Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th May 2009, 07:36   #4261  |  Link
karasu

The new x264 (with a working filename) have corrected my memory blow problem. Now for the same work the max mem used is around 600M (1500M and more before, with x264 crashes)
karasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 23:29   #4262  |  Link
daWsOn_s
Sandro

DVXA presents give error when second pass starts, known bug or my problem?
daWsOn_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 23:58   #4263  |  Link
daWsOn_s
Sandro

Nevermind
daWsOn_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 19:49   #4264  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

I'm doing a pre-rendering pass in MeGUI with some pretty heavy filtering and mencoder is close to but never exceeds 50% CPU. Is mencoder's HuffYUV encoding multithreaded? If so, I guess it's time for me to move to Avisynth-MT...
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 02:57   #4265  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

if you're doing heavy filtering, then avisynth is your limiting factor.
Sharktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 03:00   #4266  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Edit: System idle time is 40-50% and mencoder is about the same. I'm beginning to think Avisynth isn't the hang-up in this particular case.

Last edited by Inspector.Gadget; 30th May 2009 at 04:34.
Old 30th May 2009, 08:44   #4267  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector.Gadget View Post
Edit: System idle time is 40-50% and mencoder is about the same. I'm beginning to think Avisynth isn't the hang-up in this particular case.
Avisynth CPU time is counted as part of mencoder CPU time.

Also, on a dual-core system, "50%" is one core.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 10:32   #4268  |  Link
daberti

Megui and FLV to H264

Just trying to figure out how to do.
I've Ffdshow installed, but I'd need some hints.

Thanks in advance
Dan
daberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 14:15   #4269  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

get FLV splitter from here: http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...zip&a=75719497
ensure FFDShow can decode the streams by playing the .flv file in your favourite DirectShow media player, if it does, then use megui's avseditor to create a script using directshowsource() to open the file. load it and go on encoding.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 30th May 2009 at 14:22.
Old 30th May 2009, 22:43   #4270  |  Link
pihug12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihug12 View Post
I finally solve my problem with the update.

I delete these keys :

And I delete the file "C:\Users\Pierre\Desktop\Streamy\proxy.pac".

I don't know how this file was a part of the registry. It was just unzipped from an archive, no installer.
The problem re-appears each time I open Streamy. I just need to delete the file proxy.pac (I don't touch the registry) and the problem is gone.
Maybe you can find a way to avoid this. :-/

Thanks !
pihug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 01:59   #4271  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

im sorry but we cant fix other softwares (expecially if they're not opensource softwares).
if "streamy" compromises your internet connectivity, we can do nothing to fix it. just contact that software developers and ask why their software is messing with your internet connection.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 1st June 2009 at 03:03.
Old 31st May 2009, 20:01   #4272  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

MeGUI crashed on me while I was doing something stupid. x264 is still running, according to the process monitor. If I leave it alone, it'll still finish encoding the file, right?
Old 31st May 2009, 20:39   #4273  |  Link
nurbs

Since the last update the x264 profiles contain "--fullrange on" by default. I thought this option should only be activated if the input uses the range 0-255, which isn't the case for DVD and Blu-Ray sources.
If I'm correct then why is it enabled by default and why isn't there a way to deactivate it?
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 21:30   #4274  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
MeGUI crashed on me while I was doing something stupid. x264 is still running, according to the process monitor. If I leave it alone, it'll still finish encoding the file, right?
It should, as Megui's front end capability sets up the command line parameters for the encode, and when started, 264 takes over and goes on from there until done.

In any event, you'll find out eventually
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 21:46   #4275  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurbs View Post
Since the last update the x264 profiles contain "--fullrange on" by default. I thought this option should only be activated if the input uses the range 0-255, which isn't the case for DVD and Blu-Ray sources.
If I'm correct then why is it enabled by default and why isn't there a way to deactivate it?
Are you sure about "--fullrange on" flag? I don't see it but I encoded some video and noticed that it have wrong levels when video played using CoreAVC (CoreAVC thinks input have PC levels) and right levels with MPC-HC with or without DXVA(I guess MPC-HC do not respect fullrange flag). So then it makes sence to me...

EDIT: encoding to h264 with ffmpeg gives me right levels with CoreAVC so probably fullrange flag is somewhere there in MeGui.

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 31st May 2009 at 22:18.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 22:40   #4276  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

OMG, when nurbs said "profiles" i looked directly into xml files. There is no such flag in them but now I see it in MeGui commandline...
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 22:44   #4277  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Thanks, rapscallion. New question for devs and others: when I drag a .dgm file into the AVS Script Creator, I get an error that tells me that there is no function called "MPGSource". I assume this is because the current syntax for DGMPGDecNV is DGSource() rather than MPGSource(). Is this intended behavior and I'm just screwing up somewhere, or is this a bug?
Old 1st June 2009, 03:06   #4278  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

i think ALL DVDs and Blu-rays have 0-255 range. however i'll make it an option.

EDIT: done.

@inspector.gadget: megui defaults to DGMpegDec syntax since it's free and it's included with megui updates, however does DGMpegDec accepts DGSource as well? In that case, ill just swap MPGSource with DGSource, otherwise additional checks are needed.

Last edited by Sharktooth; 1st June 2009 at 03:49.
Old 1st June 2009, 06:23   #4279  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
New question for devs and others: when I drag a .dgm file into the AVS Script Creator, I get an error that tells me that there is no function called "MPGSource". I assume this is because the current syntax for DGMPGDecNV is DGSource() rather than MPGSource(). Is this intended behavior and I'm just screwing up somewhere, or is this a bug?
it's because the code isn't updated yet to support the new version...
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 16:35   #4280  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Sharktooth: DGSource() doesn't work with a regular d2v file, as far as I can test, so you may need to separate the function. I don't know anything about programming, but since opening a .dgm file in the AVS Script Creator already starts the CUVID server, the "hook" may already be there.

Related issue: When encoding using any of the NV tools and the CUVID server running, opening another NV (dgm, dgv, dga) file in the AVS Script Creator accesses the running CUVID server and crashes MeGUI but apparently doesn't interfere with x264 or the instance of Avisynth it uses (and has only brought down the CUVID server one of two time I've done the same stupid thing ). I realize it's not MeGUI's fault, but if you developers get a chance, maybe you could figure out a way to check for a running instance of the server and disallow any further automatic access through the AVS Script Creator to keep idiots like me from constantly messing themselves up. Many thanks for an excellent program.

Tags
megui