Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th October 2011, 17:51   #6081  |  Link
Dogway

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytam1 View Post
Do you have LAV Video, LAV Audio, and LAV Splitter registered and with rv12 enabled in LAV Video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
LAV Splitters RealVideo output is not compatible with the MPC-HC Real Decoder. It currently only works with LAV Video and ffdshow, afaik
My setup is LavSplitter->ffvideo->LavAudio-ffaudiopostprocessor
But I only could play it using the MPC-HC internal splitter+ffvideo decoder (audio had a problem tho)
Old 10th October 2011, 18:05   #6082  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
My setup is LavSplitter->ffvideo->LavAudio-ffaudiopostprocessor
But I only could play it using the MPC-HC internal splitter+ffvideo decoder (audio had a problem tho)
If you turn on the "rv12" option in LAV Videos format options, that file plays just fine for me.
Making LAV Audio and Video compatible with the MPC-HC RealMedia splitter doesn't look easy, it supplys completely different data..
Old 10th October 2011, 18:33   #6083  |  Link
Anima123

nevcairiel, LAVSplitter does not include .rmvb? Nowadays, .rmvb is much more popular than .rm. Could you please add .rmvb to use LAVSplitter?
Anima123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 18:35   #6084  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

rmvb is handled just fine, exactly the same as rm. I really don't care for the extension, its just realmedia files for me.
Old 10th October 2011, 18:37   #6085  |  Link
Xaurus

Hi,

I've found a solution for my "blank screen" problem. I'm using the DVI out with a DVI-> VGA adapter into my computer monitor.
Then the HDMI goes out to the receiver as usual. I am using the connectors on the same output instead of HDMI + output 2.

Now when I turn off the TV I still have picture on my computer monitor.

Also, I can confirm that 24-bit padded to 32 works great through HDMI with WASAPI and I get 6 channels. So now everything is 100% (I think).
Please see a screenshot of all settings:
screenshot of settings
Old 10th October 2011, 19:20   #6086  |  Link
Dogway

Quote:
If you turn on the "rv12" option in LAV Videos format options, that file plays just fine for me.
Making LAV Audio and Video compatible with the MPC-HC RealMedia splitter doesn't look easy, it supplys completely different data..
That's correct, it worked no problems with lavsplitter->lavvideo->lavaudio
I guess the problem was between lavsplitter and ffdshow video not communicating correctly. It wasn't my intention to use internal splitters, it was only a sidenote.
I think it would be good if you added some tray icons for lav video and audio as ffdshow, so when you hover the mouse you can see the main information.
Old 10th October 2011, 19:34   #6087  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Can someone tell me where the function DRC is for?
THX-UltraII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 19:40   #6088  |  Link
SamuriHL

Isn't that the Dolby Room Correction stuff? Basically levels the noise if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10th October 2011, 19:55   #6089  |  Link
Andy o

I think it stands for dynamic range compression, and it does just that with Dolby tracks that support it.

Doh! I just saw that it clearly says "Dynamic Range Compression" in that section of the LAV control panel. So if you're actually asking what it is, it levels loud and quiet sounds so there's not a lot of dynamic range, useful when listening at low levels.

Last edited by Andy o; 10th October 2011 at 20:02.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 20:01   #6090  |  Link
SamuriHL

Oh right, that's what it stands for, yea. But it's metadata about the levels that are supposed to be used or something like that, yea?
Old 10th October 2011, 20:15   #6091  |  Link
QBhd
QB the Slayer

@ Xaurus

IIRC, you should have all the output formats of LAV Video checked and not just YV12 alone. But then again I may be wrong, so someone else please chime in if I am indeed incorrect

QB
Old 10th October 2011, 20:20   #6092  |  Link
Andy o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
Oh right, that's what it stands for, yea. But it's metadata about the levels that are supposed to be used or something like that, yea?
Yeah, works better than on-the-fly DRC cause it uses metadata. Unfortunately only the Dolby formats support that. Sometimes I'd like to use it, but most blu-rays nowadays are DTS.
Andy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 21:41   #6093  |  Link
TheShadowRunner

Quote:
Works fine for me using MPC-HCs FLV Splitter and LAV Video decoder.
Also works just great with LAV Splitter + LAV Video, of course.
Ooohh you're right, I just updated my old (standalone) FLVSplitter to v1.5.2.345 and issue is fixed with LAV Video dec (ffdshow still fux0red).
Awesome, thank you very much again!

Edit: sorry again but it's still not completely fixed ^^;;
After checking many FLVs, I encountered problems with 2:
Sample3 (green line on the side) / Sample4 (cropping issue on right side).

Last edited by TheShadowRunner; 10th October 2011 at 22:19.
TheShadowRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2011, 22:17   #6094  |  Link
Xaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
@ Xaurus

IIRC, you should have all the output formats of LAV Video checked and not just YV12 alone. But then again I may be wrong, so someone else please chime in if I am indeed incorrect

QB
Won't madvr accept only YV12?

In other news, my little "fix" didn't work after all... now the stupid setup is behaving the same way, when turning off the TV my computer monitor goes blank. WTH.
Old 10th October 2011, 22:33   #6095  |  Link
mkanet

I was told that LAVCUVID standalone decoder is being abandoned.

I could never make it work on two separate completely unlike machines. I'm a little apprehensive of installing LAV Video filter since I never could make LAVCUVID work. Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong with LAVCUVID? I asked my question in the LAVCUVID forum thread as well. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want LAVCUVID to work. It's really been bugging me what I'm doing wrong. I posted my question in the LAVCUVID forum thread.

If I still cant get LAVCUVID to work; even with the help of people here, I am hoping someone could tell me how to completely remove every trace of LAVCUVID from my system registry (GUID references, etc). I have a perfect, brand new installation of Windows 7 64bit with all new software. Everything is a brand new installation.

Thanks for anyone that can help.
mkanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 00:02   #6096  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaurus View Post
Won't madvr accept only YV12?
madVR, at least accepts YV12, NV12 and P010 for 4:2:0 content. I have not tested P016 but it wouldn't surprise me if it accepts that as well. For 4:2:2, I don't know what it accepts but I'm guessing YUY2, UYVY and P210 as well.

It also accepts RGB32 and RGB24, and finally probably AYUV and Y410.
Old 11th October 2011, 00:22   #6097  |  Link
Mixer73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
If I still cant get LAVCUVID to work; even with the help of people here, I am hoping someone could tell me how to completely remove every trace of LAVCUVID from my system registry (GUID references, etc). I have a perfect, brand new installation of Windows 7 64bit with all new software. Everything is a brand new installation.
I've used LAVCUVID and the integrated LAVfilters on Vista 64 and now Win7 64 and I've not had a problem installing, so I am not sure what your issue might be. Do you have any user account or permissions issues?
Mixer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 02:57   #6098  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post

Thanks for anyone that can help.
What videocard do you have ? I know NVidia, but can you tell us the exact model ?
Type CPU ? Motherboard ?
What's the version of your vid-drivers ?
What happens if you "try"to use LAVCUVID ? No video (black screen), crash,.. what errors are given ?
Current LAV-video = former (LAV-video + LAVCUVID) with some performance improvements wrt the LAVCUVID part.

Can you use DXVA with any other decoders ? (like the internal one from MPC-HC or Cyberlink , ArcSoft, Coreavc, ffdshow-dxva mode or other??...).

I'm using LAV-video (with LAVCUVID built in) since a lot of versions back without any problems on my GTX-570 and I'm very pleased with the LAV-filters !!
Especially the HW VA de-interlacing is kind of unique!
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2011, 05:18   #6099  |  Link
QBhd
QB the Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaurus View Post
In other news, my little "fix" didn't work after all... now the stupid setup is behaving the same way, when turning off the TV my computer monitor goes blank. WTH.
Have your TV setup as an extended desktop and make sure your monitor is the primary display. I have a similar setup (minus the AVR) and this is what works for me.

QB
Old 11th October 2011, 07:54   #6100  |  Link
Xaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
Have your TV setup as an extended desktop and make sure your monitor is the primary display. I have a similar setup (minus the AVR) and this is what works for me.

QB
What do you mean you have a similar setup, minus the AVR? Have you connnected the gfx directly into the TV?
If I do that there are no problems, I can switch between the TV and the computer monitor without problems and turning off one of them doesn't turn off the other...

This issue is really, really bothering me though... I have even contemplated running analogue audio out from the motherboard into the 7.1 in on the AVR and run the gfx card directly to the TV.

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter