Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd October 2007, 05:39   #241  |  Link
morphx2

I tried Oliver's method...12 monkeys was totally out of sync! Any ideas on how to fix this? Is there a way to check to make sure it is in sync first before encoding it and is there a way to change the audio delay somewhere?
morphx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 05:46   #242  |  Link
morphx2

Ahh, I think I figured out why. I did the wrong framecount :-\ That would be the reason huh? I did it for the counted, not calculated.

Edit: It is still REALLY out of sync!!! AHhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by morphx2; 3rd October 2007 at 06:08.
morphx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2007, 12:07   #243  |  Link
Holdris

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzy999 View Post
This is so painful. However im 1 step away from putting 5.1ch into a final wmv-hd file.

I've got a mkv file (1080P Movie)
I've got an Ac3 file (5.1 Audio)

When i put these together in WME, everything goes fine until i hit apply, i use the windows media audio 10 pro, and eg: 440kbs 5.1ch 48Hz

It always comes up with this error

"The input media format is invalid.(0xC00D0BB8)"

Everytime i use 5.1ch or more is comes up with this error

Everytime i use 2 ch is works fine.. What the hell is going on????

My comp is set to 5.1ch too....?????????????

I'm having the exact same problem, always 0xC00D0BB8 error when trying to encode 5.1 to WMA.

I'm using WMNicEnc and the CCCP codec pack.

Has anyone found a solution for this?
Holdris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 11:32   #244  |  Link
zambelli
Doom9ing since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdris View Post
I'm having the exact same problem, always 0xC00D0BB8 error when trying to encode 5.1 to WMA.

I'm using WMNicEnc and the CCCP codec pack.

Has anyone found a solution for this?
Decoding to 6 mono WAV files and then to WMA Pro ought to always work. Also, WMCmd.vbs has more advanced encoding options than WMNicEnc at this point (thought I'd be happy to help Nic update his tool if he's got time).
zambelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 19:30   #245  |  Link
kwestgat

Video batch file issue

I have succesfully encoded evo to wmvhd a couple of times using the process described in this forum/thread.

Now im trying to convert the departed HdDVD and Im running into problems.

If I graphedit video = vc1-intervideodemultiplexer-intervideo decoder- When the bat file runs it tells me its failed to retrieve duration attribute from source plugin trying alertnate method.... this way will encode the movie as for as 161,160 kbs then it ends. I have the correct frame count set but it always stops right at this point.

If i graphedit the video VC1 file or the rebuilt evo file with sonic demux-sonic videodecoder 4.3- the bat. tells me I dont have the correct RGB out pin?

I can watch all three versions thru graph edit just fine with a render filter at the end.

Im using Xp/Dual Processor with 3 gb of ram
demux-avs-grf with a bat file

the settings in the bat file are

-v_bframedist 1 -v_bdeltaqp 1 -v_mslevel 1 -v_codec wvc1 -v_keydist 3 -v_mode 2 -v_quality 96 -v_mmatch 0 -v_msrange 0 -v_performance 20 -v_loopfilter 1 -a_codec wmapro -a_setting 192_44_2_24

the settings in the video avs file are

fps=23.976, audio=false, seekzero=false, seek=true).trim(0,227679) Ive also used framecount=xxxxxx

my audio is standard and not a concern, I dont need 5.1 audio and that side of things appears to be fine.
kwestgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2007, 14:32   #246  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

http://rapidshare.com/files/66107349...h_5.1.doc.html

Hello everyone and anyone. This link will download EVO to WMV HD with 5.1 support guide. I do not pretend to be a mastermind with computers and can say I started originally with OliverDB's guide. All this guide is a more thorough guide going from start to finish so anyone even with basic computer knowledge can understand it. (something I could not understand with OliverDB as I think his guide is for people who know what they are doing) where is I at first did not.

Last edited by Sephiroth0000; 29th October 2007 at 22:19.
Sephiroth0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 04:24   #247  |  Link
jaihenwood

Sephiroth0000 - I'm soooo happy to find your guide! i'm really new and i'm trying it now!

thanks i've already learned a lot from it

just a few things questions i have already:

1. when i downloaded GraphEdit you linked me to an old version. I already downloaded a new version i think and i don't have the files you talk about moving into the system folder. should i just download the old version or new?

