Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 6th September 2007, 14:30   #1  |  Link
SuperGoof

"Blu-ray Disc Ripper 1.5" - a program to copy Blu-ray discs. (UPDATED!)

Blu-ray Disc Ripper 1.5 - 22-Nov-2008

- Improved the interface for selecting BD-Live cache folder. Added support for ArcSoft's TotalMedia Theatre BD-Live cache folders.

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dedvp7

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blu-ray Disc Ripper 1.4 - 29-Oct-2008

- Changed the program to use Volume Unique Key instead of CPS Unit Key. Blu-ray discs having multiple CPS Unit Keys (e.g. Iron Man) can now be copied. Please use DumpVID and AACSKeys to get a Volume Unique Key for your disc.

- The program now checks whether the provided key results in successful decrypting. Also, it won't attempt to decrypt non-encrypted files.

- Added an option to decrypt downloaded .m2ts / .m2t files in PowerDVD's BD-Live cache folders.

- The program now copies 'AACS' folder (and renames it to 'SLY!'). It might be needed for BD-Live enabled titles to decrypt related downloaded content.

- Removed Blu-ray region code related functionality. Please use Blu-ray Region Code Remover for this.

- Minor user interface changes.

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z0tnc6

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone,

There is a new program out there which allows you to copy / decrypt / backup a Blu-ray Disc.

It can remove Blu-ray region code as well!

It's called "Blu-ray Disc Ripper 1.2 for .NET".

It is written in Visual Basic and requires Vista or XP with .NET Framework 2.0 to run.

You can download it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/53788104..._.NET.zip.html

The program in action:

Regards,

Last edited by SuperGoof; 22nd November 2008 at 00:27. Reason: New version - Blu-ray Disc Ripper 1.5
SuperGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2007, 17:00   #2  |  Link
honai

Hmmm. There is a big billboard in there asking the user to "evaluate AnyDVD HD from SlySoft.com".

What exactly is the connection between AnyDVD HD and this program, or its author?
Old 11th September 2007, 11:36   #3  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by honai View Post
What exactly is the connection between AnyDVD HD and this program, or its author?
There is no formal connection. The author is just a big fan of Slysoft!
Old 12th September 2007, 19:33   #4  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Is their a Source Code?
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2007, 02:34   #5  |  Link
szb005

very good program
szb005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 01:34   #6  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Not to sound repetitive but to save this thread from extinction I was just wondering!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax_Undone View Post
Is their a Source Code?
And are you going to continue its development
Ajax_Undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 15:40   #7  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Is their a Source Code?
Well... There is a source code.

OK. Since I would never have written this program if I did not see BackupBluRayv021 code, I will share decrypting part of the code of this program.

Here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/56338249/cDecrypt.zip.html

I won't share user interface code. Sorry.

Last edited by SuperGoof; 17th September 2007 at 16:06.
Old 17th September 2007, 15:43   #8  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
And are you going to continue its development
I don't know. Maybe I will look into implementing standard AACS authentication so that there is no need to search for a CPS key. But it won't be very soon.
Old 17th September 2007, 15:43   #9  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by szb005 View Post
very good program
Thanks!
Old 22nd September 2007, 16:27   #10  |  Link
willn333

This is a great program, but on certain movies in the middle of ripping I am getting a Data Redundancy error. CRC failed. Anyone know what this may be?
willn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 16:44   #11  |  Link
SvT
Never Grow Up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by willn333 View Post
This is a great program, but on certain movies in the middle of ripping I am getting a Data Redundancy error. CRC failed. Anyone know what this may be?
"Data Redundancy error" has something to do with the data being read from the disc. A common cause is a damaged/dirty disc but it can also be your drive. (try google for "Data Redundancy error" and you'll find lot's of info)

It has nothing to do with the "Blu-ray Ripper" program !

Goodluck !
SvT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 16:48   #12  |  Link
willn333

This is a brand new drive and I am able to rip other movies, it is just certain ones that are having a problem. So the only solution is to try and clean the disc?
Old 22nd September 2007, 17:03   #13  |  Link
SvT
Never Grow Up !

