Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd March 2007, 10:21   #1201  |  Link
orbitlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momber View Post
It does, when it comes out of AC3Filter or the Cyberlink Audio Decoder. But that file out of dtscore had all sorts of problems, including (but not limited to) a very subtle "beep" (for lack of a better word) in the left main channel.

S.

That's really weird. I asked one of my friend to check U-571 HD DVD again. The DTS audio track in U-571 is just plain DTS, not DTS-HD. The original size of DTS audio track is 1,314,614,644 bytes, we can get correct runtime(116min) from this size. After processed by dtscore, still same size, since there is no DTS-HD extension at all. And I also asked my friend to binary compare the input and output, 100% match. So I have no idea why you will get poor quality output. Maybe your source is corrupted?
orbitlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:41   #1202  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitlee View Post
That's really weird. I asked one of my friend to check U-571 HD DVD again. The DTS audio track in U-571 is just plain DTS, not DTS-HD. The original size of DTS audio track is 1,314,614,644 bytes, we can get correct runtime(116min) from this size. After processed by dtscore, still same size, since there is no DTS-HD extension at all. And I also asked my friend to binary compare the input and output, 100% match. So I have no idea why you will get poor quality output. Maybe your source is corrupted?
Orbitlee, btw how are thing going on with newer version of your filter? will it support also truehd decoding?
MichalHabart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:49   #1203  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@orbitlee, I hope I don't get on your nerves, but honestly, I'd much prefer a version of your DD+ filter which wouldn't connect to conventional AC3/DTS at all. I'd prefer that even over a totally fixed and completely working DD+/AC3/DTS filter. Why? Because having a DD+ only filter would give me the choice to use whatever (other) filter I want to use for AC3/DTS. More choices are good. And there are plenty working AC3/DTS filters. Hope you'll consider that. Thanks for your work!!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 11:42   #1204  |  Link
orbitlee

@MichalHabart: do we have a working truehd decoder filter now?

@madshi: To disable something is easier than to make something work. So here it is, the DD+ only source filter.

updated, see post #1207

Last edited by orbitlee; 23rd March 2007 at 13:02.
Old 23rd March 2007, 11:49   #1205  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Unfortunately not even cyberlink or sonic are able to play TrueHD at the moment we have to wait
Old 23rd March 2007, 12:25   #1206  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:

@madshi: To disable something is easier than to make something work. So here it is, the DD+ only source filter. http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwvvmi
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:00   #1207  |  Link
orbitlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
madshi, I want to confirm your requirement and my understanding. Currently this DD+ only source filter will refuse to open any AC3/DTS audio files, it only open DD+ audio. But it may connect to any downstream audio decoder filter, including ac3filter(not working of course) or sonic audio decoder 4.2(will work), unless you raise sonic audio decoder's merit or force DD+ source filter to connect to sonic audio decoder. I still don't know how to query the name of downstream audio decoder.

Here is another update, I included both version, DD+ only and full functiontional DTS/AC3/DD+. If you want to compile by yourself, use preprocessor macro DDPLUS_ONLY.
For the full functional version, I tested ac3filter and sonic audio decoder, with the following samples: AC3 192K, 384K, 448K, 640K, DTS 768K, 1536K, and some DD+. All samples work, and the runtime are also correct, at least on my system.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ce77vr
Old 23rd March 2007, 13:14   #1208  |  Link
ACrowley

THX

Nice, the new "Full" Source Filter works perfect.
Opens AC3/DTS/EAC3 with correct Runtime

In MKV too. With previous Version i had a Problems with AC3 and EAC3 in mkv. i had Acces violations when i switch from EAC3 to AC3.
Now its perfect

THX!

Last edited by ACrowley; 23rd March 2007 at 14:12.
ACrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:05   #1209  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyakame View Post
load the m2ts into gdsmux, mux it to mkv with gdsmux
But how? The Haali Muxer doesn't accept DTS-HD either.
I want to keep my DTS-HD, not throw anything away outside of "the core", not reencode the audio. At some time in the near future we may be able to make use of the full information contained in DTS-HD, it would be a shame to discard that.
All I want to do is to join the two m2ts files (which play nicely in ZoomPlayer with Cyberlink demux and AC3Filter btw) into one continuous file.

S.
Momber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:17   #1210  |  Link
Momber

Quote:
I also asked my friend to binary compare the input and output, 100% match. So I have no idea why you will get poor quality output. Maybe your source is corrupted?
Of course I can't rule that out. After all, U-571 was one of those titles that EVOdemux failed on with /rebuild. So I used /demux and that's how I got my DTS. If that is "regular" DTS (and you're right - I just confirmed it) and was demuxed correctly, I shouldn't have had any trouble playing it, or even remuxing it, and I wouldn't have seen the need to try dtscore. That is weird indeed.

Anyway, the "experts" write that the DD+ track of U-571 bests the DTS so I'll just patiently wait for an improved version of EVOdemux that can handle rebuilding this title (and a few others like it - I just heard "Happy Feet" is another addition to the list).