2. i can't find a version of Sonic CinePlayer 4.3 I found 4.2 is that going to be a problem?

thanks again!
jaihenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 11:42   #248  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaihenwood View Post
Sephiroth0000 - I'm soooo happy to find your guide! i'm really new and i'm trying it now!

thanks i've already learned a lot from it

just a few things questions i have already:

1. when i downloaded GraphEdit you linked me to an old version. I already downloaded a new version i think and i don't have the files you talk about moving into the system folder. should i just download the old version or new?

2. i can't find a version of Sonic CinePlayer 4.3 I found 4.2 is that going to be a problem?

thanks again!
I would suggest going with the older version of GraphEdit as it is more likely to be successful. However with the old GraphEdit please do not run the register file it gives you and instead regsvr32 the files as stated in the guide. 4.2 should not be a problem but make sure to change the AllowAllRenders from 0 to 1 or they may not connect in GraphEdit. Any queries result to the guide or ask me and I will help all I can. It drove me mad for ages at first but once you have done it the first time its childs play. I am now actually working on decreasing the convert time and believe I can fufill this with using MS DOS with NTFS read and write support. But my work is only theory at the moment and I will update on here the more I find out.
Old 30th October 2007, 19:22   #249  |  Link
kwestgat

Thanks Sepiroth

Sepiroth first and foremost thank you for your guide it has been very helpful.

Do you think you can explain why a windows media encode would crash at the same place in the movie everytime?
Ive tried everything. Ive changed VBR modes Ive adjusted audio levels, conversion size, what am I missing?...I just cant figure this one out .
kwestgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 04:02   #250  |  Link
superhero6

Thanks for the guide Sephiroth0000!
I have one question. How do you handle audio sync problems? Some HDDVD's I own covert just fine but others like a certain Giant Robot movie are giving me fits.
Any help/hints/voodoo would be welcome.
Thanks
superhero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 10:21   #251  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwestgat View Post
Sepiroth first and foremost thank you for your guide it has been very helpful.

Do you think you can explain why a windows media encode would crash at the same place in the movie everytime?
Ive tried everything. Ive changed VBR modes Ive adjusted audio levels, conversion size, what am I missing?...I just cant figure this one out .
If it is the same place in the movie everytime and its the same movie you are doing then all I can imagine is the original video file may be error'd. I suggest getting another copy of the file and seeing how you go from there. Also if you could paste the settings and error code it may help
Old 31st October 2007, 10:26   #252  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero6 View Post
Thanks for the guide Sephiroth0000!
I have one question. How do you handle audio sync problems? Some HDDVD's I own covert just fine but others like a certain Giant Robot movie are giving me fits.
Any help/hints/voodoo would be welcome.
Thanks
I take it you mean the audio is out of time. Are you attempting it with a true HD source audio file? When you EvoDemux the file it shows what audio streams are TrueHD and what are not. I would say try it with DolbyDigital or DTS but not TrueHD. Also how are you doing it? Are you following the guide I did or another means? If so what is the way you are doing it?

Oh and also I have found when I do transcodes for HD DVD and make my system do other stuff like browsing or what not it causes problems and especially if your PC hibernates or anything. Problems I have suffered with are crashes during the transcode aswell as choppy video. Now I just leave the PC until it is finished.

AT LEAST YOU HAVE THE GIANT ROBOT MOVIE TO PLAY WITH ! I CAN'T GET IT ANYWHERE HA, HA, HA
Old 31st October 2007, 12:54   #253  |  Link
superhero6

Thanks for the quick response. I'm basically using your method.
1. I rip with AnyDVDHD.
2. Use Evodemux to get the calculated frames.
3. Then use Evodemux to rebuild the evo into one big evo.
4. Demux the h624 stream and the DD+ audio stream.
5. Build a .grf for the video stream.
Transformers_HDDVD.264>Sonic HD Demuxer>CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder I had problems with strange artifacts with the Sonic Video filter.
6. Then create a .avs.

