Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 9th November 2016, 18:31   #221  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

It is what it is, whether tis scientifically accurate or not does not really matter (realistically, few were questioning whether it may be).
If it gives pleasing result, then that is it's intrinsic worth. Fluffy would have us all hand coloring black and white sequences, this is
one helluva lot simpler and easier and yes does fool the brain into accepting it as better than the source sequence, and if that is so,
then who cares if it accurately approximates the original pre capture scene.
Tis an interesting little folly and now that we all accept that, Fluffy can go off and antagonize his next victim.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 18:52   #222  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Tis an interesting little folly
The thing is, it would be better if MWilson had presented it in those terms.
If he had said from the start, "Here's a fun effect I discovered by playing about. It has no scientific basis, but seems to create the right colours for certain types of scenes, if you don't look too closely", we would all have accepted it in those terms.

Instead, by accident or design, he gave the impression that he had invented some wonderful way of extracting accurate colour information from greyscale images. Perhaps he even believes that he has, I still don't know.
Old 9th November 2016, 19:00   #223  |  Link
MWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
The thing is, it would be better if MWilson had presented it in those terms.
If he had said from the start, "Here's a fun effect I discovered by playing about. It has no scientific basis, but seems to create the right colours for certain types of scenes, if you don't look too closely", we would all have accepted it in those terms.

Instead, by accident or design, he gave the impression that he had invented some wonderful way of extracting accurate colour information from greyscale images. Perhaps he even believes that he has, I still don't know.

If I gave that impression, I sincerely apologize. It was an accident. No, I do not believe that. I just wanted to share something I thought could be useful. I admit I may be overly enthusiastic, but my intentions are good.
Old 9th November 2016, 19:04   #224  |  Link
captaiŋadamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilson View Post
Stop this, it IS harassment and borderline slander.
Just to be pedantic, it would be libel not slander. Slander is a spoken statement.
Old 9th November 2016, 19:08   #225  |  Link
MWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaiŋadamo View Post
Just to be pedantic, it would be libel not slander. Slander is a spoken statement.
Ha, you're right! Darn it!
Old 9th November 2016, 20:33   #226  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

I guess that some of us could having gotten a little over awed by some examples (the Golden girl GobSmacked me),
now, just gonna nip off and sharpen my razor blades in a great little cardboard pyramid that I bought at a very reasonable price,
they'll be nice and sharp by the morn.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 15th July 2017, 15:27   #227  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Have restored my images since Photobucket broke them all,

@MWilson, if you wish to do same for yours, right click on your image on PhotoBucket, and select "Save Link As",
Then upload to eg postimg.org (is easy, can do without register if prefer), and restore the new links via forum edit.

Old 15th July 2017, 17:16   #228  |  Link
MWilson

Quote:
@MWilson, if you wish to do same for yours, right click on your image on PhotoBucket, and select "Save Link As",
Then upload to eg postimg.org (is easy, can do without register if prefer), and restore the new links via forum edit.
Thanks for the tip Will update this post when it gets fixed.
Old 15th July 2017, 17:37   #229  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

MW,
It probably aint gonna get fixed. (If you are talking about Photobucket restoring images), they want you to pay money now [EDIT: $400 annual] for
direct inserting images into forum (they changed the rules apparently, and very quietly).
Just go to the site and selelct 1st image, and save it, move on to next image via the big arrow (I think, have deleted my PB account).

You probably need do similar with Vimeo and for any other images that are broken.

EDIT: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...09#post1811309

EDIT: I think about 2 or 3 images could not be downloaded from my account, (looked same as on forum), but I got back 260+
images OK.

EDIT: On second thoughts, I think I may have saved those that looked same as on forum, and they saved correctly, not sure though.

Last edited by StainlessS; 16th July 2017 at 10:54.
Old 16th July 2017, 04:35   #230  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

For anyone wanting to find all instances of PhotoBucket images embedded in their posts,

Advanced Search on keyword "PhotoBucket", and tick 'Posts' (rather than 'Threads'), and UserName to your own username.

I have now reinstated almost all of my PhotoBucket Images, downloaded from that site and re-upped to PostImage.org (about 250 images),
and in doing so have found that many others have had their images broken too. (tis very tedious and time consuming if you gots lots of them,
but worth doing I think).

You could do as above if you just wanna check out your posts.

Old 20th July 2017, 02:19   #231  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
For anyone wanting to find all instances of PhotoBucket images embedded in their posts,

Advanced Search on keyword "PhotoBucket", and tick 'Posts' (rather than 'Threads'), and UserName to your own username.

I have now reinstated almost all of my PhotoBucket Images, downloaded from that site and re-upped to PostImage.org (about 250 images),
and in doing so have found that many others have had their images broken too. (tis very tedious and time consuming if you gots lots of them,
but worth doing I think).