Quote:
This is a brand new drive and I am able to rip other movies, it is just certain ones that are having a problem. So the only solution is to try and clean the disc?
Based on your information it is a good start....
SvT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 10:24   #14  |  Link
SuperGoof

I'm surprised that no one was interested in the algorithm this program uses to remove Blu-ray region code, and how I come up with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think AnyDVD HD and this program are currently the only two programs in the world which can remove Blu-ray region code.
Old 5th October 2007, 21:53   #15  |  Link
willn333

SuperGoof, I am wondering exactly why my aacs keys is not decrypting anymore. Did they revoke the PowerDVD host key that was being used? If so, why would I be revoked since I haven't played any newer movies other than the ones I have already ripped a couple of weeks ago? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 6th October 2007, 01:01   #16  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

@SuperGoof

I think because of MKB V4 and BDSVM (BD+) everyone is too busy hoping these will be "opened" soon.
If you fix that, then i am sure people will wonder how
bob0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2007, 12:57   #17  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
SuperGoof, I am wondering exactly why my aacs keys is not decrypting anymore. Did they revoke the PowerDVD host key that was being used? If so, why would I be revoked since I haven't played any newer movies other than the ones I have already ripped a couple of weeks ago? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The host key used by "AACS Keys" was revoked long time ago. So "AACS Keys" should only be used in combination with DumpVID:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124294&page=13

First you find VID with DumpVID, and then use it with "AACS Keys".

If this still does not work, then probably your disc has new MKB and cannot be decrypted with processing key (this is different from host key) used by "AACS Keys".
Old 6th October 2007, 13:01   #18  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob0r View Post
@SuperGoof

I think because of MKB V4 and BDSVM (BD+) everyone is too busy hoping these will be "opened" soon.
If you fix that, then i am sure people will wonder how
This is what I thought, too. Removing Blu-ray region code looks too trivial compared to cracking BD+.
Old 7th October 2007, 09:18   #19  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Here I will prompt your:
How did you design the algorithm for the removal of Blue-ray region coding?

Seriously, I am kind of curious.
Old 7th October 2007, 13:48   #20  |  Link
SuperGoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777 View Post
Here I will prompt your:
How did you design the algorithm for the removal of Blue-ray region coding?

Seriously, I am kind of curious.
OK. Here is the story.

I knew for long time that in order to remove Blu-ray region code, AnyDVD only modifies MovieObject.bdmv file. One day I accidentally came across file called "MovieObject.xsd". I found it in program folders of one of the Sonic's programs. Then I made an attempt to match real MovieObject.bdmv file from one of my Blu-ray movies with that schema. I spent an evening doing that, and to my surprise, I succeeded in doing so. After that, I wrote a program which parses MovieObject.bdmv file and converts it to readable and analyzable form, MovieObject.bdmv.txt file.

Then I applied this program to all 18 MovieObject.bdmv files of 18 Blu-ray movies I had at that time (In fact, only 6 of them had region code). Also I applied it to AnyDVD's modified versions of MovieObject.bdmv files (4 different versions of each file - with different AnyDVD settings: Automatic, Region A, B, and C). Then I compared original and AnyDVD's versions of MovieObject.bdmv.txt files. After that, I figured out the algorithm. Also, to make sure that the criteria I was going to use to decide when to modify a byte, are indeed correct, I was opening each MovieObject.bdmv.txt file in Excel, and did some analysis after applyng standard filter.

The biggest surpise to me after all that was that I figured out that my original theory on what exactly AnyDVD does when it removes Blu-ray region code was wrong. I thought that it does some kind of re-routing. In fact, from the code it looks like it substitutes region code which supposed to come from player, with predefined region code which you tell it to use. So this happens before any routing.

So you see that in fact all the credit for removing Blu-ray region code should go to Slysoft. I just did some reverse engineering.

Here you can download the code:

http://rapidshare.com/files/60880377..._Code.zip.html