S.
Momber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:00   #1211  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
madshi, I want to confirm your requirement and my understanding. Currently this DD+ only source filter will refuse to open any AC3/DTS audio files, it only open DD+ audio. But it may connect to any downstream audio decoder filter, including ac3filter(not working of course) or sonic audio decoder 4.2(will work), unless you raise sonic audio decoder's merit or force DD+ source filter to connect to sonic audio decoder. I still don't know how to query the name of downstream audio decoder.

Here is another update, I included both version, DD+ only and full functiontional DTS/AC3/DD+. If you want to compile by yourself, use preprocessor macro DDPLUS_ONLY.
For the full functional version, I tested ac3filter and sonic audio decoder, with the following samples: AC3 192K, 384K, 448K, 640K, DTS 768K, 1536K, and some DD+. All samples work, and the runtime are also correct, at least on my system.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ce77vr
Thanks again for the update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitlee
I still don't know how to query the name of downstream audio decoder.
Hmmmm... The filter has a "CheckMediaType" method now. I guess you'd need to add a "CheckConnect" method. In that method you'd receive the Ac3Filter input pin as a parameter and could reject the connection for E-AC3. Just guessing, though. I've not much experience in DirectShow programming.
Old 24th March 2007, 03:31   #1212  |  Link
misdecrypt

Any chance EVO Demux could output a chapter file that I could use with megui/mkvmuxer? Thanks.
misdecrypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 13:15   #1213  |  Link
Jasch

Hello ,first of all thanks for this great thread, and tools you created.

I have tried a lot around and so far HDDVD(h264) to Mkv is solved for me.
Plays fine with bsplayer ore any directshowplayer.(Coreavc+ac3filter+sonic audio decoder)
MKV includes orig. h264,dd+,AC3 german Stream.

My steps

Demux with evodemux.
h264 stream mux to mp4 with yamb(set framerate)
mp4 + ddp +ac3 german(had to make 25to23fps and a little bit syncing with delaycut )
mux with mkvtoolnix(ddp track has to set as default).

(Reencode dd+ to ac3 or dts also works, but i stay with dd+ maybe later is an option for this)

Now i wanted try VC1, but im stuck in remux to mkv, tried the solution from page 7 get only mkv a few KB big.
(Playback VC1 in Graphedit is fine).
Im using Elecard 1.0.77 build 60823 and haali muxer 1.7.100.18.

IF someone has an idea, it would be nice.

(Sorry for my wired englisch)

Last edited by Jasch; 24th March 2007 at 13:42.
Jasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 13:32   #1214  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasch View Post
Now i wanted try VC1, but im stuck in remux to mkv, tried the solution from page 7 get only mkv a few KB big.
(Playback VC1 in Graphedit is fine).
Im using Elecard 1.0.77 build 60823 and haali muxer 1.7.100.18.
Use the latest Haali Media Splitter instead of Elecard.
Old 24th March 2007, 13:38   #1215  |  Link
Jasch

thanks seems to be working ,have to try full evo.

Last edited by Jasch; 24th March 2007 at 13:42.
Old 24th March 2007, 16:23   #1216  |  Link
Jasch

Ok full evo is working, but did not go to avi, because mkv is full playable(and seekable(much faster than x264)) through ffdschow(WMC1 =WMV9).

So plays fine in bsplayer.

Thanks so far for you help so x264 +vc1 is ok for me now, now i can look after bluray.
Old 24th March 2007, 19:55   #1217  |  Link
_xxl
ffdshow user

Quote:
Ok full evo is working, but did not go to avi, because mkv is full playable(and seekable(much faster than x264)) through ffdschow(WMC1 =WMV9).
MS WVC1 is multithreaded and DXVA.Libavcodec h.264 decoder is not.That's why it is slow.
_xxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 09:02   #1218  |  Link
Jasch

Yes but for x264 i dont use ffdschow i use Coreavc pro wich is MT.
When i seek there ist takes a while before its playing.
With VC-1 plays instandly.
Old 25th March 2007, 17:36   #1219  |  Link
ACrowley

i have a DTS HD 1536kbps 5.1 Track from IceAge2 BlueRay

Must be "real" DTS HD...the demxed File (dgmpeg) is 2.48Gb and shows Runtime 3.h55min

After dtscore extraction i get a 5.1 1536kbps plane DTS .
Runtime 1h31min04sek and 982MB

I also tried Besliced fixing. Bescliced can extract the DTS core too? Because i get a working 1536kbps 5.1 out from bescliced.
Also 982Mb .Runtime is little bit different 1h3058min

mhhh...
ACrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 19:47   #1220  |  Link
MichalHabart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
i have a DTS HD 1536kbps 5.1 Track from IceAge2 BlueRay

Must be "real" DTS HD...the demxed File (dgmpeg) is 2.48Gb and shows Runtime 3.h55min

After dtscore extraction i get a 5.1 1536kbps plane DTS .
Runtime 1h31min04sek and 982MB

I also tried Besliced fixing. Bescliced can extract the DTS core too? Because i get a working 1536kbps 5.1 out from bescliced.
Also 982Mb .Runtime is little bit different 1h3058min

mhhh...
And delaycut is also able to do this. But i would trust dtscore.