You could do as above if you just wanna check out your posts.
StainlessS,

They haven't hit me yet (don't know why), but I expect they will. What you describe sounds like HOURS of work. Were you able to automate it somehow? I can't imagine going through hundreds (or more) posts and cutting/pasting links. Not only would that be tedious, but I don't know how I could possibly keep track of everything:

1. Find next forum post with a link.
2. Open to edit.
3. Try to find the new link from the new hosting site that matches the broken Photobucket link (that would be torture, I would think).
4. Copy/paste the new link.
5. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Just this one forum would take a day. You must have figured out something simpler.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 02:40   #232  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
You must have figured out something simpler.
Wish that were the case. I think I started about mid morning, and finished about 05:00AM next morning

I downloaded all images (although I think I missed about 3),
Created a few directories where lots of images in single thread, eg GAMMAC dir, copied all images that I thought were from thread to the directories.
(Some I did not have a clue where they lived).
Find next post. Upload images for that post to postimage.org, copied links into thread, and moved images into DONE folder.
Repeat ~260 times.
(very tedious, every now and then the list of links expire and you have to redo the search).

I'm guessin that the problem originated in some recent-ish thread like GamMac, where there are lots of images, and also a significant number
of views on thread [EDIT: or this one, 30,000 views]. Maybe they added some kind of monitor recently so older threads not so much affected.

Last edited by StainlessS; 20th July 2017 at 02:57.
Old 18th August 2017, 17:24   #233  |  Link
MWilson

Code:
 function ct(clip v)
{##(c) MWilson 2017
v=v.converttoyv12().greyscale()
gs=v.greyscale().separatefields().gaussresize(360,360).converttoyv12().padding(16,16,16,16)
gs
r=gs.F2Quiver(1,3,47,127,0)
g=gs.F2Quiver(1,3,120,127,0)
b=gs.F2Quiver(1,3,126,127,6)
mergergb(b,g,r)
invert()
autogamma()
gaussresize(80,80,p=1)
converttoyv12()
coloryuv(autowhite=true)
gaussresize(width(gs),height(gs))
hqdn3d(0,7,0,14)
mergechroma(gs,last)
padresize(360,360)
weave()
converttorgb()
gaussresize(width(v),height(v))
gammac(-3,show=false)
converttoyv12()
return last
}
This isn't complete, but the output surprised me

P.S.
Sorry for being away so long, my father passed away and it's been rough.

P.P.S.
A Quick Video:

Last edited by MWilson; 18th August 2017 at 18:54. Reason: Added Link - Same With Less
MWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2017, 01:17   #234  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Uh... It didn't recognise the face of the girl, but it did recognise that the tiles on the back were yellowish (white with a yellow light) and that the captions on the left sign were red, while the ones on the right sign were black, which is something. Probably because the light was stronger in that point, so it thought it may have been of a similar colour. Anyway, I don't have a clue about the haloing around the girl, which is pretty bad. It looks like a bronze-statue.

Last edited by FranceBB; 22nd August 2017 at 01:20.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2017, 19:03   #235  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

It doesn't recognize anything. The colors are randomized based on luma info only. Any resemblance to the original colors is pure coincidence.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:54   #236  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

I mean, seriously. Look at the script. Literally all it does is take the grayscale image, convert it to RGB using the luma as R, G and B, blur it in at least three different ways and run auto white balancing on it. The reason it has so much haloing is that the chroma is constructed from the luma downscaled to first 360x360 and then further to 80x80 pixels, plus different kinds of blurring on top of that.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 12:08   #237  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
It doesn't recognize anything. The colors are randomized based on luma info only. Any resemblance to the original colors is pure coincidence.
cmon his dad just died, u can always save the bad news for a more appropriate time
edit: typo

Last edited by feisty2; 23rd August 2017 at 12:26.
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 02:38   #238  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
I mean, seriously. Look at the script. Literally all it does is take the grayscale image, convert it to RGB using the luma as R, G and B, blur it in at least three different ways and run auto white balancing on it. The reason it has so much haloing is that the chroma is constructed from the luma downscaled to first 360x360 and then further to 80x80 pixels, plus different kinds of blurring on top of that.
Got it. So it's pure luck. What's the point of doing it, then? Thanks for the clarification, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty2 View Post
cmon his dad just died, u can always save the bad news for a more appropriate time
edit: typo
Yep, I'm sorry about his father.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 00:06   #239  |  Link
color

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWilson View Post
Code:
 function ct(clip v)
{##(c) MWilson 2017
v=v.converttoyv12().greyscale()
gs=v.greyscale().separatefields().gaussresize(360,360).converttoyv12().padding(16,16,16,16)
gs
r=gs.F2Quiver(1,3,47,127,0)
g=gs.F2Quiver(1,3,120,127,0)
b=gs.F2Quiver(1,3,126,127,6)
mergergb(b,g,r)
invert()
autogamma()
gaussresize(80,80,p=1)
converttoyv12()
coloryuv(autowhite=true)
gaussresize(width(gs),height(gs))
hqdn3d(0,7,0,14)
mergechroma(gs,last)
padresize(360,360)
weave()
converttorgb()
gaussresize(width(v),height(v))
gammac(-3,show=false)
converttoyv12()
return last
}
This isn't complete, but the output surprised me

P.S.
Sorry for being away so long, my father passed away and it's been rough.

P.P.S.
A Quick Video:
I'm trying this but I can not find padresize anywhere?
It is when deactivate that making great colors for some clips I'm using but it looks wierd in the edges.

EDIT: I just found it, took me some time but i found a link from another forum (videohelp)
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...-mod-functions
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w8sayu...ersPack4.5.zip

Last edited by color; 18th December 2017 at 11:45. Reason: Found more information
color is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automated, color, colorization