DirectShowSource("C:\encodes\Video_Transformers.GRF", fps=23.976, audio=false, seekzero=false, seek=true, framecount=206368)
Spline36Resize(1280,720)
Crop(0,92,0,-88)
ConvertToYV12()

6. Use this .bat file to convert and encode the audio stream to wma.

C:\EncodingTools\eac3to\eac3to.exe %1 C:\encodes\output.wav
c:\encodes\tranzcode.exe c:\encodes\output.wav c:\encodes\output
c:\encodes\wavavimux -o c:\encodes\audio.avi -iwav 6 output-FL.wav output-FR.wav output-C.wav output-LFE.wav output-SL.wav output-SR.wav -mask 63
cscript.exe c:\encodes\wmcmd.vbs -input c:\encodes\audio.avi -output c:\encodes\Encoded_audio.wma -audioonly -a_codec WMAPRO -a_mode 0 -a_setting 768_48_6_24

7. Use this bat file to encode the video

cmd /k cscript.exe c:\encodes\wmcmd.vbs -input %1 -output c:\encodes\"%~n1".wmv -v_codec WVC1 -videoonly -v_mode 0 -v_bitrate 8000000 -v_keydist 4 -v_buffer 600000 -v_quality 100 -v_preset better

8. Then I use the Windows Media Stream Editor to mux the wma and wmv together.

9. I usually then watch it and enjoy.. but not this time

It appears to me that the audio is just behind the video. I know you are supposed to be able to determine the delay using Evodemux but I have tried using methods I found from searching posts here on doom9, but they don't seem to be working. (Looking at the Video First PTS and Audio First PTS and trying to determine it from there). Maybe I'm not calculating it correctly or maybe I don't really know what I'm doing .
Thanks for your help.
Old 31st October 2007, 13:43   #254  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. I'm basically using your method.
1. I rip with AnyDVDHD.
2. Use Evodemux to get the calculated frames.
3. Then use Evodemux to rebuild the evo into one big evo.
4. Demux the h624 stream and the DD+ audio stream.
5. Build a .grf for the video stream.
Transformers_HDDVD.264>Sonic HD Demuxer>CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder I had problems with strange artifacts with the Sonic Video filter.
6. Then create a .avs.

DirectShowSource("C:\encodes\Video_Transformers.GRF", fps=23.976, audio=false, seekzero=false, seek=true, framecount=206368)
Spline36Resize(1280,720)
Crop(0,92,0,-88)
ConvertToYV12()

6. Use this .bat file to convert and encode the audio stream to wma.

C:\EncodingTools\eac3to\eac3to.exe %1 C:\encodes\output.wav
c:\encodes\tranzcode.exe c:\encodes\output.wav c:\encodes\output
c:\encodes\wavavimux -o c:\encodes\audio.avi -iwav 6 output-FL.wav output-FR.wav output-C.wav output-LFE.wav output-SL.wav output-SR.wav -mask 63
cscript.exe c:\encodes\wmcmd.vbs -input c:\encodes\audio.avi -output c:\encodes\Encoded_audio.wma -audioonly -a_codec WMAPRO -a_mode 0 -a_setting 768_48_6_24

7. Use this bat file to encode the video

cmd /k cscript.exe c:\encodes\wmcmd.vbs -input %1 -output c:\encodes\"%~n1".wmv -v_codec WVC1 -videoonly -v_mode 0 -v_bitrate 8000000 -v_keydist 4 -v_buffer 600000 -v_quality 100 -v_preset better

8. Then I use the Windows Media Stream Editor to mux the wma and wmv together.

9. I usually then watch it and enjoy.. but not this time

It appears to me that the audio is just behind the video. I know you are supposed to be able to determine the delay using Evodemux but I have tried using methods I found from searching posts here on doom9, but they don't seem to be working. (Looking at the Video First PTS and Audio First PTS and trying to determine it from there). Maybe I'm not calculating it correctly or maybe I don't really know what I'm doing .
Thanks for your help.
Just a hunch but I have found with some certain HD DVD's that the frame count does have to be precise (Matrix Trilogy being one of them) With EVODemux it would be better to get an exact frame rate and UNTICK fast evo checking. This way it will give you an exact counted frame rate for the film. This may clear it up abit but also with the GraphEdit it should be the file connected to SONIC HD DEMUXER and that needs to be connected to SONIC VIDEO CINEMASTER 4.3 or 4.2. There should be nothing else in GraphEdit my friend. Oh and also when I done the Matrix Trilogy I ended up using DolbyDigital or DTS audio as the TrueHD was doing my brain in.

Last edited by Sephiroth0000; 31st October 2007 at 13:52.
Old 31st October 2007, 13:47   #255  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

I am purchasing Transformers HD DVD aswell from the States this week so I will let you know how I get along aswell if you are unable to clear up the problem. You said you had some funky things going on with Sonic. Did you change the AllowAllRenders? Oh and also how have you registered the ax files from Graphedit? What operating system are you using aswell?
Old 31st October 2007, 16:12   #256  |  Link
superhero6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth0000 View Post
I am purchasing Transformers HD DVD aswell from the States this week so I will let you know how I get along aswell if you are unable to clear up the problem. You said you had some funky things going on with Sonic. Did you change the AllowAllRenders? Oh and also how have you registered the ax files from Graphedit? What operating system are you using aswell?
When I used sonic's video 4.3 filter. There would be random green blocks and lots of pixelation at random places in the video. I didn't know about the AllowAllRenders option but I will look into that as well as unselecting the fast evo checking. I used the standard
RegSvr32 to register the dump.ax and one or two other filters who's names escape me right now. I'm still running WinXP Pro SP2 with current patches. (Haven't switched to vista - don't really want to). I did notice that Evodemux list the framerate for the H.264 video at 60fps. Thanks again for helping .... hopefully it will be an easy fix or just something I overlooked. I will take your advice and use a different audio stream.
Old 31st October 2007, 16:42   #257  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

Quote:
When I used sonic's video 4.3 filter. There would be random green blocks and lots of pixelation at random places in the video. I didn't know about the AllowAllRenders option but I will look into that as well as unselecting the fast evo checking. I used the standard
RegSvr32 to register the dump.ax and one or two other filters who's names escape me right now. I'm still running WinXP Pro SP2 with current patches. (Haven't switched to vista - don't really want to). I did notice that Evodemux list the framerate for the H.264 video at 60fps. Thanks again for helping .... hopefully it will be an easy fix or just something I overlooked. I will take your advice and use a different audio stream.
If you did not change the AllowAllRenders then that may of explained the pixelation and green blocks. My advice would be to go back and use Sonic. I mean there are actually 5 or 6 files you need to register with Graphedit but as I have stated before regsvr32 them yourself and do not use the register file that comes with Graphedit. Also make sure them ax files are in SYSTEM32 folder. Oh and with H.264 reading at 60fps that is not right either. It should be getting read at 23.967fps for PAL or 30fps for NTSC but nowhere near 60 frames my friend. I cannot wait to get hold of my copy to be honest. Oh and you also say that you demux the H.264 video stream but normally its not a H.264 stream. Give the evo a VC1 video extensions (Windows Media Video 9 Advanced) if you are still stuck with problems.

Last edited by Sephiroth0000; 31st October 2007 at 16:56.
Old 31st October 2007, 18:02   #258  |  Link
superhero6

Here is the info from EVOdemux about the video stream
Attached Images

Old 31st October 2007, 18:44   #259  |  Link
Sephiroth0000

I think the extensions may be wrong. It should be being reconised as VC1. Go under options and give video the extensions of VC1, audio the extensions of DDP and subtitles SUP (that is if you wish to enclude subtitles)

Last edited by Sephiroth0000; 31st October 2007 at 22:25.
Old 1st November 2007, 02:28   #260  |  Link
superhero6

I double checked and it says on the disc case
"Two-Disc Set (Video Resolution/Codec) 1080p/MPEG 4" usually they say 1080p/VC-1.
I did solve my audio problem. I used delay cut on the big .wav that gets created by eac3to. I used -83ms delay and it seems to be ok. I have not watched all of the movie again but I did skip around and the audio seems to stay in sync trough out the movie.