Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st February 2003, 18:39   #21  |  Link
Andykard

asifanwar

Thanx for your post and your script. I'm new to the use of avisynth scripts, can you tell me why you have idct and convert to YUY2 in your script. Presumably it will work without these 2 items being in the script. Do you get better results this way, some explanation will help me understand your reasoning here.
Andykard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2003, 23:15   #22  |  Link
asifanwar

I use MPEG2DEC3.dll to frameserve by d2v rather than the 'original' MPEG2DEC2. This explains the first point you bring up:
1. the idct setting is specifically written to take advantage of my Pentium4, and through testing I have noticed a slight speed increase. Not much, but why not squeeze the last drop out, huh?

2. I use AVIsynth 2.5 which natively uses YV12 (you can read a sticky on this at the beginning of the AVIsynth forum). Unfortunately CCE cannot accept YV12 feeds, so I have to convert back to YUY2 which CCE can use. I do this as the last line of the script so that as much of the processing by AVUsynth is done in YV12 mode which it likes and can work faster with. THe last step is to convert over to something CCE likes and away we go!

If you do not have a P4 then you dont need the idct bit (you may wish to check to see if there is s etting that matches your setup. this is in the documentation that comes with the MPEG2DEC3 file). I dont believe there are any optimizations with the MPEG2DEC2 file.
If you are using AVIsynth 2.07 and not 2.5 then you dont need the Convert line either.

Hope this helps.
asifanwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2003, 21:22   #23  |  Link
Morbid

I did some testing w/cce and pulldown today, was always wondering why I never got anything in the "pulldown list" after checking the box.

Well it seems that I had always changed the timecode to 00:00:00:00 from the default of 01:00:00:00, despite the warnings in the manual.

Anywho, I ran a test clip like that and when I clicked on the pulldown list and tried to use "set", even though nothing was there, I got an error message saying that 00:00:00:00 is illegal.

So I changed the timecode back to cce's default and ran the same test clip and walla, the pulldown list is populated.

What this will do when I try to import the entire clip into Maestro I do not know, but at least I've solved a mystery for myself.

Cheers

Morbid
Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote