hoped to use RipBot's capability to allow audio passthru (which MeGUI doesn't allow). However, since I can't get the best of both worlds, I'll use MeGUI since it is batch capable and settle for the QAAC audio conversion.

Atak_Snajpera:

If you ever decide to add batch functionality, with customized Avisynth script, it would likely set RipBot at the top of the pack of x264 converters. RipBot does have the easiest GUI of them all.
Old 2nd December 2016, 17:32   #7  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

One thing I've done is edit the scripts after the fact with Find and Replace with Notepad++ (can do many docs at the same time)
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 15:53   #8  |  Link
Danette

Thanks byteshare, but I settled upon an easier way. I created several profiles, based upon different Avisynth scripts, in MeGUI's One-click function. So, now I demux the MKV files using MKVCleaver (a batch demuxer) then convert the video codec to x264 with the batch capability of MeGUI and, finally, mux all the resulting x264 codec with the original audio files and chapter files using MKVBatch (a batch muxer). Three simple steps with very little manual effort.
Old 22nd January 2019, 11:21   #9  |  Link
skylinekiller

Is there a way to have ripbot use a .srt file that is not muxed into the video file? Additionally, Ripbot does not seem to be grabbing the .pgs file out of the .mkv When I select Remux subs, nothing is selectable, but the file has a .pgs. I'd rather not use the .pgs since I made my own edits. I would like to "hard code"the subtitles into the video. How do I do this

I was able to figure it out. You have to hit the arrow button. It's not as easy to find but its doable

Last edited by skylinekiller; 22nd January 2019 at 12:16.
skylinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote