Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 24th January 2017, 09:54   #361  |  Link
Jamaika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
Since my wife and I own an assortment of iPads and Apple TVs, it makes sense to build an MP4 collection that supplements our MKV collection where needed.
It should change. Supposedly Apple joined the team google. Can replace in the future, iPad and Apple TVs. In Poland iPads aren't popular so problem solved.

Quote:
P.S. I'm aware that there are apps out there that allow you to remux MKV files on the fly for iPads, iPhones, etc., but they tend to drain the devices' batteries rather quickly, and don't exactly have perfect output (e.g. NPlayer drops a frame once every 10 seconds).
This isn't the sense of the problem. MP4 container has limitations rip Bluray, but Matroska is not. This allows you to transfer Bluray on YouTube without menus.

PS And what do subtitles, joining videos, adding attachment and photos. How add metadata of files, information GPS from the cameras in the MP4 container.

Quote:
Why on Earth would you want to use the MOV container format in this day and age? The MOV container was developed by Apple for their (now rapidly aging) QuickTime Player. It was the predecessor to MP4, not its successor or competitor. Nowadays, MP4 is the industry standard and has more widespread support than MOV.
Both containers were created in the war of worlds between Apple and Microsoft. If I had to convert Matroska is obvious to me that the MOV. More codecs, you can post. It is that the older and cheaper models of household appliances do not support MOV to the customer's problem, what in China has bought.
Eg. Sony has created his XAVCS and likewise I doubt that omnifarious hardware is supported. Advertising is, buy Sony equipment.
Jamaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 06:38   #362  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaika View Post
Supposedly Apple joined the team google.
Umm... no they didn't. Do you see Apple switching from iOS to Android? Of course not. Let's see your source, buddy.

Quote:
In Poland iPads aren't popular so problem solved.
So what? Poland has ~39 million people. North America alone has ~580 million. What happens to the iPad market in Poland (let alone the rest of the world) has no bearing on the popularity of video container formats in the world. Oh, and I couldn't help but notice you were just talking about iPads, not iPhones, Apple TVs, smart TVs, and other devices that potentially only support MP4 over MKV.

Quote:
This isn't the sense of the problem. MP4 container has limitations rip Bluray, but Matroska is not.
Let's set the record straight here: I'm not knocking the Matroska/MKV container whatsoever; as I hinted in my previous post I have an MKV collection that greatly outnumbers my MP4 collection. I'm well aware of MP4's limitations when compared to MKV. What we're talking about here is MP4 vs MOV.

Quote:
This allows you to transfer Bluray on YouTube without menus.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying you like copying Blu-ray movies up to YouTube? Or copying them down from YouTube onto Blu-ray? Oh, who cares? This has no bearing on our discussion.

Quote:
PS And what do subtitles, joining videos, adding attachment and photos. How add metadata of files, information GPS from the cameras in the MP4 container.
MP4 supports subtitles, metadata, file editing, etc. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Both containers were created in the war of worlds between Apple and Microsoft.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What does Microsoft have to do with the MP4 and MOV containers? MOV was created by Apple, and MP4 was built on that foundation by the MPEG group. There was no competition intended, as even Apple uses the MP4 container format in its iTunes store. The only thing I can think of regarding competition is you're maybe referring to the WMV container format. But what does WMV have to do with what we're talking about?

Quote:
If I had to convert Matroska is obvious to me that the MOV. More codecs, you can post.
I don't understand your broken English, and at this point I don't really care. But since you're such a fan of the MOV container format, maybe you should read this article to set things straight:

http://www.differencebetween.net/tec...n-mov-and-mp4/

You'll notice in that article how it talks about the MOV container being a proprietary format to Apple, which contradicts your comment about how your problem was solved because iPads were no longer popular in Poland. Umm... so why are you so excited about the supposed demise of one of Apple's products in your country?

Quote:
It is that the older and cheaper models of household appliances do not support MOV to the customer's problem, what in China has bought.
Eg. Sony has created his XAVCS and likewise I doubt that omnifarious hardware is supported. Advertising is, buy Sony equipment.
So do you consider Apple and Sony products "cheap household appliances from China"? Wow... seriously, wow.

<Sigh>... I'm done trying to explain things to you. You go back to your world of trying to use MOV on non-Apple products, and I'll go the sane route of using MKV for my home theatre and MP4 for my devices that don't support MKV. It's why I came to this thread in the first place: to learn about and to use the MkvToMp4 program. What's your excuse?

Visor
Visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 08:45   #363  |  Link
Jamaika

Quote:
Umm... no they didn't. Do you see Apple switching from iOS to Android? Of course not. Let's see your source, buddy.
It's problem Apple, no my.
I see containers that can be added to the Android TV. The question is whether it works properly, which accessories to this need, eg. bus interface card. The task of of such a question in Poland seller is pointless.
http://www.mediadimo.com/tv-supported-format.html
Quote:
Oh, and I couldn't help but notice you were just talking about iPads, not iPhones, Apple TVs, smart TVs, and other devices that potentially only support MP4 over MKV.
That's not true
Quote:
What we're talking about here is MP4 vs MOV.
Some people say the same thing. Obsolete containers.
I say not the same containers. Even the audio codec PCM is not the same.

Bluray "copy" it's main advertising Matroska. The rest of the additives which, moreover, only work with lavfilters and probably in Cyberlink.
Quote:
MP4 supports subtitles, metadata, file editing, etc. Just sayin'.
Tragedy. I don't really recommend it.
Quote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What does Microsoft have to do with the MP4 and MOV containers? MOV was created by Apple, and MP4 was built on that foundation by the MPEG group. There was no competition intended, as even Apple uses the MP4 container format in its iTunes store. The only thing I can think of regarding competition is you're maybe referring to the WMV container format. But what does WMV have to do with what we're talking about?
That is my opinion and not only in Poland about the global market mov or mp4.

Quote:
The only thing I can think of regarding competition is you're maybe referring to the WMV container format. But what does WMV have to do with what we're talking about?
ASF container I don't bother.
On the market are files WMV. The problem with that recorded movies for example VHS or network that have poor quality. Here we aren't talking now about the final container.
Quote:
But since you're such a fan of the MOV container format, maybe you should read this article to set things straight:

http://www.differencebetween.net/tec...n-mov-and-mp4/
Most, if not all media players, that are available in various operating systems support this file format. Even in hand held devices like video players and gaming devices, you are more likely to find MP4 capabilities than MOV.
Camera manufacturer Canon isn't disowned MOV. And what did you do?

Sony is from China, Apple probably also. They aren't cheap, but there is a vast amount of cheap webcams sports. Everyone has their standards of strange and generally poor quality.

Quote:
What's your excuse?
Do not read too much on the forum doom9 because little attainment. Read books.

Last edited by Jamaika; 25th January 2017 at 09:37.
Jamaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 21:53   #364  |  Link
JCW2001

Quote:
This is still the most robust MKV to MP4 remuxer out there, with full metadata support among other things. It worked best on Windows 7 (and maybe 8?), and I'm seriously considering creating a VM install of Windows 7 just to regain full functionality of this app, as it's proven to be too buggy in Windows 10 for me.
It's been good on Windows 10 for me. What problems have you had?
JCW2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2018, 08:34   #365  |  Link
Rat O.o

Here is the UPDATED COMPLETE package. (Also, I have included Download link in the Tools subfolders so individuals can keep their tools updates)

All the tools have been updated as of June 21, 2018.

MkvToMp4 v0.224 (2018-06-21)
Download - MediaFire | Mega.nz

Quote:
FIXED:
  • iTunes search. (mkvtomp4.exe patched the 10/27/2014)

Updated Tools:
  • eac3to v3.34
  • ExifTool v11.0.3
  • FFmpeg v4.0 (Static)
  • MKVExtract v24.0
  • Qaac v2.67
  • Qtfiles from iTunes v12.7.5.9 (Windows 32-bit)
  • CoreAudioToolbox v7.10.9.0
  • SoX v14.4.2
  • x264 v2851 (2017-07-02)
  • FFMS2 v2.23.1
  • MediaInfo v0.7.79 (Do not update or the program does not work)
  • Mp4Box Official (Do not update or the program does not work)

If you want to update Mp4Box knowing that it does not support some features you can Download the update from here:

MP4Box Update [Test] (Read the Notepad)
Download - MediaFire | Mega.nz

Quote:
  • MP4Box Official
  • MP4Box v0.5.2 rev998
  • MP4Box v0.7.2 rev563 (The latest version)

Other (Very good Tools)
- MKVToolNix
- gMKVExtractGUI
- FFmpegYAG (Advanced GUI for the popular FFmpeg audio/video encoding tool)
- Subtitle Edit
- MP4.tool or My-MP4Box GUI
Rat O.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2018, 15:50   #366  |  Link
manolito

Thanks a lot for this package, very useful...

I had to learn the hard way that it is a bad idea to update MediaInfo and Mp4Box.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:37   #367  |  Link
manolito

Inspired by Rat O.o's package I assebled another package for users of WinXP and a computer with a Non-SSE2 CPU...

It is version 0.222 where all tools are updated as of July 2018 to the very latest versions which work under WinXP SP3 and a Non-SSE2 CPU (older Athlons). Download from here:

https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211...uly%202018.zip

These are the tools which MUST NOT BE UPDATED for such ancient computers and Operating Systems:

DelayCut
FFMS2
FFMPEG
CoreAudioToolbox (the qtfiles folder)
MediaInfo
Mp4Box
X264
MKVExtract

Cheers
manolito
Old 28th March 2019, 15:40   #368  |  Link
beterhans
BeterHans

Best tool I never seem on Windows
beterhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 20:53   #369  |  Link
abelar

Quote:
Originally Posted by beterhans View Post
Best tool I never seem on Windows
Agree.

Last edited by tebasuna51; 10th January 2020 at 00:40.
abelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 19:08   #370  |  Link
cafevincent

What tool should I use if I want to put x265 video from mkv to mp4 without recoding?
cafevincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2020, 05:49   #371  |  Link
manolito

Unfortunately MkvToMp4 does not handle HEVC video. If you load a HEVC clip, it always insists to reencode it to AVC

But there are other (less sophisticated) tools to repack a HEVC clip in an MKV container to MP4. FFmpeg can do it (use a GUI like dmMediaConverter if you are uncomfortable with the command line). AviDemux also does it (though I could not get the MP4v2 muxer to work).

What absolutely refused to work for me was YAMB (GUI for MP4Box).
Old 10th January 2020, 11:53   #372  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafevincent View Post
What tool should I use if I want to put x265 video from mkv to mp4 without recoding?
Out of interest... Why do you want to re-mux to the .mp4 container. What playback device are you using?
Old 12th January 2020, 15:58   #373  |  Link
cafevincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Out of interest... Why do you want to re-mux to the .mp4 container. What playback device are you using?
I am trying to make an animated wallpaper with Wallpaper Engine. It does not accept matroska, like most editors.

Plus seeing the tags available to MP4 I now want to remux my entire collection. I really, really need tags. I currently use filebot to fill the filename with "tags" and a lot of useful information has to be left out.
cafevincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2020, 19:06   #374  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafevincent View Post
I am trying to make an animated wallpaper with Wallpaper Engine. It does not accept matroska, like most editors.
An "animated wallpaper"!

I've not tried creating one of these...

Tags
mkv, mkvtomp4, mp4, repack, video